Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/23/2015 02:52 AMStatus ::
Webseries Call Sheet Lists Mortal Kombat X Characters

For two series, MK Legacy carved out a unique take on the classic mythos of the original games. Growing ties between a third live-action webseries and April's Mortal Kombat X appear to be bridging that gap!

Casting rumors have heavily featured characters from the official comic books [full story], but a call sheet from this week's shoot is the first confirmation of series newcomers Ferra/Torr and Cassie Cage!

The call sheet comes via actor Casey Lawrence, who also shared photos from the set. He appears as a bouncer opposite series star Casper Van Dien (Johnny Cage), who will apparently be engaging in some underground fisticuffs!

The plot may explain second generation fighter Cassie Cage's role in an upcoming issue of the DC Comic, which will take the 5 year old of the live-action webseries into an MMA death match as a young adult [read more].

At 6'8", Jamal Duff will tower as Torr, opposite accomplished stuntwoman Jade Quon, who plays the diminutive Ferra. The in-game fighting tandem made a splash when first unveiled during the E3 Sony Press Conference, last year.

Ferra/Torr: Jamal Huff and Jade Quon [inset].

Duff may be recognized for his years in the NFL with the New York Giants and Washington Redskins, and for film roles in The Rundown and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story [pictured above]. Quon has over a decade experience, performing stunts in Iron Man 3, The Last Airbender and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Also listed for the shoot: Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa - who already confirmed his return. The Shang Tsung actor reprises the role he first inhabited twenty years ago appearing in the Paul W. Anderson director feature: Mortal Kombat.

Will the webseries tie directly to the new game? Register to join the speculation on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Follow and discuss all the news from the webseries in the Media & Merchandise forum.

anyadahalorPosted: 01/23/2015 02:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::1109
Nationality::Hungary
RE: Webseries Call Sheet Lists Mortal Kombat X Characters

Nasty opponent confitmed!!!!! Wonder what his variations are.

jpetrunakPosted: 01/23/2015 04:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::3472
Nationality::United States

So is this web series going to be cannon with the comic and the game ? Legacy took some pretty big liberties with the original story, and nothing is going to piss me off more than watching an MKX webseries that will have its own take on a game/comic story that would only be a few months old at the time of release.

I really hope this is all tied together.

-
MacyG88Posted: 01/23/2015 04:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::2464
Nationality::Australia

Wait: So is Johnny the main character now?

Holy shit.

SpacemanPosted: 01/23/2015 05:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::2136

God I cannot wait to not watch Legacy. What a train wreck of a series. I have no fucking clue what part of the MK continuity they are at and God knows they don't either. Legacy 2 was the first MK tournament taking place simultaneously in present day and feudal Japan? and now Legacy is covering MKX events? What? Is the Kung Lao vs angry dark scary Lui Kang fight ever gonna happen? Does anybody care? Shitty, half assed fight scenes to boot. Feels like I'm watching MK Walker Texas Ranger. Fuck legacy.

CharybdisPosted: 01/23/2015 05:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::1128
Nationality::United Kingdom

I don't know why people take Legacy so seriously as to get in a rage over it. It's a bit of fun, a schlocky webseries with some occasional great moments and some occasional shit ones. It's not canon, it's free and it's Mortal Kombat. Don't watch if you hate it and don't get your panties in a twist

"Pray for the Kahn's Mercy"
SpacemanPosted: 01/23/2015 05:58 AMStatus ::

Charybdis Wrote:
I don't know why people take Legacy so seriously as to get in a rage over it. It's a bit of fun, a schlocky webseries with some occasional great moments and some occasional shit ones. It's not canon, it's free and it's Mortal Kombat. Don't watch if you hate it and don't get your panties in a twist

Yeah that still doesn't work for me. If you're barbecuing burgers and don't have any beef patties and start using dogshit instead, its probably better to just not have a BBQ to begin with. Free or not. I mean at that point you're just alienating people, you know? Like now people think your the guy that likes eating dogshit. So panties remain firmly twisted.

