KingBellsprout
04/02/2015 08:58 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/26/2015 02:38 AM (UTC)
- PSA: The Distribution Period For P.T. On PlayStation Network Ends This Month

A new notice on the official website for P.T. (A.K.A. Silent Hills) says the demo will be pulled from the PlayStation Store at the end of this month.

The distribution period of "P.T. (Playable Teaser)" on PlayStation®Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.

sad
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

04/26/2015 03:52 AM (UTC)
I'm so upset I never actually got to personally play this and now I probably never will.
Chrome
About Me

04/26/2015 05:53 PM (UTC)
colt1107
About Me

Anarcho-pirate

04/26/2015 06:45 PM (UTC)
It's not gonna mess with my game if I already have it downloaded to my PS4 will it? I'm never losing this game. It's so fun to see people's reactions to it.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

04/26/2015 11:26 PM (UTC)
I'm pretty sure the demo will still be playable if you get it before the 29th.
Dibula
About Me

04/27/2015 12:03 AM (UTC)
This will be a damn shame if it does get cancelled. I was considering buying a PS4 just for the occasion.

Although, there is still No Man's Sky...
KenshiMaster16
04/27/2015 05:05 PM (UTC)
Ugh I really really REALLY hate Konami lately. Such TERRIBLE decisions from them.
residentfan
04/27/2015 09:43 PM (UTC)
Damn, that game looked amazing, real shame.

I only played Silent Hill 1 for the PS1 last year, honestly, I was very impressed, the atmosphere was amazing, specially the School part, the jump scares were very good too. 2 and 3 are in my list of purchases, they are hard to find (I won't buy the HD collections after what I heard, are they really that bad?).

Anyway, I had high hopes for this, the last game that truly scared me was Dead Space, and that was quite a while ago (another series that's dead), RE Revelations 2 was good, but nothing extraordinary.

I'm very disapointed.
Chrome
About Me

04/27/2015 09:46 PM (UTC)
The last scary game that was ever made was System Shock 2.

And that one level from Thief 3.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/28/2015 04:19 PM (UTC)
- Blog: Who Killed Silent Hills?

Adorably nerdy film director Guillermo del Toro has never been shy about making his long-standing desire to become involved in video games known. That's why Silent Hills seemed so perfect.

The project was set to pair del Toro with game director Hideo Kojima, who in turn has never been shy about his eagerness to be involved with the movie industry — heck, a couple of years ago, I attended the opening ceremony for his studio's Los Angeles headquarters, a setup clearly arranged as a means to put Kojima Productions within striking distance of Hollywood. Silent Hills should have been a perfect team-up, and last year's playable teaser for the project (a microgame called "P.T.," as in, well, "playable teaser") seemed to bode well.

But as it turns out, Silent Hills is not to be. The game's future was cast somewhat into doubt when rumors began to swirl of an acrimonious rift between publisher Konami and its golden child Kojima, reinforced directly by close sources and indirectly by strange (and seemingly passive-aggressive) actions by Konami. Then a few days ago, people began to talk about the fact that P.T. will be delisted from digital platforms on April 29. This snowballed over the weekend into rumors that Silent Hills has been cancelled, which rolled into statements to that effect by del Toro, and ultimately a direct confirmation of that fact by Konami this morning.

If you feel like wallowing in the situation, this is a good place to start.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/30/2015 08:08 AM (UTC)
- PS4 with Silent Hills demo P.T. installed listed for £1000 on ebay

P.T., the playable teaser for Silent Hills, is going to be removed from PSN today, following the game’s cancellation. Which means that only those who have downloaded it before, or have it in their library, will be able to download it later.

Naturally, this has lead a few entrepreneurs to the idea of selling PlayStation 4 systems with the demo installed for upwards of £1,000.00. These are not new eBay accounts either, both users have sold other items through the eBay before.

Damn!
mkdfan
About Me
04/30/2015 02:45 PM (UTC)
I made a PSN account a few days ago to tie this game to my account just incase.
I don't know when/if I'll get a ps4 but if I do, I want to play this game.
Boo konami!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/06/2015 10:53 PM (UTC)
- P.T. Completely Removed From PlayStation Store, Cannot Be Re-Downloaded

Update: Konami has confirmed that P.T. has been completed deleted from the PlayStation Store. "We already announced previously that the distribution period of the P.T. demo was going to expire on Apr.29th," a representative told us via email. "The reasons were that, P.T. was a playable teaser for a project that was being discussed with Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus. That specific project has now been cancelled. Konami will however continue to develop Silent Hill branded titles."

mkdfan Wrote:
Boo konami!

