There will be NO Mortal Kombat X Strategy Guide
posted02/08/2015 04:44 AM (UTC)by
Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

Shot an email to Prima Games, who are now tied with Brady Games, and they got back to me telling me that there will NOT be an MKX guide.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted to pick up a special edition one similar to the one they did with Injustice, but I don't know what NRS is doing with this stuff.

First, no art book. Now, no strategy guide.
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

02/07/2015 07:38 PM (UTC)
I'm shocked strategy guides exist anymore honestly with the internet and all.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

02/07/2015 07:41 PM (UTC)
Well, some people still buy them. It's nice to have right by your side as your playing and some games don't do art books, so it's nice to see visuals and whatnot.

Plus there are those of us who collect them.
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

02/07/2015 07:41 PM (UTC)
True! smile
Adam Ronin
02/07/2015 07:49 PM (UTC)
Sad. The start guides were one of my favorite parts. Oh well.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

02/07/2015 07:59 PM (UTC)
It's strange, because Injustice had one, along with a special edition.

Why all the sudden change course?
squirtdaking97
02/07/2015 08:06 PM (UTC)
Sucks. I loved looking through them and loved the artwork and detail that went in them.
KenshiMaster16
02/07/2015 08:07 PM (UTC)
Well that blows. The last one I picked up was with my purchase of MK9, was looking forward to another one. Damn. sad
KungLaodoesntsuck
02/07/2015 08:12 PM (UTC)
Haven't bought one in years. So this doesn't bother me.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

02/07/2015 08:13 PM (UTC)
While I'm hoping it's misinformation, the Injustice one didn't go up on Amazon listings until end of February, when the game came out beginning April, but they even tweeted me back saying "We wanted to make a guide, but there just won't be one..."

So, I'm assuming NRS are the reason why.
red5iver
02/07/2015 08:32 PM (UTC)
I bought the MK9 guide. It was pretty cool, but I remember they had a shit ton of errors, omissions, and the like. I think Liu Kang's move set was actually Kano's, or vice versa. They did a fix (printable cards) later on.
SHAMEonNINJAS
02/07/2015 08:40 PM (UTC)
I don't buy strategy guides but I probably would have for Mkx lol. So weird because mk is one of the few games where it actually makes sense yet everything else has one. What the fuck do you need a far cry 4 strategy guide for? The collectibles are on the map.
RepTeezy
02/07/2015 08:44 PM (UTC)
What the point of a strategy guide anyway???? Everyone has their own strategy.
JaymzHetfield
02/07/2015 08:46 PM (UTC)
Kind of a bummer. I have a strategy guide for every almost every MK game. Are there no other strategy guide publishers anymore?
Uppercut Editions
About Me

02/07/2015 10:34 PM (UTC)
There are...however, the ones that primarily handle wb games and whatnot have stated they are not doing the mkx guide.
Shadowfire
02/07/2015 11:16 PM (UTC)
I thought there was going to be one for sure. Oh well.
SwingBatta
02/07/2015 11:18 PM (UTC)
The 90s had the best MK strategy guides ever. Nowadays there's no point when you can get the milk for free online.
OnlyTanyaFan
02/07/2015 11:25 PM (UTC)
I used to collect those, and I remember getting BOTH paperback and Hardcover one for the MK9(I think), but, the information that are written there aren't always correct, and it's been some time that I bought these strat guides.(Well, haven't played any games lately, due to my busy RL ANYWAY), but yeah, with the Internet and everything, I see no reason to get them anymore. After a few days after the game releases, all the secrets may come out on the internet you can dig for FREE, so... If you are into collecting pretty color pics/photos and concept art what not, sure, why not, but I don't see a need for spending extra for them anymore.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

02/07/2015 11:28 PM (UTC)
I'm still holding out hope for a post-launch 8x11 hardcover full size artbook.
Adam Ronin
02/07/2015 11:36 PM (UTC)
I've never got an MK game that I didn't collect the strat guides too. So this is a major bummer. Not that I can't find the info online, but it was the collecting part that I enjoyed and the imagery and art.

Plus on launch day, play the game a ton with buddies then go take a shit, bring the guide with and study while I deficate.
Tazer_Gunshot
02/08/2015 02:27 AM (UTC)
Why do you need a print strategy guide when it'll be on the Internet anyways?
Uppercut Editions
About Me

02/08/2015 02:33 AM (UTC)
I don't understand why you guys keep asking that.

I stated above it's a collecting thing. Alot of people do it with these games.

I would have been happier with an artbook, but I'll take what I can get.
JaymzHetfield
02/08/2015 02:45 AM (UTC)
Maybe wishful thinking but perhaps there wasn't an artbook in the Kollectors Edition because they're planning on coming out with a higher quality retail art book. That would be ideal.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

02/08/2015 02:53 AM (UTC)
If they came out with one (Similar to the God of War Ascension one by BlueCanvas) at like a 59.99 price point, then I would definitely splurge on that.

If they waited until after release that would mean they could include art for DLC characters as well.

Hoping that's what happens.
Cages_Shades
About Me
Props to MINION
02/08/2015 03:09 AM (UTC)
Internet is free and will have all the information you seek
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.