Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/04/2014 11:32 PMStatus ::
Reintroducing Quan Chi - Official Mortal Kombat X Render

Mortal Kombat X is in far Moscow for Igromir 2014! The "gaming world" expo is where PlayStation unveiled the latest returning character in a live press conference trailer [full story]. Quan Chi is back and he's got a bad ass new look you can examine in detail in the official character render:

Click Image to Enlarge in New Window

It's the first major revamp for Quan Chi since 2002's Deadly Alliance stripped the armored sorcerer down to his pasty, tattooed skin. Those markings signified key story developments for the character - and this new look in Mortal Kombat X already has us speculating along similar lines!

His skull laden boots check off one of six mystery characters - but the deathly motif continues onto his torso in a way that seems more than mere aesthetics! There's clearly a real skull strapped into his gear! This poses questions about whose skull it is and why he's keeping it so close to the chest!

Could this be an occult ritual designed to enhance Quan Chi's powers with those of another? Is it something to do with the deceased Shao Kahn or the Emperor's skull-faced helmet? Is it the remains of Quan Chi's infernal master Shinnok, signifying his ultimate betrayal? Could those covered eyes suggest Delia - the seer wife of Argus who once foresaw Armageddon? With The Dragon King's amulet nowhere in sight - could this be the remains of Onaga himself? It glows in the Warlock variation - and is joined by two skeletal hands, bound to Quan Chi's back.

What ever the reason for Quan Chi's choice of attire - Mortal Kombat Online is brimming with enthusiasm for the new look! The bladed collar and its subtle references to his original design are a welcome change. We like the through line of the visible tattoos and weedy villain beneath, toning down the bulkiness of his original armor.

Straps and buckles are emerging as the fashion fad of MKX, but they look appropriate on Quan Chi - particularly when lit to contrast against his alabaster skin! He looks particularly fantastic on the character select screen (seen in the new trailer), where the blacks and whites are really sharp! Character Variation colors and special move effects round it all out very well!

Quan Chi as he appears in Mortal Kombat 4.

For more Quan Chi details and info be sure to watch the full trailer! Follow related stories links for more news, resources and features! Register to share your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

Metalhead666Posted: 10/05/2014 12:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::127
Nationality::United States
RE: Reintroducing Quan Chi - Official Mortal Kombat X Render

Awesome read! Quan Chi is looking amazing this time around. Dat warlock variation, dat xray and fatality! Damn!

PSN: DEATH_RATTLEAD Skype user name: metaldrummer4
BADASS6669Posted: 10/05/2014 12:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::5695

Best reveal so far!!!! Everything about him is Badass Both of his Intro's I'm a huge fan of his Warlock Variation His X-Ray fits him. His Fatality is the 2nd best in the game IMO (Scorpion #1) My idea for his 2nd Fatality Quan Chi pushes his opponent into a portal teleporting them to the Netherelm (Hell) they land on there back. He then Summons the Hell Beast he rides in his P1 Intro. It rares up and stomps on his opponents head. There will be a pop and a sloshing sound. What do you think?

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
Blade4693Posted: 10/05/2014 12:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252

I may be wrong, so don't quote me on this one, but last time I watched the reveal trailer, I think I saw Quan chi launch a green projectile from his chest area, possibly from the skull?

Jaded-RavenPosted: 10/05/2014 12:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Blade4693 Wrote:
I may be wrong, so don't quote me on this one, but last time I watched the reveal trailer, I think I saw Quan chi launch a green projectile from his chest area, possibly from the skull?

During the Warlock Variation, he can make the opponent fall from a portal above, and then he shoots something out of his chest at the falling opponent. ^^

Blade4693Posted: 10/05/2014 01:00 AMStatus ::

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

During the Warlock Variation, he can make the opponent fall from a portal above, and then he shoots something out of his chest at the falling opponent. ^^

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure lol

Anyway, do you have any theories concerning that? I want to say that blast or whatever it is came from the skull, but that's mostly speculation on my part lol

Jaded-RavenPosted: 10/05/2014 01:10 AMStatus ::

Blade4693 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure lol

Anyway, do you have any theories concerning that? I want to say that blast or whatever it is came from the skull, but that's mostly speculation on my part lol

Well, I don't know if it is a seperate move or if it is part of the whole portal move. Either way, it reminds me of how Cyrax activates his X-Ray in MK9.

