"I make violence look pretty"
"Suck that!"
"So, have you ever heard about the bitch slapping?"
"You know what's funny? Your face"
"You should rethink your life"
"He send me to kick your ass"
"Stay away from my mother!"
"You have no idea"
"Now it's my dad's" (couldn't get this one clearly, I guess she meant now it belongs to him, whatever it is)

(that's kinda the translation of Portuguese-English thing, things may not be the same in the US/EU version of the game, obviously)

Famous brazilian singer, Pitty, who says she is an old MK fan herself, was invited to voice act Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X. Both Cassie and Pitty have strong personalities, so it might work for her. In the article that you can see here (in portuguese), she hints Jax through the dialogue.

"Are you okay, uncle Jax? Your articulations are clicking" (snapping, cracking, idk the right word)

Also, Pitty says that she felt like Cassie was romantically interested in some guy. But idk if we should take this seriously, you guys decide.
Kratos05
02/09/2015 03:42 PM (UTC)
Funny face line was in the Cassie vs Cassie dialogue so I believe you mate.
Yeah, it belongs to her mirror match.

Also, one thing people seemed to understand in a wrong way is the fact that she says "uncle Jax". I'm pretty sure she calls him this way because he's already from the "family". Like when your parents have a friend that treats you so well that you start to call him "uncle".
KungLaodoesntsuck
02/09/2015 03:53 PM (UTC)
A romantic interest you say?

Not that I believe it. But if it had to be someone in the game I'd guess Takeda. No particular reason why.
Tazer_Gunshot
02/09/2015 03:54 PM (UTC)
So Jax is certainly a possibility?
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
A romantic interest you say?

Not that I believe it. But if it had to be someone in the game I'd guess Takeda. No particular reason why.

Yeah, that's something the voice actress said. She, after reading the lines (probably the Story Mode lines also), felt like she was interested in someone. It could be true but it might be just a guess from Pitty.
Blade4693
02/09/2015 03:59 PM (UTC)
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

Also, one thing people seemed to understand in a wrong way is the fact that she says "uncle Jax". I'm pretty sure she calls him this way because he's already from the "family". Like when your parents have a friend that treats you so well that you start to call him "uncle".

That's exactly what I have been thinking. I doubt there is any real relation, I think the Cage family is really close to Jax and she's probably been around him for a while so she calls him Uncle Jax.
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:

Well, by now we sure know that he's alive (and probably a little old).
Blade4693 Wrote:
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

That's exactly what I have been thinking. I doubt there is any real relation, I think the Cage family is really close to Jax and she's probably been around him for a while so she calls him Uncle Jax.

Yeah, this confusion started in the Chapter 4 from the comics, I believe. People were saying like "what if Jax is Sonya's brother" (or Cassie's father?) and I was like lol she's obviously talking like that because Jax is a long time friend of Sonya and Johnny.
---------------

I bet the "Stay away from my mother!" line is towards Kano and the Johnny reference means that's he's not dead (yet).
JAX007
About Me

02/09/2015 04:28 PM (UTC)
Not that there is any doubt at this point, more confirmation is nice! Hype!
Tazer_Gunshot
02/09/2015 04:32 PM (UTC)
JINNOCIDE Wrote:
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:

Well, by now we sure know that he's alive (and probably a little old).

True, also knowing that he is in the comic. If he is playable, I hope his design is different than in the comic at least for his main. He can have the comic one for his alt. He should have a cybernetic enhancement piece on his throat, from the horrific blow from Sindel's heel. I know it'd be too far fetched.
SHAMEonNINJAS
02/09/2015 04:33 PM (UTC)
when you said brazilian singer i had to google her ass. she definitly has a brazilian ass.
NickScryer
02/09/2015 04:39 PM (UTC)
Cool thanks for the heads up!
Can't wait to see how they gloss over how when Jax gets resurrected he still has metal arms while Sub-Zero regains his entire body.

Seriously though, loving this. Cassie's dialogue is cool and the fact she's calling Sonya "Mother" instead of Sonya possibly means we'll see how their relationship strengthen's between now in the comic and then in the game. Jax's variations should be interesting, good amount of potential.
gosoxtim
02/09/2015 06:49 PM (UTC)
i think this guy she intreast in either kung Jin or takeda?
JohnnyCage5
02/10/2015 12:10 AM (UTC)
Interesting that so many people immediately thought she'd be mowing box with Jacqui. Not sure why.

The flirtations between characters is definitely a charming way to progress the more cinematic story we get in these next gen games. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see chemistry between characters. Wonder if Cassie will chase like her father or make them work for it like her mother.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.