I get your point tho, I just like making fun of legacy.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 06:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::10123

Well, Ferra/Torr and Cassie's involvement, as well as D'Vorah from the previous leak, pretty much adds even more validity to Salazar, Kung Jin and Ron Tan Cho possibly appearing as fighters in MKX.

Intereting...

MartyKirraPosted: 01/23/2015 06:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::184

Spaceman Wrote:
Charybdis Wrote:

Yeah that still doesn't work for me. If you're barbecuing burgers and don't have any beef patties and start using dogshit instead, its probably better to just not have a BBQ to begin with. Free or not. I mean at that point you're just alienating people, you know? Like now people think your the guy that likes eating dogshit. So panties remain firmly twisted.

I get your point tho, I just like making fun of legacy.
This is by far the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, if anyone should've been Johnny Cage, it should've been Eric Jacobus, or keep Matt Mullins from Season 1. I was hyped for the first season because it had Michael Jai White and Darren Shahlavi whom I had seen in a bunch of amazing films with truly impressive choreography, but I don't think they know what they are doing. Do we need Ferra/Torr, who apparently haven't even been written in the comics yet? No. What we need is a cohesive universe without trying to tie into the latest game that has nothing to do with the series outside of the name. Seriously, they had Bi-Han in motocross gear. C'mon now.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 06:16 AMStatus ::

You know, Legacy gets shit on too much around these parts. If you don't like the decisions that were made, that's one thing. However, NOBODY wanted to touch Mortal Kombat as a live action property. Literally, NOBODY. It was dead in the water. The stench from Annihilation was still lingering.

Kevin Tancharoen changed that. He made people interested in a live action MK again. His budget was extremely low and he could only achieve so much, thus making the two seasons glorified fan films basically yet what he did achieve far outweighs visual effects and costumes; he made people INTERESTED in live action MK again. For that we should be grateful.

mattteoPosted: 01/23/2015 06:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::307
Nationality::Sicily

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
You know, Legacy gets shit on too much around these parts. If you don't like the decisions that were made, that's one thing. However, NOBODY wanted to touch Mortal Kombat as a live action property. Literally, NOBODY. It was dead in the water. The stench from Annihilation was still lingering.

Kevin Tancharoen changed that. He made people interested in a live action MK again. His budget was extremely low and he could only achieve so much, thus making the two seasons glorified fan films basically yet what he did achieve far outweighs visual effects and costumes; he made people INTERESTED in live action MK again. For that we should be grateful.

Kevin Tancharoen is the worst thing that happened to Mortal Kombat after Mokap!

The moment when I was most shocked by ignorance was when many fans (pseudofans) cheered the Rebirth garbage and atrocity.

Luckily, the NRS team didn't let this wannabe director ruin the MK mythos.

Guys, Legacy isn't even worth mentioning, let alone watching. It's just a nail in my shoe. MK Conquest had lousy fights and it was shot 20 years ago, but tit's still miles better. The comic is so far a billion times better than any Legacy ep.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 06:53 AMStatus ::

mattteo Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Kevin Tancharoen is the worst thing that happened to Mortal Kombat after Mokap!

The moment when I was most shocked by ignorance was when many fans (pseudofans) cheered the Rebirth garbage and atrocity.

Luckily, the NRS team didn't let this wannabe director ruin the MK mythos.

Guys, Legacy isn't even worth mentioning, let alone watching. It's just a nail in my shoe. MK Conquest had lousy fights and it was shot 20 years ago, but tit's still miles better. The comic is so far a billion times better than any Legacy ep.

Funny you say that because Conquest to me screams late 90s cheese and has not held up well at all. Shot mostly on a soundstage (and its incredibly noticeable) and in the woods in the middle of nowhere with terrible CGI. Also, the Kahn get-up is still to this day one of the worst MK live action costumes I've ever seen. Don't know what they were thinking.

