Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (80%)
MK Action-Adventure (10%)
MK HD Re-release (2.8%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.8%)
MK Special Forces (2.8%)
Other (1.4%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • March 31st, 2018
    Confirmed Ready Player One MK Cameos [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2018
    Mortal Kombat Coming to Netflix [Read On]
  • February 28th, 2018
    Best Buy Lists Injustice 2 Legendary Edition [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/16/2015 08:38 AMStatus ::
EXCLUSIVE: Mortal Kombat X #5 Cover Preview & Solicitation

Mortal Kombat X explodes onto home consoles this April, but before it does, you'll want to pick up Issue #5 of the top selling comic book tie-in series! Thanks to DC Comics, we're excited to present the exclusive first look at April's cover by Stephen Segovia! Check it out:

Click to Super-Size D'Vorah and her friends!

MORTAL KOMBAT X #5
Written by SHAWN KITTELSEN
Art by DEXTER SOY
Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
On sale APRIL 8 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
DIGITAL FIRST • MATURE READERS

Scorpion and Takeda’s search for Sub-Zero leads them to find an entire city that’s been frozen solid! Meanwhile, Sonya and Johnny’s quest to rescue their daughter is interrupted by the Outworld Civil War – and a Shokan uprising led by Kintaro!

The Mortal Kombat X comic series is the prequel story to the upcoming Mortal Kombat X game, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise. The game will be available April 14, 2015.

Insect warrior D'Vorah adorns the cover, with the Outworld Civil War escalating on the interior! As an ally to temporary Outworld Emperor Kotal Kahn, we're sure to be seeing more of D'Vorah in the countdown to the video game release! Kahn may need the help after he battles Goro in February, with Kintaro joining the fray in issue #5!

Looking forward to issue #5? Register to share your anticipation on the Media & Merchandise forum! Find more MKX comics previews, reviews & purchase links in the MKO Comics Directory. Support the site by sharing this story around the web via @MK_Online & Facebook.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 01/16/2015 08:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::5818
Nationality::United States
RE: EXCLUSIVE: Mortal Kombat X #5 Cover Preview & Solicitation

I SO called it!

Shokan uprising.

Where's my damn cookie?

Can't wait to see Kintaro in action. I wonder how Goro fits into this. Considering their strict guidelines of honor, I'd assume he's with Kintaro.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/16/2015 08:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::10172

Johnny!? Sonya!? KINTARO!?!?

For fucks sake....this just keeps getting better.

LokheitPosted: 01/16/2015 09:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

It looks like some people's assumptions of

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Kotal ripping Sonya's heart

were false considering that this happens after that reunion. Now I think

it belongs to Kintaro, I won't like it because I like Kintaro but it's a possibility and would be a strong way of Kotal to show his power.

NickScryerPosted: 01/16/2015 09:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::5270
Nationality::Ireland

Man this comic is giving me a major case of the Awesome Feels. Everything about it is brilliant!!
Epic cover art too! Really interested in D'Vorah's backstory. That looks a bit like a Red Dragon goon that she just had her bugs devour.

shrairyuwarriorPosted: 01/16/2015 09:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::1068

Sweet. I guess that one solit someone saw was false and not for 5. Probably for an earlier issue. Didn't the other one allude to frost

PSN:athlos23
SockiePosted: 01/16/2015 09:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::3146

Lokheit Wrote:
It looks like some people's assumptions of

Kotal ripping Sonya's heart

were false considering that this happens after that reunion. Now I think

it belongs to Kintaro, I won't like it because I like Kintaro but it's a possibility and would be a strong way of Kotal to show his power.

I'm pretty sure the heart belongs to no one important, and that scene was already happening as Raiden did his magic. This is going to be 10 or so chapters after we saw that.

daryuiPosted: 01/16/2015 09:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::6111

Excited for the Outworld civil war. Hopefully Kintaro dies.

ForrestFoxFanPosted: 01/16/2015 09:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::723

Why are you guys using spoilers?

0RI0NPosted: 01/16/2015 09:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::255

Man, those Red Dragon soldiers can't catch a break huh? LoL.

Issue#1 was fkn awesome. Hopefully they'll all be that good. Can NRS promote Shawn Kittelsen to the game's storyboard? Haha

@shirai warrior, Frost is solicited for printed issue#2, digital chapter 4 i believe.

Mad Props to MINION, The SIG Sovereign!
redmanPosted: 01/16/2015 09:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::4720

Damn, this sounds awesome. Fucking Kintaro, can't wait to see him.

ChromePosted: 01/16/2015 09:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::16001
Nationality::Hungary

An uprising led by a four armed cat.

With a berret.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
T-rexPosted: 01/16/2015 09:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

MK#5 Solicitation Wrote:
Scorpion and Takeda’s search for Sub-Zero leads them to find an entire city that’s been frozen solid! Meanwhile, Sonya and Johnny’s quest to rescue their daughter is interrupted by the Outworld Civil War – and a Shokan uprising led by Kintaro!

