Ed Boon teasing...Goro?!
posted09/06/2014 02:30 AM (UTC)by
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

Boon has tossed out two tweets pertaining to everyone's favorite Shokan.

The first says..."Nice Lair" with a picture of NRS' private arcade called...wait for it...Goro's Lair.

The Second says..."Nice Head" linked to a picture of the animatronic Goro head from the first MK movie.

What say you? Teasing things to come? Troll Boon? $9.99?

Get hype!
Jaded-Raven
09/02/2014 11:43 PM (UTC)
Probably the same thing with Rain. He made alot of tweets about Rain for a while, then deconfirmed him. So I wouldn't hope for anything.

A playable Goro would be nice though.
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

09/02/2014 11:47 PM (UTC)
Would love a playable Goro.
Blade4693
09/02/2014 11:56 PM (UTC)
No idea lol I try not to decipher or figure out his tweets too much.

OFF TOPIC AND RANDOM

Goro's lair is one of my favorite MK stages. The music, the skeleton on the wall, the glowing eyes in the back, I used to love that stage so much as a kid lol
Icebaby
09/02/2014 11:59 PM (UTC)
The one thing that I really liked from Armageddon was that they made a really awesome track for Goro's Lair. Wouldn't mind hearing something similar towards that again.

And I dunno, I've kinda fell out of caring for Goro, mainly because they just don't do anything with these Shokan characters. I'd rather him not be in here, and more so try to make Sheeva a likable character.
SpookyScorpion
09/03/2014 12:01 AM (UTC)
lmao Boon is a such troll
I don't mean to be a wet blanket here but isn't that what they call their arcade cabinet area now? And you can't call it Goro's Lair without Goro there.

Is that really a tease?

Also of note is the tenth tweet (or what must be) about Reptile so far. tongue
Jaded-Raven
09/03/2014 12:23 AM (UTC)
Ion3008 Wrote:
And you can't call it Goro's Lair without Goro there.

Then it would just be... 's Lair...

.... badum tish...
f_ckin_Awesome
09/03/2014 12:23 AM (UTC)
I would love for Goro to return and be the sub boss again but I think he'll be a more challenging opponent if they were to give him the movement speed of Ferra/Torr or Bane.
Tazer_Gunshot
09/03/2014 12:26 AM (UTC)
Don't need him or Kintaro in MKX. They need to show Sheeva more love and bring her back in a legit game, like she was in MK3. MK 2011 was just MKT 2.0, with extra characters.
So please NRS, bring back Sheeva or bring in a new female Shokan!
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

09/03/2014 12:28 AM (UTC)
Ion3008 Wrote:
I don't mean to be a wet blanket here but isn't that what they call their arcade cabinet area now? And you can't call it Goro's Lair without Goro there.

Is that really a tease?

Also of note is the tenth tweet (or what must be) about Reptile so far. tongue

I'd agree if he hadn't immediately followed it up with the picture of Goro's head. It could be nothing...or it could be EVERYTHING!

whatever keeps the conversations going.

Oh...and uh...get hype.
Jaded-Raven
09/03/2014 12:29 AM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
Don't need him or Kintaro in MKX. They need to show Sheeva more love and bring her back in a legit game, like she was in MK3. MK 2011 was just MKT 2.0, with extra characters.
So please NRS, bring back Sheeva or bring in a new female Shokan!

Looking more like this:

In my opinion, the most awesome look for Sheeva. She should be a monstrous character, not an attempt at making her a sexy character like they did in MK9... eugh.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

09/03/2014 12:33 AM (UTC)
I wouldn't mind having Goro in this game (most interesting of the 3 Shokan) on the condition that he is playable with three variations of his own mainly based on grabs and wrestling and that he has NO boss status.
RazorsEdge701
09/03/2014 01:10 AM (UTC)
If they're going to treat him the way MK9's story did, then I'd rather X not have him at all.
After all, I got all the "Man, I wish they'd let us play as Goro for once just to know what it feels like" out of my system back in 1998 and again in 2005.
Grimm
About Me

09/03/2014 01:13 AM (UTC)
I think Goro definitely needs to sit this one out, if not the next few MK games out. Sure, he is the original sub boss of MK, but I think MK just needs to move on.

And I must say, I don't think that ever tweet from Boon is meant to be a hint.

With that being said however, I think that Goro will be in the story mode, but I think he will die early on. I think this game might be a way of moving MK forward from here on out, if they choose to make another game after this one.
Grimm
About Me

09/03/2014 01:17 AM (UTC)
I apologize for the double post, but I must also say that contrary to my last statement, due to the pictures of the feet and the one that could possibly be someone with only 2 toes, I find it hard to believe that they will put Sheeva in this game. I think they know that that would be a huge wasted spot. I agree that everyone in MK deserves a second change because everyone could be badass, but MK9 was Sheeva's second chance and she still sucked and I think NRS knows that.
MKshizz
About Me

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.

09/03/2014 01:29 AM (UTC)
I umm.......

I like Goro.......

A lot.
Jaded-Raven
09/03/2014 01:30 AM (UTC)
MKshizz Wrote:
I umm.......

I like Goro.......

A lot.

Yeeeeah, uhm... you should keep that to yourself...

(just kidding. ;P )
KungLaodoesntsuck
09/03/2014 01:32 AM (UTC)
Personally, I think its a bunch of shit. But if people want to believe Ed's twitter holds truth then they can. I just never take it seriously.
mkdfan
About Me
09/03/2014 01:35 AM (UTC)
Oooo I never really though of having Goro being a playable character in MKX. I would bloody love it now that I think of it!
They did say fans would be surprised at some of their choices for the roster and I'd certainly be surprised at Goro being playable.
MKshizz
About Me

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.

09/03/2014 01:35 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Never. I'll scream it from the rooftops if I have to.
Jaded-Raven
09/03/2014 01:36 AM (UTC)
MKshizz Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Never. I'll scream it from the rooftops if I have to.

XD
zerosebaz
09/03/2014 01:44 AM (UTC)
I always found Goro to be boring. The story with the alliance with Kitana after MK4 was nice, but then he went on to be Khan's puppet again. Sheeva on the other hand... Too bad she has no chance :(
SeungjinAngel
09/03/2014 02:17 AM (UTC)
Goro who?
I think sexhy sheva would be a better fit :)

but yeah I hope ed just trolling
ShaolinChuan
09/03/2014 02:22 AM (UTC)
Come to think of it, Goro could fit right in with MKX, I'm gonna jump on this bandwagon and agree that he would be cool to play as. Goro was a real badass in MK1, scary as fuck. You knew you were facing a real boss when you got up to him.

I think they need to take their time and focus on his face structure this time and make him scary again if he should return.
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.