IcebabyPosted: 10/05/2014 01:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::11647

I tried pausing the video during that moment but I can't get a good picture of it. It's green and purple that's all I can tell.

Most likely a skull just being burst out.

MINIONPosted: 10/05/2014 06:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

a lot better!

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
Quanchi9Posted: 10/06/2014 12:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::1974
Nationality::Scotland

The skull is nothing but design.

Shao Kahn has a skull on his chest in his design, I guess that must be someone too. No, it's a fucking skull and nothing special.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 10/06/2014 01:02 AMStatus ::

Quanchi9 Wrote:
The skull is nothing but design.

Shao Kahn has a skull on his chest in his design, I guess that must be someone too. No, it's a fucking skull and nothing special.

Actually, Quan Chi shoots some energy out of the skull on his chest during a move in the Warlock Variation. So it's not just for design.

ZombiePosted: 10/06/2014 03:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::734

there are skulls everywhere in mk, from mk1 all the way to mkx , I think its just part of his costume, we are looking way to deep into this, just my opinion

Photobucket
immortalkombatPosted: 10/08/2014 08:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::9230
Nationality::Australia

Is there a Scorpion render like this one?

I have them all except this scorpion

RedSumacPosted: 10/08/2014 11:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::2302
Nationality::Russia

immortalkombat Wrote:
Is there a Scorpion render like this one?

I have them all except this scorpion

Not exactly, but Scorpion had few renders released during anounce of the game at E3. Amongst them was versus-like render.

ShadalooPosted: 10/08/2014 11:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

It is just really great to see him wearing something apart from the frigging Deadly Alliance outfit. Was so damn sick of it, he's had it so long.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
Jaded-RavenPosted: 10/08/2014 12:08 PMStatus ::

Shadaloo Wrote:
It is just really great to see him wearing something apart from the frigging Deadly Alliance outfit. Was so damn sick of it, he's had it so long.

I'm just glad that NRS actually bothers to update the outfits and come up with new ones for the characters. I'm a Street Fighter fan, but seeing all the characters wear the same outfit in every game... it gets REALLY dull.

Blade4693Posted: 10/08/2014 01:26 PMStatus ::

Shadaloo Wrote:

Same here, I never liked that look anyway, I preferred his MK4 costume. So im glad he has a different outfit this time around.

oraclePosted: 10/08/2014 04:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::9368

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Shadaloo Wrote:

I'm just glad that NRS actually bothers to update the outfits and come up with new ones for the characters. I'm a Street Fighter fan, but seeing all the characters wear the same outfit in every game... it gets REALLY dull.
I appreciate it too but sometimes they can be a bit hit or miss. Like this Quan Chi look for instance.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ChromePosted: 10/08/2014 04:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::15999
Nationality::Hungary

So far this is the best. Even if it has some really lame blades that really should not be there.

Dude looks like the unholy mixture of the Crow and Stryfe.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
HELLSCORPION2Posted: 10/12/2014 07:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::2850

I think it's Quan Chi's mother or father...if he isn't some eternal immortal humanoid....or Shang Tsung's skull, sort of like the penultimate 'fuck you, Shang'.

Quanchi9Posted: 10/17/2014 04:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1974
Nationality::Scotland

I have a new theroy, instead being a smartass, I'm going to actually look into this further.

I think it's not Shao Kahn himself, but his helmet.

Remember in the end of MK9, when Quan Chi picked up Shao Kahn's helmet? That's what I think the chest accessory is. Either Quan Chi made Shao Kahn's helmet powerful and made it so it can shoot a projectile, or...

You know Shao Kahn's fireball attack or whatever it is? He shoots a green fireball somewhere from his head. Quan Chi can shoot a projectile from the skull on his chest. Now, you might say "But Shao Kahn shoots a fireball! Not a skull!", I think Quan Chi probably made it so it can shoot green flaming skulls, considering his regular skull projectile from his hand, obviously, he could just so easily change the design of the fireball to a flaming skull with his sorcery.

That's my theroy, anyway.

Immortal_KanjiPosted: 10/17/2014 04:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::7992
Nationality::Canada

Wonder if there'll be a chance Quan Chi will finally die.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 10/17/2014 05:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::6174

Immortal_Kanji Wrote:
Wonder if there'll be a chance Quan Chi will finally die.

Ha. Quan Chi will never go anywhere.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.