Okay, now let's look at all of this shit side-by-side and try to figure out what the hell is going on:

MK#2 Solicitation Wrote:
In issue #2, Scorpion and his newest companion set off in deadly pursuit of Raiden! Meanwhile, as the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage thinks she’s seen it all. But when she finds herself in an illegal MMA deathmatch, Cassie must decide if she’s ready for her first taste of Mortal Kombat!

MK#3 Solicitation Wrote:
In issue #3, as the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!

MK#4 Solicitation Wrote:
Scorpion vs. Raiden! Red Dragons vs. Black Dragons! And a powerful new threat emerges! You do not want to miss the blood-soaked finale of our first story arc!

MK#5 Solicitation on Google Plus Wrote:
Cassie Cage must take down a surprise (and deadly) opponent--Frost! Meanwhile, Sonya's "discussions" with Kotal Kahn take an unexpected turn...

So on the Scorpion side of things:

-Hanzo and Takeda get all up in Raiden's grill
-They fight
-It looks like Raiden spills the beans about the other Kamidogu, including the one Sub-Zero was sent after
-They go looking for him
-The city that was frozen solid is obviously Subs going nuts under the Kamidogu curse. Looks like it gives you a hell of a power boost.

While all of this is happening:

-Cass (who at this point in time should be a teenager) somehow ends up in an MMA cage match
-We don't know who she originally fights (Kobra?), but, apparently, she doesn't face Frost until issue #5
-Johnny and Sonya set out to rescue her (does that imply she's been captured and forced to fight?)
-Their quest is somehow interrupted by the Outworld Civil War (does that mean that Cassie's MMA match is happening in Outworld? Did Kotal capture her?)
-It looks like Sonya attempts to negotiate with Kotal, and it somehow doesn't go as planned

Previously, in Outworld:

-Kotal "suffers an unimaginable loss" by the hand of an "Outworld Champion" (Goro) and, evidently, loses a close ally
-Resorts to using the power of the Kamidogu, gains blood magic in the process
-#4 states that "a powerful new threat emerges". That could imply that Kotal succeeded in taking down Goro and emerged as the new Emperor of Outworld. I sure hope it's not Goro's heart he's eating...
-I guess the Shokans don't take Goro's defeat well, because there's apparently a Shokan uprising happening, and Kintaro is leading it. I'm thinking Goro might have actually survived, but his defeat dishonored him in the eyes of his people, who don't see him fit to be their ruler anymore. The "Outworld Civil War", then, might just refer to the lower-class Tigrar lineage Shokans (of which Kintaro is the most prominent representative) attempting to overthrow the ruling aristocrats of the Draco lineage.
-Sonya and Johnny show up at around this time

Oh, and also there's some kind of Red Dragons vs. Black Dragons spat happening in the meantime, but who gives a shit.

Discuss.

Sindel798Posted: 01/16/2015 09:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::1539

Goro is going to die sometime during the comic hence the trailer saying Goro Lives.

smokeman14Posted: 01/16/2015 10:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::6406

This could mean that Kintaro could be in the game, I hope so at least. He needs more character to him.

MKfan99Posted: 01/16/2015 10:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::2254

I'm guessing with the ideas of a "largely new" roster, both Goro and Kintaro will not make the cut. That being said, since we know Goro is in the game Im guessing the revolt doesn't go well and Kintaro meets his end in the comic and it's his heart Kotal is eating.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
daryuiPosted: 01/16/2015 10:18 AMStatus ::

Quan Chi's trailer teased an alliance with Kano.

Kano got the dagger which was revealed in the third chapter as

having to deal with Quan Chi

Red Dragon are connected to Shinnok through Daegon.

Red Dragon V. Black Dragon = Shinnok V. Quan Chi?

mattteoPosted: 01/16/2015 10:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::307
Nationality::Sicily

Oh, and also there's some kind of Red Dragons vs. Black Dragons spat happening in the meantime, but who gives a shit.

I do. A lot. Daegon's Red Dragon is my favourite factions. They're probably going to get their asses kicked as they're not available online, but just to let you know..... people care.

Bout the summaries, I think you're mistaking some chapter previews with issue previews. For example, Chapter 5 that you quoted as issue 5 takes place in Issue 2 (Cassie's MMA match)

ShadalooPosted: 01/16/2015 10:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

MK Solicits Wrote:
Kintaro doing stuff

Holy shit. :0

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
T-rexPosted: 01/16/2015 10:23 AMStatus ::

daryui Wrote:

Well, it's still up in the air whether all of the Kamidogu have that connection, or just the one in Scorpion's care (the Netherrealm Kamidogu?)

daryui Wrote:

Fuck yeah, Netherrealm proxy wars!

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/16/2015 10:24 AMStatus ::

T-rex Wrote:
MK#5 Solicitation Wrote:

Okay, now let's look at all of this shit side-by-side and try to figure out what the hell is going on:

MK#2 Solicitation Wrote:

In issue #2, Scorpion and his newest companion set off in deadly pursuit of Raiden! Meanwhile, as the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage thinks she’s seen it all. But when she finds herself in an illegal MMA deathmatch, Cassie must decide if she’s ready for her first taste of Mortal Kombat!

MK#3 Solicitation Wrote:

In issue #3, as the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!

