P.T. aka Silent Hills (Covert PS4 Reveal)
posted01/20/2018 09:12 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
- Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro Team Up For New Silent Hill

Earlier today Sony teased a free PlayStation 4 download called P.T. Little did we know this would turn out to be a stealth reveal of a new Silent Hill project being headed by Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, The Orphanage).

Toward the end of the demo, a character turns around to reveal a virtual likeness of Norman Reedus, who is most famous for his role as Daryl Dixon in The Walking Dead. Reedus' first film, coincidentally, was Del Toro's horror flick Mimic. As this happens, the names Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro flash across the screen, culminating with the presumed title Silent Hills.

To see this reveal yourself, download P.T. from the PlayStation Store.

Pretty fun way to reveal!
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

08/13/2014 12:11 AM (UTC)
I have no words for this at this moment. I'm still baffled. Is this for real? Am I real? Are you?

What.
FerraTorr
About Me

Props to MINION for making this sig.

08/13/2014 01:21 AM (UTC)
Damn another potentially amazing horror game.
xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

08/13/2014 01:30 AM (UTC)
I hope they can do the series justice because it has gone through the mud for number of years.
Darkhound74
08/13/2014 05:46 AM (UTC)
The demo gave me a fucking heart-attack...
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

08/13/2014 07:32 AM (UTC)
This fucking demo made me almost shit myself.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/13/2014 08:08 AM (UTC)
Just got back from a friend's house. We played the demo for about an hour, and I can say without hesitation, this is the scariest experience I've ever had gaming. You will burn calories playing this shit.
[Killswitch]
About Me

08/13/2014 08:26 AM (UTC)
I honestly can't sleep and I've only been watching gameplay on Youtube. This is some scary shit and I'm usually cynical to modern survival horror games. The atmosphere is absolutely incredible considering the only location is the same hallway repeated.

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
That ghost is some next level scare shit too. Fuck me I can't stop thinking about it when she closes the cracked bathroom door when you peer inside.

The radio telling you to turn around was creepy as fuck too. I couldn't even look at my computer screen if the player dared turned around which turned out to be nothing behind you after all

I'm actually very optimistic about this now that I watched this little tech demo. It may not exceed the first 4 games in the franchise, but it looks to be a HELL of a lot better than anything Homecoming, Downpour, Shattered Memories, and the rest of the piles of garbage EVER tried to pass off as "horror". Kojima, you have this suffering SH fan's attention.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
08/13/2014 08:49 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
I honestly can't sleep and I've only been watching gameplay on Youtube. This is some scary shit and I'm usually cynical to modern survival horror games. The atmosphere is absolutely incredible considering the only location is the same hallway repeated.

What're the best YouTube links? Wanna check some of this out!
[Killswitch]
About Me

08/13/2014 08:58 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

What're the best YouTube links? Wanna check some of this out!

I watched this one. No commentary. This is some intense stuff, man.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/13/2014 09:56 PM (UTC)
- Kojima Talks About Silent Hills Reveal And How He Wants To Terrify You

At today's Metal Gear Solid V press conference, Hideo Kojima discussed P.T., the playable teaser that revealed he was working on a new Silent Hill game with filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro.

He said he wanted to be an industry first to do a reveal like this, and he intentionally made the last puzzle of P.T. extremely difficult. "I expected it to take a week to solve," Kojima said. "I was surprised it took less than one day."

Kojima mused that he underestimated his fans, but he calls his interactive teaser reveal, "a success." Kojima wanted people all over the world to unite through the internet and solve the puzzle with his big reward: the Silent Hills announcement.

He wanted to make sure nobody had any idea that this was coming; therefore, he purposely dropped the graphical and gameplay quality so people would believe it came from an unknown studio. He did, however, hide a hint in the studio name: 7780s. The area of Japan's Shizuoka prefecture 7780 square kilometers, and one translation for the words "Silent Hill" in Japanese is Shizuoka.

Racking up the cool points!

[Killswitch] Wrote:
I watched this one. No commentary. This is some intense stuff, man.

Stop the damn match!
[Killswitch]
About Me

08/13/2014 10:12 PM (UTC)
A week to solve? Damn, that's insane. All I've been doing today was watching different people play PT on Youtube. This teaser has been on my mind all day and I keep watching it despite knowing the outcomes. Finally a new Silent Hill that has potential. I never thought I would see the day.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
08/14/2014 04:57 AM (UTC)
I am disturbed, terrified, and don't know if I have it within me to play this.

Silent Hill is back.
Darkhound74
08/14/2014 05:27 AM (UTC)
So I'll admit that I could not make it all the way through the demo on my first try. I got stuck on one part, but just the thought of having to experience that "OH SHIT" moment again.....totally fucked with my head.

I will BEAT that demo....I WILL!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/14/2014 05:29 AM (UTC)
Darkhound74 Wrote:
I got stuck on one part, but just the thought of having to experience that "OH SHIT" moment again.....totally fucked with my head.

Darkhound74
08/14/2014 05:47 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:
I got stuck on one part, but just the thought of having to experience that "OH SHIT" moment again.....totally fucked with my head.

I would have gladly chosen that moment haha. Nonetheless I cannot wait for this game.
mkreptile8860
08/14/2014 07:24 AM (UTC)
Just played it holy shit i have not had a gam scare me so much since silent hill 2 3 and REmake Silent hill is back this is gonna be amazing.
Kamionero
08/14/2014 11:08 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:

Spaghet!

Back to topic, Hideo and Silent Hill has been my wet dream fantasy of fantasies for years. Cannot wait for all the easter eggs!!!!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/15/2014 01:37 AM (UTC)
If anyone's just catching up, or hasn't been able to see the whole thing to its conclusion, these videos are pretty good. Full run is up now (no commentary): Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6.

Really have enjoyed it. Best of Gamescom.
I'd like to know more about the actual puzzle mechanics/triggers.
Darkhound74
08/15/2014 05:15 AM (UTC)
According to IGN there are three known ways of actually beating the demo.
FerraTorr
About Me

Props to MINION for making this sig.

08/15/2014 06:29 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Stop the damn match!

"BAH GAWD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" grin
[Killswitch]
About Me

08/15/2014 06:30 AM (UTC)
I've heard too many ways to beat this damn thing. Someone on 4chan's board /v/ said they plugged their mic and laughed until the fetus and the telephone rang or something and it worked. No one else could recreate it though. I have no idea how to legitimately beat this thing.

I understand to not taking anything from /v/ seriously let alone all of 4chan. That was just one example I found that stuck out the most and it made me lel the most.
Darkhound74
08/15/2014 06:49 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
I've heard too many ways to beat this damn thing. Someone on 4chan's board /v/ said they plugged their mic and laughed until the fetus and the telephone rang or something and it worked. No one else could recreate it though. I have no idea how to legitimately beat this thing.

I understand to not taking anything from /v/ seriously let alone all of 4chan. That was just one example I found that stuck out the most and it made me lel the most.

I know one theory is having a headset hooked up to the system and answer the laugher when it's heard.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/15/2014 07:20 AM (UTC)
Does anybody know...

... what makes the spooky lady attack?
Chrome
About Me

08/15/2014 12:00 PM (UTC)
Well the series has been hit and miss mostly.

SH2, 4 and Downpour were the only one's with merit so far, but this looks promising as hell. And Del Toro is my favourite horror director.
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.