If you need somebody to talk to: we're here for you, bud.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

05/06/2015 11:03 PM (UTC)
mkdfan Wrote:
Boo konami!

You know I didn't even think about doing this and now I'm kicking myself on the face.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/06/2015 11:14 PM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
You know I didn't even think about doing this and now I'm kicking myself on the face.

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
If you need somebody to talk to: we're here for you, bud.
mkdfan
About Me
05/07/2015 09:52 PM (UTC)
Dayum! They sure hate people don't they.
I hope they go ahead with another Silent Hill game.
IMO Kojima is overrated, They don't need him.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/20/2015 04:58 PM (UTC)
= Wait?! Hideo Kojima secretly told us he was being erased last year?

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this but I didn't play MGS 5 Ground Zeroes DéjÃa Vu missions. In it, there's a task where you have to use a UV light to erase the logos of all Kojima-directed Metal Gear games, and only those. The rest of the MGS canon remains untouched.

As you wipe Kojima's existence from the game you get the following message:

Available conspiracy theories:
- It's all just part of a viral game to scare everybody when Silent Hills ghosts jump out of nowhere.
- Kojima participated in the playable teaser demo because he knew he would not be there to complete the game.
- You are Kojima. You are dead. You can never wake up.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/25/2015 03:57 AM (UTC)
- Silent Hills' Kojima, Del Toro Still Plan to Work on New Project

In an interview with IGN, del Toro said, "I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that’s not going to be [Silent Hills]."

Guillermo del Toro also detailed a bit about what Silent Hills -- though still very early in the development process -- could have been.

"We were in the planning stages, and it’s a shame it’s not going to happen," del Toro said. "We were talking about really pushing the boundaries of the new consoles, and making the game really mess with your head. One of the great moments in Metal Gear [Solid] was Psycho Mantis. The idea that a game can actually interact with you, and stuff like that."
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/04/2015 05:24 AM (UTC)
- PuniTy – The terror of PT meets the grace of the Unity engine

I started this project for a 3D modelling workshop I’m planning to teach in September.

The workshop will focus on teaching the fundamentals of modelling, texturing, animation, and materials, and applying these skills by creating a 3D scene.

Originally I wanted to create an apartment scene for its simplicity, variety, and familiarity, but I wanted something more game-focused as the workshop is being targetted at the Calgary Game Developers. I ended up choosing the PT hallway as it’s an interior scene fairly close to an apartment, and the simplicity, variety, and familiarity still exist. Plus it’s no longer available to download, but I can make it live on in some fashion by doing this.

Pretty good "fan" recreation!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/21/2015 04:25 AM (UTC)
- Silent Hill Slot Machine Trailer

Why make new Silent Hill games when you can put together awesome trailers for slot machines? Wee hee.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

08/21/2015 10:11 AM (UTC)
Because Konami.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/03/2015 07:19 AM (UTC)
- P.T. Easter Egg Discovered in Metal Gear Solid 5

The chilling radio report in Konami's horror experiment P.T. has been discovered in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Inside a tent at the Ngumba Industrial Zone, which is located at the Angola-Zaire Border, a cassette player can be found, which if activated will play the same news report that perpetually looped in P.T.

The radio news announcer's voice--this time not distorted--and the unnerving report of a domestic murder that he reads aloud, was an inescapable feature in P.T., with details of the crime repeated like a chant throughout the game.

Never forget.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/28/2015 09:12 PM (UTC)
- Horror master Junji Ito was involved in canceled ‘Silent Hills’

If you’re still upset about Konami’s cancellation of Silent Hills, the video-game franchise reboot by Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and director Guillermo del Toro, you’ll probably want to brace yourselves for this news: Junji Ito, whom del Toro accurately described as “the undisputed master of horror in Japan,” was also part of the project.

The filmmaker revealed the information Sunday on Twitter, adding, “Kojima and myself are fans.”

Ito himself elaborated, writing, “I’m not well-versed when it comes to video games, and I wasn’t very confident on whether I’d be able to contribute much for such a big title as Silent Hill, but Hideo Kojima and del Toro have nothing but my gratitude for having called me [for this project].”

Weeee!

- P.T. / Silent Hills Concept Movie - TGS 2014 [NSFW]

From the Konami / P.T. Silent Hills Press Conference at TGS 2014, here is another teaser trailer that should have many Silent Hill fans excited about Kojima & Del Toro's upcoming horror game.

Why don't I remember this 2014 concept vid?
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.