Kung Jin theory
posted01/09/2015 08:21 PM (UTC)by
elson
Since We've got some leak info yesterday regarding some new characters from the casting call, although it is not confirmed, but it is quite interesting to speculate, especially Kung Jin the cousin of Kung Lao, the main topic I'm gonna discuss is " is The old man that revealed last week really is Kung Lao? Or it is the new Kung Jin? Because from Shawn kittelsen latest interview, he did stated that the one dead stay dead in MK Universe, please share your thoughts guys!!!
Sockie
01/09/2015 01:27 AM (UTC)
He only said they stay dead "most of the time", and Vogel's dismissed death being permanent in MK in the past. Kittelsen was even just talking on twitter about not ruling out an appearance by Kitana.
Lokheit
01/09/2015 01:30 AM (UTC)
Yeah they even stated that Quan Chi is their tool to bring back the dead characters.

The old man is clearly the Kung Lao we know IMHO, the legendary Kung Lao didn't use the hat tricks and was more in the lines of Liu Kang when it came to fighting techniques IIRC.

I think this kid simply will be treated as the next generation Liu Kang, with some of the legendary Kung Lao blood running through his veins, and spicing it to some of that thief background plus Boraicho's training tempering his skills.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

01/09/2015 01:32 AM (UTC)
Fake info is fake
Sockie
01/09/2015 01:37 AM (UTC)
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
Fake info is fake

The casting call? It's not fake because from what I've seen, Actors Access doesn't just let anyone put up stuff like Wikipedia or IMDB or the like. They actually have an agency that works with casting directors in finding people and puts up the info.
RedSumac
01/09/2015 02:56 AM (UTC)
Kung Jin is the new Kung Lao.
Most likely.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

01/09/2015 03:06 AM (UTC)
Sockie Wrote:
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
Fake info is fake

The casting call? It's not fake because from what I've seen, Actors Access doesn't just let anyone put up stuff like Wikipedia or IMDB or the like. They actually have an agency that works with casting directors in finding people and puts up the info.

Anyone can contribute to those sites...
Cages_Shades
About Me
Props to MINION
01/09/2015 03:09 AM (UTC)
RedSumac Wrote:
Most likely.

Kung Lao has already been revealed to be in MKX

and the "casting call" is fake info, u guys got trolled
Sockie
01/09/2015 03:24 AM (UTC)
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
Sockie Wrote:
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
Fake info is fake

To Wikipedia and IMDB, yes. To Actors Access, no. I said it's specifically unlike those sites in that regard. I made an account and did some looking around, you can't just put up a casting call on there, you have to talk to the agency and stuff first. Warner's even used the site for shows like the Flash and Arrow.

Cages_Shades Wrote:
RedSumac Wrote:
Most likely.

Kung Lao has already been revealed to be in MKX

and the "casting call" is fake info, u guys got trolled

Where's the proof? The site actually talks to the casting directors before they put up anything, and as I just said, Warner Studios has used it before.
FerraTorr
About Me

Props to MINION for making this sig.

01/09/2015 03:25 AM (UTC)
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
Sockie Wrote:
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
Fake info is fake

Joe, it's like you didn't actually read his reply to you.
Lokheit
01/09/2015 03:35 AM (UTC)
RedSumac Wrote:
Most likely.

IMO he sounds more like the new Liu Kang and will fight closer to what Liu Kang used to than Kung Lao (hat tricks and spins), with Kung Lao and Boraicho as mentors.
daryui
About Me
01/09/2015 03:54 AM (UTC)
I wonder if bo Rai Cho teaches Kung Jin his own Flying Kick.
JAX007
About Me

01/09/2015 04:36 AM (UTC)
Jin is said to be in his mid twenties, he's probably part of the new generation of heroes born post MK9 like Cassie.

So no, I don't think old Kung Lao is this character.
jimmykricket
About Me

J A X + J A C Q U I
PSN: JimmyxKricket
JxK

01/09/2015 11:55 AM (UTC)
JAX007 Wrote:
Jin is said to be in his mid twenties, he's probably part of the new generation of heroes born post MK9 like Cassie.

As Jax said above, Kung Jin is in his mid-20s. Same age as Takeda and most likely - Cassie.

Kung Lao, who was revealed the other day, looks to be at least in his 50s.

These characters are not one in the same, nor is either character a "skin" of the other.

Jin + Lao = 2 separate characters like Takeda and Kenshi.
If this thing is real and happens that Kung Jin (Jin is my nickname <33) is in fact in the game I think he might be boot #3.
Sindel798
01/09/2015 12:24 PM (UTC)
Li Mei better be int the game still with kung Jin being there. I want Bo Rai Cho to train her too.
FerraTorr
About Me

01/09/2015 06:37 PM (UTC)
JINNOCIDE Wrote:
If this thing is real and happens that Kung Jin (Jin is my nickname <33) is in fact in the game I think he might be boot #3.

I think boot 3 is either him or Liu Kang, yeah.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/09/2015 06:44 PM (UTC)
FerraTorr Wrote:
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

NO!

It's Fujin, damn it.
FerraTorr
About Me

01/09/2015 06:47 PM (UTC)
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
FerraTorr Wrote:
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

NO!

It's Fujin, damn it.

Hmmm. I guess that is a possibility, too. wink
TheZombie
01/09/2015 06:55 PM (UTC)
JAX007 Wrote:

Actually it can be Jin, but unlikely. On another MK forum someone made a theory that Jin falls into water in Chaosrealm, and becomes old. As I said, possible but unlikely...
KungLaodoesntsuck
01/09/2015 06:59 PM (UTC)
It's Fujin, damn it.

I think there's a good chance it's Kung Jin, given how monk like those shoes are. But the thing around the ankle strongly resembles what Fujin had in Armageddon. So I still say it is Fujin.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/09/2015 07:07 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
It's Fujin, damn it.

I think there's a good chance it's Kung Jin, given how monk like those shoes are. But the thing around the ankle strongly resembles what Fujin had in Armageddon. So I still say it is Fujin.

Yup and Boon said it's a mix of old and new. But I just really want it to be Fujin.
Chrome Wrote:
I was waiting for it!
Chrome
About Me

01/09/2015 07:21 PM (UTC)
FerraTorr
About Me

01/09/2015 08:21 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:

That thing you did there...I see it.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.