Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 15

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/11/2014 10:45 PMStatus ::
Kano Goes Commando in New Narrated Trailer

With Gamescom 2014 just days away - NetherRealm Studios Creative Director Ed Boon has helmed a new character preview trailer starring Kano! The latest European timed exclusive comes courtesy of Eurogamer and features the klassic warrior first revealed by GamePro Magazine!

There's a lot to be excited about in this latest reveal, which tells us a lot, and shows a little bit more! The trailer offers a decidedly more aged and mechanically upgraded version of Kano than appeared pictured in German GamePro [full story], suggesting the first concrete example of how Mortal Kombat X will adapt fighters across its 25 year story mode.

Like the Raiden trailer before it - Kano's Boon narrated feature highlights the Character Variation system that dictates fighting styles for all the fighters. Cutthroat (Enhanced Kombos), Cybernetic (Long Range Zoning) & Commando (Grappling Counters).

Kano's variations show exciting versatility from the Black Dragon villain, with excellent sharing between the trademark attacks he's utilized in the past. The Cutthroat style utilizes new focus on the bandolier cybernetic heart reactor that recalls Killer Instinct's Fulgore and his overclocking gimmick. Cybernetic shows strong aerial attack and defense with prominent use of cybernetic eye lasers and more. Commando shows a brutal grappling style with knife fighting giving the style a suitably brutal edge. These styles also come with varied glowing colors in Kano's vastly upgraded cybernetics -- an organic visual alteration.

Kano's evolved appearance isn't the only new element on offer. A rumoured Jungle arena is finally on show, with backstory adding to the tradition of mythology that lies behind most Mortal Kombat stages. Located in Outworld, it hints both at an unaccounted for race -- and also the continued significance of Outworld to the main plot. As to who this forgotten race is -- it conjures the likes of Reptile, but we wouldn't want to assume anything this early! For all we know, it could be volatile insects who once called this jungle home.

"We take the fight to the jungle - ancient ruins overgrown with wilderness that was once home to a now forgotten Outworld race."

Kano battles newcomer D'Vorah in the trailer. She and Sub-Zero have featured recently in graphic break downs of their own three-mode Character Variations. Both were featured during Sony E3 launch presentations in June [full story].

Mortal Kombat Online had high hopes for a character like Kano. We're thrilled with what has eventuated. The aged version recalls 1995's character-defining film performance by the late Trevor Goddard, with exactly the kind of cybernetic accoutrement we would hope for from a 25 year time leap! The stylistic tones of camouflage pants and a bare chest are quite understated for Mortal Kombat -- a welcome naturalistic shift with just the right blend of Mad Max tinged future grunge to make use of the new direction.

Fans within the MKOmmunity have already been energized by this exciting pre-Gamescom reveal. Do you think this is it for the German trade fair cycle? Do you like what you see? Register to immortalize your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

SwarmPosted: 08/11/2014 12:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::51
Kano reveal trailer (also jungle stage)

Didn't see a thread on this. The link is for eurogamer.pt, the only place so far where I've seen it.

Enjoy ;)

http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/mortal-kombat-x-kano-trailer-gameplay

youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvULJJOPBxQ

Dragon Points:
IcebabyPosted: 08/11/2014 12:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::11647
Nationality::United States
RE: Kano reveal trailer (also jungle stage)

FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Nuff said. That fatality bit... Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!

xysionPosted: 08/11/2014 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

That stage is AWESOME. Kano looks incredible!!!

EDIT: What Icebaby said!!!!

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
Hooky-FookyPosted: 08/11/2014 12:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::1061

Nice find! Watching now.

gosoxtimPosted: 08/11/2014 12:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::1768

did anyboy notice the characther selcetion was dfferent?

NephritePosted: 08/11/2014 01:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::3777
Nationality::Croatia

Nice stage...

xysionPosted: 08/11/2014 01:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

gosoxtim Wrote:
did anyboy notice the characther selcetion was dfferent?

Yes, the stage select is different as well. This is an updated build most likely

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
DVorahPosted: 08/11/2014 01:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::628
Nationality::Netherlands

OMG! Bye bye Kurtis Stryker and Jax!

This Kano is AMAZING! I'm in love with his Laser-style, that is by far the best variation! Just what I said, more technology on Kano!

Love the jungle stage, it looks pretty! Too bad D'vorah didn't really showed anything new...

The Fatality looks cool, tho we didn't see the entire version of it yet.

This means that Kano isn't the one shown next!

gosoxtimPosted: 08/11/2014 01:03 PMStatus ::

DVorah Wrote:
OMG! Bye bye Kurtis Stryker and Jax!

This Kano is AMAZING! I'm in love with his Laser-style, that is by far the best variation! Just what I said, more technology on Kano!

Love the jungle stage, it looks pretty! Too bad D'vorah didn't really showed anything new...

The Fatality looks cool, tho we didn't see the entire version of it yet.