Without Tancharoen, whether you like him or not, we would NOT have a live action MK no matter what anyone says here. That's a fact. Also, not to get too into it, but Rebirth is simply an artist taking creative, artistic liberties. It was his OWN vision of how he wanted to see the franchise. If it's not your cup of tea, fine, but at least he had the balls to go out and make it and fund it himself despite the hate and bad taste live action MK had left in peoples mouths.

Could it have been miles better? Sure. Could it have been more faithful? Totally. Just because it was a different take on a beloved franchise does that automatically damn it to Hell? Absolutely not.

SpacemanPosted: 01/23/2015 06:53 AMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Now the stench of Legacy will replace the stench of Annihilation, which was far enough in the past to no longer hinder MK. I refuse to thank Kevin for his dogshit BBQ. The games massive popularity would have revitalized its live action property soon enough on its own, just like with the comic. And even if it didn't I would rather have nothing than Kevin's garbage. A low budget shouldn't mean a lack of coherency nor terrible fight choreography, thats created by people who don't know what the fuck they're doing and don't give a shit anyway because dickhats like you will eat it up on name recognition alone. Just like Annihilation Legacy has made MK a cheap joke. There is zero drive for coherency or a quality story. The web series may be free but believe these fuckers get paid. Don't pretend they did it out of the kindness of their hearts to help poor little MK along.

JadedReignPosted: 01/23/2015 07:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::1603

Between this and the Gamestop commercial.....I'm starting to very much anticipate Shang for MKX. Voiced by Hiroyuki-Tagawa too, and with that new bald look.

....maaaaaaan.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 07:13 AMStatus ::

Spaceman Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Now the stench of Legacy will replace the stench of Annihilation, which was far enough in the past to no longer hinder MK. I refuse to thank Kevin for his dogshit BBQ. The games massive popularity would have revitalized its live action property soon enough on its own, just like with the comic. And even if it didn't I would rather have nothing than Kevin's garbage. A low budget shouldn't mean a lack of coherency nor terrible fight choreography, thats created by people who don't know what the fuck they're doing and don't give a shit anyway because dickhats like you will eat it up on name recognition alone. Just like Annihilation Legacy has made MK a cheap joke. There is zero drive for coherency or a quality story. The web series may be free but believe these fuckers get paid. Don't pretend they did it out of the kindness of their hearts to help poor little MK along.

Dickhat huh? Well aren't you just a cheery individual who respects others opinions. Some mature person you are. But to each his own. At least I respect others opinions, unlike some immature people around these parts. And really, if you want to blame anyone, blame WB. Tancharoen made Rebirth as a passion project as a fan of MK and expected nothing to come of it, WB hired him to do Legacy based on that. So if you really want to place the blame, I'd start there.

redmanPosted: 01/23/2015 08:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::4716

Spaceman Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

The name calling is not necessary at all.

IMO legacy wasn't that bad, it was an okay take on the series, but I really feel they should just stop trying to do live action shit. I feel MK would work a lot better if they did it in animation like the DC comics stuff. MK is just too big of a story to actually work in live action imo

EDIT: Reading KenshiMaster's comment I completely agree about Rebirth. I thought that shit was fucking awesome and it worked really well, the only thing I didn't really like was Reptile but the Baraka/Johnny fight scene was so cash. I love when Johnny takes a drag off the cigar right before he dies, that shit was so brutal. But they toned it down a lot for legacy

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 08:43 AMStatus ::

Just thought I would leave this here...

Spaceman Wrote:
Now the stench of Legacy will replace the stench of Annihilation, which was far enough in the past to no longer hinder MK.

From the hardcore fan's perspective, maybe. Annihilation apparently isn't far enough in the past to no longer hinder MK because even with the virtual success of Legacy, WB is still overly cautious about a feature film. But since you claim Legacy leaves a stench, let's take a look, shall we?

