Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]
  • July 18th, 2018
    Lost Kontent: Tobias Shares MKvDC Comic Art & MK4 Reptile [Read On]
  • July 17th, 2018
    John Tobias to Feature on Comic-Con Digitized Graphics Panel [Read On]
  • July 15th, 2018
    Ed Boon Avatar Change Sparks MK/DC Fan Speculation [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    James Wan & Ed Boon Rebuff False Movie Reports [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Round 3: FIGHT!
Raiden (60.5%)
Cyrax (39.4%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/06/2015 12:43 AMStatus ::
LA Times Hero Complex Preview Mortal Kombat Digital #1

The LA Times has unleashed the first look at tomorrow's digital release of Mortal Kombat X Part 1! [Note: On sale digitally via DC Entertainment]

The preview comes with a fresh Q&A with writer Shawn Kittelsen, who's promising all the right things for his prequel tie-in to the upcoming video game. What does that all amount to? The surprise feature of hotly speculated blind swordsman Kenshi, and the Deadly Alliance era Red Dragon villain: Hsu Hao! Check out the preview images via Hero Complex:

The preview flips the script on Hsu Hao's infamous 2002 introduction as a Red Dragon double-agent embedded within the Outerworld Investigation Agency (Special Forces). It will remain to be seen if Kenshi is the one working deep under cover -- a fair assumption based on the preview. Kenshi was briefly an agent of the OIA in Deadly Alliance.

Does this guarantee playable appearances for all characters concerned? Kittelsen says no, and it's little surprise. The tie-in comics will aim higher than loosely inspired adaptations, taking advantage of a revamped Mortal Kombat X cast to play with feature characters, and discarded fallen stars.

HC: Will the comic primarily focus on new characters? And do you have a favorite among those new faces?

SK: The new characters will play a big part in the comic, but it’s definitely an ensemble piece. You’ll see a mix of old and new. You’ll even see characters appear in the comic that won’t appear in the game at all. We’ve got to keep readers guessing about what’s coming next.

Of the characters that have been revealed, Kotal Kahn and Cassie Cage are my favorites. Kotal because he’s insanely cool looking, brand new, and the Tony Soprano of Outworld. Cassie because she’s the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade and she’s trying to figure out what that means. She wants to forge her own identity, but that’s not easy when one of your parents is a hammy C-list actor and the other is a strict military officer. That story of her self-definition is relatable to anyone who’s been a teenager. And then there are the characters we can’t talk about yet…

Dexter Soy pencils the series, with cover art by superstar artist Ivan Reis (Blackest Night). Check out January solicitations for more.

Mortal Kombat Online will be following the digital release with interest. Fans can get the jump on MK's return to comic books by registering to post in the Media & Merchandise forum! Mortal Kombat X is the DC Comics tie-in to the game, coming to home consoles April 14!

BlackpriestPosted: 01/05/2015 12:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::22
Nationality::South Africa
Shawn Kittelsen teases comic book No1

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games/mortal-kombat-x-writer-shawn-kittelsen-teases-dc-prequel-comic-book/#/0

With Kenshi and Hsu Hao

Dragon Points:
Omegali2422Posted: 01/05/2015 12:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::316
Nationality::Greece
RE: Shawn Kittelsen teases comic book No1

Kenshi "betraying" the Red Dragon? Interesting.

LOL Hsu Hao

Blade4693Posted: 01/05/2015 12:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252
Nationality::United States

Lmao Hsu Hao is going to be killed off very early, excellent.

He said they could do what they want as long as its true to the game, so Hsu Hao's mention of Deagon interests me.

Looks like Scorpion gets a kill in pretty earley too, unless that spear is from somebody else.

BlackpriestPosted: 01/05/2015 12:48 PMStatus ::

Is the Kid Kenshi's son?

JAX007Posted: 01/05/2015 12:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

Looks like #1 is out tomorrow?

BlackpriestPosted: 01/05/2015 12:57 PMStatus ::

The first print issue of the comic will be available on Jan. 14, and each print issue will collect three digital chapters.

BorshayPosted: 01/05/2015 01:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::1347

Looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to read it!

~Zol~Posted: 01/05/2015 01:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::2864

Very cool. Looks like the Red Dragon character previewed before is just the design for the grunts. Even from just 1 page, Hsu Hao seems ten times cooler than he did in Deadly Alliance.

Sindel798Posted: 01/05/2015 01:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::1539

~Zol~ Wrote:
Very cool. Looks like the Red Dragon character previewed before is just the design for the grunts. Even from just 1 page, Hsu Hao seems ten times cooler than he did in Deadly Alliance.

Yeah lol. I honestly think Hsu Hao looks pretty cool.

ShinomunePosted: 01/05/2015 01:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::8727
Nationality::Spain

JAX007 Wrote:
Looks like #1 is out tomorrow?