This means that Kano isn't the one shown next!
what you mean unless they do a surprise reveal at gamescom i think is it but he diid any more info at gamescom so maybe kano is not the gmaescom reveal

JAX007Posted: 08/11/2014 01:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

That was awesome! Hope they have one of these videos for every character.

Hooky-FookyPosted: 08/11/2014 01:05 PMStatus ::

Wow! I'm loving the counter style, I think it was called Commando? That and the lazer/grenade style. He looks good in my opinion.

Also, what the hell happened to his stomach? It looks like he got attacked by something vicious, like its got tons of scars.

The character select screen: Will the top row be returning characters and bottom row new characters?

IcebabyPosted: 08/11/2014 01:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::11647

I love how his cyborg pieces changes color depending on the variation. But when Boon says he's "deadlier than ever" because of those pieces, Mr. Boon, I think you meant to say "faster than ever."

This is by no means a complaint, but my goodness he is freakishly fast.

RedSumacPosted: 08/11/2014 01:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::2302
Nationality::Russia

OK, I take my words back.
Kano looks awesome and brutal. More brutal than ever before. I like his variations and how differences between handles in his costume.

New arena is great.

Demon_0Posted: 08/11/2014 01:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::4663
Nationality::Afghanistan

Loving Kano way more than in MK9. The best he has looked so far and pretty decent variations. But whats with the fatality? They didnt show it in full?

Oh and one of best X rays so far ;)

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
gosoxtimPosted: 08/11/2014 01:18 PMStatus ::

Hooky-Fooky Wrote:
Wow! I'm loving the counter style, I think it was called Commando? That and the lazer/grenade style. He looks good in my opinion.

Also, what the hell happened to his stomach? It looks like he got attacked by something vicious, like its got tons of scars.

The character select screen: Will the top row be returning characters and bottom row new characters?
yeah i wonder if we have 12 new character and 12 old chracthes which is 24 then with couple be unlockables then to a total 28 then

moneyguyPosted: 08/11/2014 01:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::1397

Looks like he cut out Hsu Hao's chest piece technology and stole it for himself.

I think it's an awesome update for Kano. He looks pretty cool and definitely like the badass he is supposed to be. Unfortunately his variations are confirming the variation trend theory I have....

Can't wait to see the full fatality. Also how many characters do they plan to reveal before release? Haha if this keeps up, surely we will see all of them right?

pankajtarePosted: 08/11/2014 01:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::545
Nationality::India

Awesome.

YOU MUST SHOW NO MERCY NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU FOR YOUR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL... .........."WARRIOR WISDOM".
gosoxtimPosted: 08/11/2014 01:25 PMStatus ::

moneyguy Wrote:
Looks like he cut out Hsu Hao's chest piece technology and stole it for himself.

I think it's an awesome update for Kano. He looks pretty cool and definitely like the badass he is supposed to be. Unfortunately his variations are confirming the variation trend theory I have....

Can't wait to see the full fatality. Also how many characters do they plan to reveal before release? Haha if this keeps up, surely we will see all of them right?
i dont know how many coventions are left in this year so wh knows

RavenbezPosted: 08/11/2014 01:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::647
Nationality::England

love love love it! good ol kano. lookds like he has a Jax/Stryker mix in one of his variations as well as a cyber arm. his body scars look like he survived a fatality!

'Your soul is MINE!' *everything crossed for Reiko*
UlcaTronPosted: 08/11/2014 01:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::14372

Very nice. Glad to see a valid confirmation of an original character that isn't boring me to death as of late.

Have a nice day.
Hooky-FookyPosted: 08/11/2014 01:31 PMStatus ::

I also noticed that D'Vorah referred to Kano directly by name. Maybe they become enemies or something

Immortal_KanjiPosted: 08/11/2014 01:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::7992
Nationality::Canada

It would've been nice if his trailer shown him fighting Cassie.

Cassie: Kano!
Kano: You're pretty AND over the head! Just like your mommy and daddy.
Cassie: No one insults my parents, including you!

blackcyborgPosted: 08/11/2014 01:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499

That was awesome. Kano looks fantastic, more brutal and faster than ever. The stage was amazing! I'm loving the stage detail. Such a sucker for the stages they create.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 08/11/2014 01:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

My god.

Alright, I've watched it a few times now so a few thoughts...

1. The tattoos are back!!! First time I've ever been excited to see Kano. I love his little beard-tail. I'm not much for grapplers but his Commando variation will probably be the first I try. All those counters? Awsum. The Cybernetic variation is the next most promising. And the chest laser? Fantastic.

2. That arena looks outstanding. Home to a forgotten race, eh? Reptile or D'Vorah, maybe? And yay! Another interaction I like. That head slam into the statue was great.

3. Best X-Ray I've seen yet. That chest slice was just...oh my word.

I can't wait to see the full blown Fatality. Just that little bit of it was exciting.
I think they're getting great responses from these videos, so it's safe to assume that many other characters will be revealed with a video or at least have one following their reveal.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
Page of 15

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.