Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/21/2014 11:56 PMStatus ::
Marcus Fenix Was Considered for Mortal Kombat Guest Spot

The phenomenon of guest characters in fighting games won't be dissipating any time soon. 2015's Mortal Kombat X is already slated for a fresh batch of franchise intruders -- big business, based on the monetary success of Freddy Kreuger (Mortal Kombat) and Scorpion (Injustice: Gods Among Us) downloadable content.

In spite of fan controversies; the intrinsic intrigue of popular characters in places they wouldn't ordinarily belong has proved a powerful draw. While speculation runs rife for the next wave of Kombat challengers -- revelations of past possibilities remain a hot topic of fresh relevance! Cult support has built around 2011 near-miss Sweet Tooth, while the willingness of Spawn creator Todd McFarlane has inspired its own following.

Imaginative fans can now add Marcus Fenix of the Gears of War series to the list - revealed today as another crossover considered for 2011's Mortal Kombat reboot!

Marcus Fenix in promotional art for Gears of War 2.

Marcus Fenix is [one of the potential] Microsoft exclusive characters that never was.

Introduced in 2006's Gears of War; Fenix has been a mascot for the massively popular Xbox shooter series -- emerging as a poster child for the generation's fascination with the genre, and its propensity for burly, burdened archetypes.

Fans of Mortal Kombat (2011) will know Sony ultimately secured an exclusive deal to include God of War's Kratos as a PlayStation 3 bonus.

Speaking at Gamescom 2014; Creative Director Ed Boon confirmed the likelihood of one or more console exclusives for Mortal Kombat X [full story]. It remains to be seen if the continued relationship with Sony limits any exclusivity to PlayStation 4 editions.

Would you like to have seen Marcus Fenix adapt to the fighting genre? Which Kombatant would he best match-up with? Register to share your thoughts and fantasy fights on the forum! Dazzled your friends by liking & sharing this story via @MK_Online & Facebook!

JasonVPredPosted: 10/22/2014 12:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::904
RE: Marcus Fenix Was Considered for Mortal Kombat Guest Spot

Well it is a choice I can live with and I will leave it at that.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
MacyG88Posted: 10/22/2014 12:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::2465
Nationality::Australia

Damn. I love the Gears of War franchise. Will MKX will be the one that Marcus make a playable appearance in my favourite fighting franchise? As the big man would say:

"I'm ready to kick some ass."

DarknessGoukiPosted: 10/22/2014 03:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::557
Nationality::United States

I don't care about Gears of War so much. So I don't have an attachment to the character. But, the character would be a good fit in MK with the chainsaw gun and all.

On the flip side, I bet Epic would have let Marcus there sell the fatalities, unlike Kratos who stands stoic and doesn't even scream when fatalities are done to him. Sure, you want Kratos to be a badass. I get it. But you gotta fit the universe. Stupid Sony.

If we get guest characters in MK X, and I'm sure we will based on sales of guest characters in recent games, I hope it's a character that fits with the game the way Freddy Kreuger (although super unexpected as it was) did. Freddy was hated by some, but his horror movie icon status, and the fact that he actually reacted when you would do a fatality on him made him perfect to me.

GT:GOUKI187
BADASS6669Posted: 10/22/2014 09:27 AMStatus ::

Visits::5695

I just hope it's far and both systems get a character

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
DG1OAPosted: 10/22/2014 10:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::5273

I'd love to kill Marcus Fenix, but I don't have any x-box consoles, so I wouldn't get to do that even if he did make a guest appearance.

Also, if we ever did get him as a guest, all of Marcus' soldiers should be included as his alts.

UltimateRyuPosted: 10/22/2014 06:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::4493

Long time ago I created a concept fake of Marcus in MK8. Instead we got MK vs DC :( Check it out here:

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=103812

[Killswitch]Posted: 10/25/2014 09:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::19211

I would have loved to see Marcus in MK. His stage would have been cool too if they thought of using Jacinto or somewhere deep in The Hollow. General RAAM would have been another interesting choice with him beating Kahn in that Gamespot tournament back in 201(0?). One of them would have been cool to see and I hope Marcus or RAAM can throw down as the Xbone guest in MKX.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.