Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 11/24/2014 04:42 PMStatus ::
DC Comics February Solicitations: Mortal Kombat X #2-#3

DC Comics' digital-first Mortal Kombat X series hasn't even begun publication yet - but it's already been bumped to a twice-monthly publishing schedule, starting February!

Solicitations for DC's Beyond The New 52 block reveals print versions of the 2015 series will begin the increased schedule with issues #2 & #3. This follows the strategy of NetherRealm game tie-in Injustice: Gods Among us -- an alternate DC Universe series that instantly established new benchmarks for digital-first publications!

MORTAL KOMBAT X #2-3
Written by SHAWN KITTELSEN
Issue #2 art by DEXTER SOY
Issue #3 art by IGOR VITORINO
Covers by IVAN REIS
#2 on sale FEBRUARY 11
#3 on sale FEBRUARY 25
40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • DIGITAL FIRST
Now shipping twice monthly! In issue #2, Scorpion and his newest companion set off in deadly pursuit of Raiden! Meanwhile, as the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage thinks she’s seen it all. But when she finds herself in an illegal MMA deathmatch, Cassie must decide if she’s ready for her first taste of Mortal Kombat!
Then, in issue #3, as the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR THREE #9
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art by BRUNO REDONDO, MIKE S. MILLER and others
Cover by NEIL GOOGE
On sale FEBRUARY 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
The new Deadman tracks down The Spectre but makes a shocking discovery. Meanwhile, Trigon launches an attack on Superman, and not even the power of Wonder Woman is enough to help. Plus, the identity of Superman’s secret protector is revealed. DC Comics February 2015 solicitations

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR THREE #10
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art by BRUNO REDONDO, MIKE S. MILLER and others
Cover by NEIL GOOGE
On sale FEBRUARY 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
A world-shattering magical battle is under way, involving some of the most powerful beings in the universe. Batman, Constantine and the Birds of Prey launch a full out assault on Swamp Thing and his allies. And Batman has a final good-bye with the last person he’d expect

As teased during New York Comic Con: MKX newcomers Cassie Cage and Kotal Kahn look set to share the spotlight with veteran legends, like: Scorpion and Goro!

Likewise, writer Shawn Kittelsen's promise to utilize MK's extensive back canon will clearly come to the fore quickly. Solicitations name check The Kamidogu - cosmic items of power introduced during 2004's Mortal Kombat: Deception. Could this foreshadow the presence of kamidogu gatherer Shujinko, or his hidden master: The Dragon King?

At 40 pages each issue - MKX promises a whole lot of action ahead of the April 2015 release of the game! Fans eager to get ahead of the print run can look forward to co-published digital chapters starting January. For more info, check out the original announcement and January solicitations.

What happens when Cassie Cage faces off against Kotal Kahn? Register to follow and discuss new info on the Mortal Kombat X forum. Follow the comics and other merchandise exclusively by visiting the Media & Merchandise forum!

ShinomunePosted: 11/17/2014 02:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::8727
Nationality::Spain
MORTAL KOMBAT X #2-3 (February solicits)

MORTAL KOMBAT X #2-3
Written by SHAWN KITTELSEN
Issue #2 art by DEXTER SOY
Issue #3 art by IGOR VITORINO
Covers by IVAN REIS
#2 on sale FEBRUARY 11
#3 on sale FEBRUARY 25
40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • DIGITAL FIRST
Now shipping twice monthly! In issue #2, Scorpion and his newest companion set off in deadly pursuit of Raiden! Meanwhile, as the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage thinks she’s seen it all. But when she finds herself in an illegal MMA deathmatch, Cassie must decide if she’s ready for her first taste of Mortal Kombat!
Then, in issue #3, as the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!

Source

Dragon Points:
BADASS6669Posted: 11/17/2014 02:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695
Nationality::United States
RE: MORTAL KOMBAT X #2-3 (February solicits)

Can't wait looks awesome. I wonder if the Kolectors Edition will come with the first 4 similar to Injustice.

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
ReptzMKPosted: 11/17/2014 03:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::34

Hot damn!

Can't wait for the new year to roll around.

Interesting that the Kamidogu will play a role again, however minor or major. Also, who is Scorpion's new ally, and why are they hunting the God of Thunder? Hmm...

Cassie's deathmatch fight should fun and shed some light on her personality.

Overall, looks like 2015 is going to be one hell of a year.

StahlgeistPosted: 11/17/2014 03:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::1353
Nationality::Canada

The author of these comics is a complete tease, looking at the interview with him from last month:

[url]http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/nycc-mortal-kombat-x-comic-writer-teases-plot-characters[/url]

The implications of the issue summary are interesting though. The idea that Scorpion and someone else are in pursuit of Raiden makes me wonder whether someone put a "hit" out on the Thunder God or something.

The mention of Scorpion having an ally is fascinating to. He might be allied with one of the fallen kombatants who died as a result of Raiden's actions - Scorpion's connections to the Netherrealm could have resulted in him meeting and interacting with the Revenants. Possibly Sub-Zero?