Rotten Tomatoes
Mortal Kombat - Average Rating: 2.9/5 (Audience Score)
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - Average Rating: 2.5/5 (Audience Score)
Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Average Rating: 3.6/5 (Audience Score)

IMDb
Mortal Kombat - Average Rating: 5.8/10 (Audience Score)
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - Average Rating: 3.6/10 (Audience Score)
Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Average Rating: 7.8/10 (Audience Score)

Spaceman Wrote:
Just like Annihilation Legacy has made MK a cheap joke.

Hmmm... Apparently not if judging from the above. If that's your opinion, then that's cool. However, the general population apparently is in disagreement with you.

Spaceman Wrote:
And even if it didn't I would rather have nothing than Kevin's garbage.

Sure, that's your personal opinion but I respectfully disagree. I think MK can work wonders as a recurring web series as I don't think a feature film is ever likely again given the simple fact I doubt they'd pour that much money into the project and more story could be told this way than in a 90 minute one time feature film. Also, we'd see more obscure and new characters, especially given we're about to see a live action Ferra/Torr and Bo Rai Cho for crying out loud.

Spaceman Wrote:
A low budget shouldn't mean a lack of coherency nor terrible fight choreography, thats created by people who don't know what the fuck they're doing...

Have you seen the two MK films recently? The fight choreography is mostly horrendous in those films as well. Lots of ballet looking flips and uninspired fight scenes. Sonya/Kano fight is hard to watch, as is the wire fu in some portions of the Liu Kang/Reptile sequence. Don't even get me started on the Raiden/Raptors fight, nor the Liu Kang/Baraka scene.

Spaceman Wrote:
The web series may be free but believe these fuckers get paid.

And Warner Bros signs off on it as well as "those fuckers" checks, too. You know, just because they hire people to make a product doesn't mean they have no say. Clearly they liked what they saw and backed it if it got released. If they didn't like it, it would have been shelved or there'd have been re-shoots.

T-rexPosted: 01/23/2015 09:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

>CASSIE CAGE (5Y.O.)

Aww, we're gonna see lil' Cass cheering her dad on from the sidelines. :3

Tazer_GunshotPosted: 01/23/2015 09:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada

The Jade Quon chick better be a midget or it won't sit right.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 09:37 AMStatus ::

Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
The Jade Quon chick better be a midget or it won't sit right.

lol You do realize that's what green screen body suits are for, right?

DG1OAPosted: 01/23/2015 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::5270

I so badly want to play as the nasty opponent, the bouncer and the warden!

Is the bouncer's name Eagle, by any chance?

I think a more fitting actress for Terra would have been Jyoti Amge, an actual small woman.

T-rexPosted: 01/23/2015 10:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Couldn't they have just found a midget actress (is Jade Quon one? I seriously don't know)?

I mean, look at Pete Dinklage. The guy is killing it out there. It would make sense to capitalize on that and give those actors more exposure. Everyone would win at the end.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/23/2015 10:13 AMStatus ::

T-rex Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Couldn't they have just found a midget actress (is Jade Quon one? I seriously don't know)?

I mean, look at Pete Dinklage. The guy is killing it out there. It would make sense to capitalize on that and give those actors more exposure. Everyone would win at the end.

No, Jade Quon is not a midget. Her most recent work is a stunt double for Batman V Superman, however among her 63 stunt credits on IMDb she is credited as doing motion capture stunt work for the game Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm assuming that may be part of her job here as well so at least she has prior experience. She does look, however, relatively short in her demo reel which can be found here. Compared with Jamal's 6'8" height, a little special effects and camera trickery will make it work out just fine I'm sure.

gosoxtimPosted: 01/23/2015 11:05 AMStatus ::

Visits::1768

Wouldn't you want to be ferra since She probably going to be on his back when they fight

daryuiPosted: 01/23/2015 12:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::6111

Shang Tsung in MKX meh.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.