MK#4 Solicitation Wrote:

Scorpion vs. Raiden! Red Dragons vs. Black Dragons! And a powerful new threat emerges! You do not want to miss the blood-soaked finale of our first story arc!

Cassie Cage must take down a surprise (and deadly) opponent--Frost! Meanwhile, Sonya's "discussions" with Kotal Kahn take an unexpected turn...

-They fight

-It looks like Raiden spills the beans about the other Kamidogu, including the one Sub-Zero was sent after

-They go looking for him

-The city that was frozen solid is obviously Subs going nuts under the Kamidogu curse. Looks like it gives you a hell of a power boost.

-Cass (who at this point in time should be a teenager) somehow ends up in an MMA cage match

-We don't know who she originally fights (Kobra?), but, apparently, she doesn't face Frost until issue #5

-Johnny and Sonya set out to rescue her (does that imply she's been captured and forced to fight?)

-Their quest is somehow interrupted by the Outworld Civil War (does that mean that Cassie's MMA match is happening in Outworld? Did Kotal capture her?)

-It looks like Sonya attempts to negotiate with Kotal, and it somehow doesn't go as planned

Previously, in Outworld:

-Kotal "suffers an unimaginable loss" by the hand of an "Outworld Champion" (Goro) and, evidently, loses a close ally

-#4 states that "a powerful new threat emerges". That could imply that Kotal succeeded in taking down Goro and emerged as the new Emperor of Outworld. I sure hope it's not Goro's heart he's eating...

-I guess she Shokans don't take Goro's defeat well, because there's apparently a Shokan uprising happening, and Kintaro is leading it. I'm thinking Goro might have actually survived, but his defeat dishonored him in the eyes of his people, who don't see him fit to be their ruler anymore. The "Outworld Civil War", then, might just refer to the lower-class Tigrar lineage Shokans (of which Kintaro is the most prominent representative) attempting to overthrow the ruling aristocrats of the Draco lineage.

Discuss.

Wait, wait, wait. Does this mean there is a possibility of the dagger Kotal Kahn uses and cuts himself with in in-game footage may actually be a Kamidogu. I mean, they all look different, right? Perhaps you're right and it seemingly boosts the hell out of their power in certain aspects depending on which dagger you're using.

SockiePosted: 01/16/2015 10:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::3146

T-rex Wrote:
MK#5 Solicitation Wrote:

MK#2 Solicitation Wrote:

MK#3 Solicitation Wrote:

MK#4 Solicitation Wrote:

-They fight

-They go looking for him

Previously, in Outworld:

-I guess she Shokans don't take Goro's defeat well, because there's apparently a Shokan uprising happening, and Kintaro is leading it. I'm thinking Goro might have actually survived, but his defeat dishonored him in the eyes of his people, who don't see him fit to be their ruler anymore. The "Outworld Civil War", then, might just refer to the lower-class Tigrar lineage Shokans (of which Kintaro is the most prominent representative) attempting to overthrow the ruling aristocrats of the Draco lineage.

Discuss.

Kittelsen's made it pretty clear that the Outworld civil war is the overall conflict over the throne of Outworld, with multiple sides wanting it. It's not as simple as Kotal vs. Goro, and I really doubt that'll put an end to anything and suddenly have everyone acknowledge Kotal as emperor.

Also, this issue is Chapters 13-15; Sonya's already talking to Kotal in Chapter 5, long before any of this.

T-rexPosted: 01/16/2015 10:26 AMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Wait, wait, wait. Does this mean there is a possibility of the dagger Kotal Kahn uses and cuts himself with in in-game footage may actually be a Kamidogu. I mean, they all look different, right? Perhaps you're right and it seemingly boosts the hell out of their power in certain aspects depending on which dagger you're using.

Yup.

There is a theory that Kotal was originally just a god of war, and the Blood God and Sun God variations are something that he has actually obtained through the Kamidogu.

daryuiPosted: 01/16/2015 10:29 AMStatus ::

T-rex Wrote:
daryui Wrote:

Well, it's still up in the air whether all of the Kamidogu have that connection, or just the one in Scorpion's care (the Netherrealm Kamidogu?)

daryui Wrote:

Fuck yeah, Netherrealm proxy wars!

Not NetherRealm...

Kamidogu Of order

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/16/2015 10:33 AMStatus ::

T-rex Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Yup.

There is a theory that Kotal was originally just a god of war, and the Blood God and Sun God variations are something that he has actually obtained through the Kamidogu.

Ugh. This just makes me like his character even more. This puts him right nicely into the story fold and makes him infinitely more interesting for the time being than Shao Kahn to me if it turns out to be a Kamidogu.

Now, since the Kamidogu are there, I wonder how they would ever play the Onaga angle. Will he be referenced? Is he the 'demon' and this is a new incarnation of the 'Damashi' persona looking to unite the Kamidogu? Or perhaps is it a new character? Or maybe even Shinnok looking for revenge after the end of the Netherealm War? Maybe Shang Tsung looking for more power in some fucked up way from the Netherealm wanting to become some sort of a higher power? God, the possibilities in the rebooted timeline are endless. I fucking love it.

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.