Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 9

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/23/2015 07:12 AMStatus ::
Ed Boons Big Day Out - Character Teaser, Schedule, Nightwolf

You may know him from the soul crushing un-reveals of the MKX Character Deadpool, or the countless gigabytes of message board mythology and deranged speculation he's inspired across the web. He's less known as the co-creator of Mortal Kombat, and continues as Creative Director on Mortal Kombat X! He's Ed Boon - and over the past couple of days, he's ramped up the tweets (@noobde) and given us more to talk about while WB holdout for the next magazine world exclusive!

From character teases, to preview schedules, Boon touched on it all. Here are some of the more noteworthy tidbits:

Give The Man a Hand
The most substantial item to come from Boon's big day of teases was this postage stamp of an unidentified hand & weapon.

The disembodied digits are in keeping with his black & white boot teases (from last August), sharing a certain aesthetic similarity with "Exhibit F". That particular boot - which was accompanied by a boney, rustic looking accessory that may correlate with the weapon pictured - was among the least convincingly identified.

The maroon gauntlet and bone-themed weapons have us submitting Reiko for consideration, but it's a tough call. That has us wondering if this isn't one of the new characters promised to be among the feet.

More Big Days To Come
When one eager fan asked when the next hint for a new character will be, Boon responded with a promising forecast, "Next week is going to be a lot of fun!"

Next week won't bring a Kitana Character Variation spotlight, sadly, but Boon did reveal an eventual reprieve when, "... our twitch stream will go IN DEPTH on variations!" We'll also learn more about the story "[v]ery soon".

With just three months to go until the home console release, the flood gates are certainly more than ready to be opened! When you consider all the hot information already coming from tie-comics and webseries, the frost of winter is already starting to melt away! Toasty!

A Native American Wolf In...?
Mortal Kombat (2011) wasn't particularly kind to fans of the klassic mythology, undoing much of what was loved, but the game's story mode did do a great service to elevate Nightwolf to unseen heights!

After a star making turn with wolfskin alternate costume that finally showed the inspiration the character lacked - he was killed. Victim of the same bloodbath that left most Earthrealm heroes deceased and under the control of Quan Chi.

Boon offered new hope to fans of the revamped shaman warrior,
responding lyrically to a character querey with, "It Might Wolf." That might not bode well for those hoping for a Kung Lao & Kitana style return to the living - but never say never! Who better to return from the grave than a super shaman who's pals with Raiden?

Cloudy With A Chance of New Ninja
Past allusions suggest we're overdue a ninja or two, and according to Boon, there's even a chance of a new one in MKX! As any pedant will tell you, even .1 in 100 registers as a chance, but when you consider MK's notorious history with ninja-esque warriors, we like the odds.

There are many other tweets! For that, we have The Official Twitter Thread! You'll have to register to insist that reference to your favourite character was more significant than the others. We refuse to indulge green cyborgs. Special Forces 2, on the other hand...

smokeman14Posted: 01/22/2015 04:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::6406
Nationality::United States
Boon teasing new reveal

Thought this deserved it's own thread

Thought this could use it's own thread
Doesn't look like Fujin, way too evil looking.

I think this could be a new character

Dragon Points:
Hooky-FookyPosted: 01/22/2015 04:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::1061
RE: Boon teasing new reveal

I like the idea of a bow wielding character, and I agree that it doesn't look like something Fujin would use unless they plan on giving Fujin a major overhaul in design and possibly alignment.

Seems to me like a new character. We could certainly use one because every reveal since E3 has been a returnee.

JAX007Posted: 01/22/2015 04:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

This bone like weapon reminds me of the object seen behind boot #6.

It's very alien looking, I bet it's a new character.

redmanPosted: 01/22/2015 04:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::4740

JAX007 Wrote:

Agreed, probably will be a new char.

MinchkenPosted: 01/22/2015 04:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::123
Nationality::Australia

Dragon bone weapon with what appears to be leather bracers...

Dovahkiin confirmed.

HiddenCharacterPosted: 01/22/2015 05:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::182

It's gotta be either a new character or Fujin. I could see them ditching Fujin's crossbow in favor of a huge, epic bow. That would actually be pretty dope.

NephritePosted: 01/22/2015 05:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

Could that be one of D'Vorah's extensions actually and not some weapon?

You know how he likes to mind-fuck us...

smokeman14Posted: 01/22/2015 05:02 PMStatus ::

HiddenCharacter Wrote:
It's gotta be either a new character or Fujin. I could see them ditching Fujin's crossbow in favor of a huge, epic bow. That would actually be pretty dope.