Yep.

Will be the boy Takeda?

ShadalooPosted: 01/05/2015 01:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067

I do hope "Many years ago" is still taking into account where Kenshi got his powers from, his origin, souls of his ancestors, etc. Seems so. Off to a good start.

Also, Red Dragon? Betrayal? Wha?

Hsu Hao does look pretty psycho. Neat.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
SockiePosted: 01/05/2015 01:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::3146

Shadaloo Wrote:
I do hope "Many years ago" is still taking into account where Kenshi got his powers from, his origin, souls of his ancestors, etc.

I don't think this possibly taking place before MK1 contradicts Kenshi's origin at all. Shang Tsung's tricking him definitely took place before.

mattteoPosted: 01/05/2015 01:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::307
Nationality::Sicily

DAEGON COMMANDS IT!!!

Sindel798Posted: 01/05/2015 02:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1539

I bet this takes place right after MK9. Wasnt Kenshi in the tournament? Shang Tsung said Kenshi vs Reiko in a cutscene but we never saw it. I wonder if thats canon.

ShadalooPosted: 01/05/2015 02:08 PMStatus ::

Can't think of a real reason for Kenshi to infiltrate the Red Dragon unless he was using them to search for Shang, or was already part of the Special Forces at this time.

Guess it depends when the current setting is. "Many years ago" really could be at the end of MK9 for all we know.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 01/05/2015 02:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::6177

He-haw, more lame ass Hsu Hao jokes. Why oh why does this fandom have it out so badly for that character? Damn.

Anyway, Hsu looks awesome, too bad he'll never get a second chance since NRS and their merry band of brainwashed hating fanboys are determined into making him the MK virtual punching bag.

Kenshi looks like Kenshi, nothing amazing there.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
Blade4693Posted: 01/05/2015 02:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Sindel798 Wrote:
I bet this takes place right after MK9. Wasnt Kenshi in the tournament? Shang Tsung said Kenshi vs Reiko in a cutscene but we never saw it. I wonder if thats canon.

Id say anything that happened in the story mode is canon unless/until stated otherwise, if the story mode isn't canon then idk what the hell is lol

CasselmanPosted: 01/05/2015 02:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::8486

Since just about every person who is going to read these comics will see this thread, let me take this opportunity to say something.

PLEASE, NO THREAD TITLES WITH SPOILERS!!!

I am one of the few actually waiting to read them all at once, pre-release. Now that I think about it, I might just call MKO quits until release, considering the common spoilers in thread titles.

photo Casselman-4_zpsurigoehb.gif
Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
ChromePosted: 01/05/2015 02:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::16005
Nationality::Hungary

awesome.

Hsu Hao represent. I hope he offs Kenshi. That would make my fucking day.

So from what i gather if this is on the same timeline continuity than MK9, then Quan Chi did not do his job properly of eliminating the clan due to reasons.

I guess this is simultaneous to the MK9 end, because if takeda grows up to be the grey shirai-ryu it would conincide with Cassie Cage.

Also. Kenshi ex-red dragon?

it MAY be possible but I HIGHLY DOUBT such FORETHOUGHT that perhaps Raiden's message did not go back to the original timeline but arrived in a separate existing continuity.

This would mean that Raiden not only lost the original game series' continuity but essentially fucked a separate continuity over by setting up himself to be a bumbling idiot.

Though he was one already: He must win/ Kahn must win. Same amount of syllables.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
MK176Posted: 01/05/2015 02:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::16116

If that boy becomes a significant character, I could see him be a playable character for MKX. Since this is a prequel comic, we might see him grow up and become something. Just makes me wonder exactly what his role would be if that were to be the case.

Also, nice to see Kenshi. If his storyline here takes place right after MK9 and he's playable, he might be one of the older version Earthrealm warriors potentially. Also excited to see his role in story. Then of course it's interesting to see this whole Red Dragon stuff come along with Hsu Hao and Daegon being mentioned. Definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the comic. Especially since, the boy seems to be rescued by Scorpion.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/05/2015 02:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::10251

KENSHI!!!!!

God, I can't wait for this and I have the same questions as pretty much everyone else. I have a feeling even if MKX's story mode turns out to be complete shit, this comic series will more than make up for it.

ChromePosted: 01/05/2015 02:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::16005
Nationality::Hungary

Wait a second.... take a look at hsu Hao's body in the panel where he shoots his chest laser at the sword.

That anatomy of the muscles is either pretty poorly drawn, or Hsu Hao is pretty well made of armor plates.....

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
ShadalooPosted: 01/05/2015 02:53 PMStatus ::

It's just the art style. Very angular.

SlickRick82Posted: 01/05/2015 02:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::2530
Nationality::England

Oh wow, totally forgot this is out tomorrow!

"My iPad is ready...!"

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud
Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.