RazorsEdge701Posted: 11/17/2014 03:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

I suspect Scorpion's "new companion" refers to the Shirai Ryu guy we saw concept art of. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy wasn't part of a flashback and he's actually rebuilding the clan.

Definitely excited to hear that the Kamidogus are part of the plot though...provided the way they use them makes sense since Shujinko had already found 4 out of 6 before Raiden even started dicking with history.

DjangoDragPosted: 11/17/2014 03:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::1580

Looks like it could be possible that Kotal kills off Shujinko since he's going after the Kamidogu. The plot thickens...

Also, I'm glad Goro is stepping up to claim Outworld's throne. Goro Kahn, ftw!

irishdude733Posted: 11/17/2014 03:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::1592

civil war in outworld?? ah man this sounds amazing. can't wait to get more info.

thisiscouragePosted: 11/17/2014 03:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::1474

Was issue #1 already given a release date?

DervisPosted: 11/17/2014 04:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::991

When I read that Scorpion had an ally, I was thought to myself....

...could this be the "Fire and Ice" thing that never materialized? Would Bi Han Kuai Liang be the ally: But then again, why would they team up against Raiden? They both have a common enemy in Quan Chi, but why the thunder god?

This is just me thinking aloud. Its probably some Nether Realm demon we haven't met yet or something. Still...can't wait for these to be released!

Demon_0Posted: 11/17/2014 04:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::4663
Nationality::Afghanistan

SZ could refer to Scorpion and his new ally when he says "fear their powers, Raiden". This bit of news makes things a whole lot interesting. Glad to hear the Kamidogu's are back and actually being USED in ways to gain power. Bring on the comics!

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
krajaxPosted: 11/17/2014 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::3050

Scorpion and Chris Tucker ninja (not confirmed) goes after the God of Blunder...I LOVE IT!

ShujinkoXPosted: 11/17/2014 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::28

Scorpion's ally will be Liu Kang.

We know Liu will be going after Raiden due to what happened in MK 2011. Maybe, Scorpion is the insurance policy?

Just a random thought.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 11/17/2014 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::10136

FINALLY! Some real hints/insight into what's going on in the MK world. Really liking what I'm hearing so far and I'm glad Raiden isn't seemingly going to get away scot-free for his major mishandling of the situation in MK9. I'm happy atleast someone is going for his head.

And Kotal's info sounds great too, Kamidogu reference is bliss.

subzertPosted: 11/17/2014 05:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::2022

Looks like Scorpion is gonna have a substantial role in the plot this time. He has also been put on the totally uninspiring box art for MK ever.

BenetnaschPosted: 11/17/2014 05:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::1915
Nationality::Argentina

Outworld's civil war? Outworld's champion? Well, where the fuck is the absolutely necessary Mileena reveal?

Join the Mileena army on FB!
DenizenPosted: 11/17/2014 05:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::920
Nationality::Chile

Scorpion should still be one of Quan Chi's lackeys, if that's the case, his companion must be another denizen of the Netherrealm, the thunder god is an obvious target since without its protector Earthrealm is most likely doomed. Also, as most suspected, Outworld is having a power struggle, Kotal seems to be in power for the moment, fighting off different factions, at least the shokan oppose him, which means he's not as strong nor menacing as his predecessor to unify Outworld by force yet. I wonder what's the position of other races like the Tarkata and Centaurs or even Reptile.

fijikungfuPosted: 11/17/2014 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::5080

Cool. Did the first MKX issue already release yet?

-Courtesy of TheCypher-
nightbreed_16Posted: 11/17/2014 06:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::259

I am not much of a comic book fan but this looks amazing to me.

I will rock you.
Ion3008Posted: 11/17/2014 06:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

Fingers crossed Cassie Cage comes across Kobra in that MMA Deathmatch and kills him.

Equally awesome: a Steve Blackman cameo.

MK-NoobPosted: 11/17/2014 06:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::601
Nationality::Argentina

Denizen Wrote:
Scorpion should still be one of Quan Chi's lackeys, if that's the case, his companion must be another denizen of the Netherrealm, the thunder god is an obvious target since without its protector Earthrealm is most likely doomed.

Also, as most suspected, Outworld is having a power struggle, Kotal seems to be in power for the moment, fighting off different factions, at least the shokan oppose him, which means he's not as strong nor menacing as his predecessor to unify Outworld by force yet. I wonder what's the position of other races like the Tarkata and Centaurs or even Reptile.

I wouldn't expect to see much from the Centaurs after what happened to Motaro.

We share blood, we are not brothers
redmanPosted: 11/17/2014 06:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::4717

The Goro vs Kahn fight (hopefully) will be hype as fuck. Honestly, this series is sounding great so far.

DetoxPosted: 11/17/2014 06:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::4248

Wow, I like what I'm hearing.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
KenshiMaster16Posted: 11/17/2014 07:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::10136

Ion3008 Wrote:
Fingers crossed Cassie Cage comes across Kobra in that MMA Deathmatch and kills him.
'

LOL Hilarious.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 11/17/2014 07:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Must...get...comics...

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Page of 3

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.