My worry with it being Fujin is they'll focus more on hitting the opponent with the bow then with his wind abilities

unleash_your_toungePosted: 01/22/2015 05:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Hoping for fresh blood.

Hype level is Idle status for new characters atm. Need something to get the momentum going again.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
nightbreed_16Posted: 01/22/2015 05:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::259

Like I said on another thread I am stumped. I do not know who it is. I am hyped though.

I will rock you.
squirt007ncPosted: 01/22/2015 05:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::369

Got my hopes up for nothimg. No fujin.

SHAMEonNINJASPosted: 01/22/2015 05:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::719

Dat injustice influence.

smokeman14Posted: 01/22/2015 05:05 PMStatus ::

squirt007nc Wrote:
Got my hopes up for nothimg. No fujin.

Guess that means that whenever ed is posting A LOT about a character, they won't be revealed.

He's really playing with fans' expectations after that Goro reveal

Born-To-Be-HeroPosted: 01/22/2015 05:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::0
Nationality::United Kingdom

redman Wrote:
JAX007 Wrote:

If it's a new character could it be Salazar? Because his digital series background reads "In his 30s to 40s, quiet, reserved, downcast, he is a mercenary in the service of the Emperor. Intelligent and eloquent, he sounds like he may be American. Salazar’s exact origins are unknown. Born on Earth, he somehow found himself in Outworld. There he spent years wandering its vast territories, selling his amazing weaponry skills to local warlords." most have said he sounds like Kano because of selling weapons but it's not that Salazar sells weapons, he "sells his skills with weaponry"- maybe his weapon of choice is a bow?

MinchkenPosted: 01/22/2015 05:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::123
Nationality::Australia

It's dragon born ya, fewls.

OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 01/22/2015 05:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::2368

It's someone brand new, and I can't wait.

targaryenprince777Posted: 01/22/2015 05:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::637

Guys and gals, maybe it's Nightwolf ... it looks like some sort of an extended bow ...

petrcechPosted: 01/22/2015 05:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::3134

smokeman14 Wrote:
HiddenCharacter Wrote:

My worry with it being Fujin is they'll focus more on hitting the opponent with the bow then with his wind abilities

Haha don't worry my friend. Fujin is going to have some epic wind abilities with the new technology NRS have at their disposal. Plus I doubt that's Fujin.

It's clearly Tanya with her famous MK4 boomerang.

On a more serious note, it looks to me like a very unique new character with cavemen aspects???

Dam you Boon.

photo 4693e3e5-2d4e-44a7-8c05-157857ef5f95.jpg
SockiePosted: 01/22/2015 05:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::3146

Born-To-Be-Hero Wrote:
redman Wrote:
JAX007 Wrote:

If it's a new character could it be Salazar? Because his digital series background reads "In his 30s to 40s, quiet, reserved, downcast, he is a mercenary in the service of the Emperor. Intelligent and eloquent, he sounds like he may be American. Salazar’s exact origins are unknown. Born on Earth, he somehow found himself in Outworld. There he spent years wandering its vast territories, selling his amazing weaponry skills to local warlords." most have said he sounds like Kano because of selling weapons but it's not that Salazar sells weapons, he "sells his skills with weaponry"- maybe his weapon of choice is a bow?

Yeah, everything about Salazar makes him sound more like a "The Man With No Name" type rather than a Kano rip-off; it definitely sounds like he could be armed with a bow, and there's also something about the look of our mystery character's bow and armor that makes me think "Outworld wanderer."

Baraka407Posted: 01/22/2015 05:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::9084

I could see that being for Fujin; some kind of large bow to replace the crossbow.

Then again... The gold color on the arm ring, the bow itself... Maybe Tanya?

Nah, my guess is new character. Ed jokes that it's a "baff" or bow/staff. That would make sense for Fujin, but the look of it doesn't overly fit him.

krajaxPosted: 01/22/2015 05:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::3078

...Lord Shinnok?

MrInternationalPosted: 01/22/2015 05:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::165

definitely looks like a new character. This looks like nothing what Fujin would wear. The only only person that comes close to this design is maybe reptile in human form but even that is a stretch.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/22/2015 05:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::10271

My guess is either Nightwolf or Salazar. The weapon itself looks pretty tribal.

FROIDPosted: 01/22/2015 05:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::2137

Fujin has to be Boot #3. I'm saying that object coincides with Boot #6 most definitely.

Page of 9

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.