Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (54.2%)
Out of kredits. (45.7%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/13/2015 06:11 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X Kitana Concept Art Gallery

During the latest Kombat Kast live stream, NetherRealm Studios showed off a gallery of concept arts. Here are some of the designs for Kitana [click to enlarge]:

Mortal Kombat X Kitana Concept ArtMortal Kombat X Kitana Concept Art 2Mortal Kombat X Kitana Concept Art 3
Mortal Komabt X Kitana Concept Art 4Mortal Kombat X Kitana Concept Art 5Mortal Kombat X Kitana Concept Art 6

Kitana is a signature member of the Mortal Kombat roster, so we wanted to come up with something exciting and fresh for her look in Mortal Kombat X.

Past incarnations have tended to favor the royal qualities of the character over the warrior aspects, so we decided to reverse that for her costume. She has a stealthier, more ninja inspired design with blue as an accent color against the black parts of her costume.

Apparently past designs have focused on Kitana's "royal qualities". That's certainly an interesting way of putting it. We might argue that's what's been missing from Kitana's usually pared down designs, especially in the last few games.

Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick recently confirmed a plethora of opportunities for additional DLC skins for Mortal Kombat X. Could one of these be Kitana's? Register to share your favorites on the forum!

WeaponTheoryPosted: 02/12/2015 05:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::540
Kitana Concept Designs. Your favorite?

The recent Kast showed a selection of Kitana Concept Designs. While I am happy about the outcome of her primary outfit, but as for the concept designs, they look amazing. Her alternate, it's okay, not digging the loin cloth part.

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
Dragon Points:
The_TruthPosted: 02/12/2015 05:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::15768
Nationality::United States
RE: Kitana Concept Designs. Your favorite?

I'm still totally digging on her primary. There were some interesting concepts though...hopefully they make it in as DLC down the line.

photo beastmode copy_zpsp7yqozmh.jpg
targaryenprince777Posted: 02/12/2015 05:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::637

there were some really good ideas ... sadly, they've picked one of the blandest for her alt ... hopefully , she'll get some other , too...

Blade4693Posted: 02/12/2015 05:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

I like her primary the best, but I think her primary would have looked good with her alts hair.

mkmileenaPosted: 02/12/2015 05:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::4826

The primary. Most of them looks like they were a completely different character.

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

aaaaahhhhsharkPosted: 02/12/2015 05:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::1178
Nationality::Ireland

I was blown away by some of the designs,

The hooded one looked beautiful,

as did some of the later ones

Her alt is fine, but Its so much blander,which is a pity

DV805Posted: 02/12/2015 05:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::821

Her alternate is VERY plain. With the amount of detail put into her primary, her 2nd look is very underwhelming. I don't want to be too salty, though, hopefully it will look a lot better in game.

^This is a really good look for Kitana, and I'd actually love if they gave something like this to Mileena.

All the concept art for Kitana looks very cool, although I didn't really see how it would fit her. A lot of them were very sinister and revealing, and I think a lot of them would also look a lot better on Mileena.

I LOVED the hooded look, but I wasn't feeling it from the neck down on those two outfits.

somnambulistPosted: 02/12/2015 05:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::1191
Nationality::United Kingdom

In the first lot of designs, number 4 is really nice.

daryuiPosted: 02/12/2015 05:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::6111

Not liking the blue and silver combo.

I wanted another leotard. Something Like her MKDA unmasked, my favorite costume of hers.

The_TruthPosted: 02/12/2015 05:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::15768

I think I know why I wasn't digging the alternate as much now. I think the loin cloth was too wide in the front and back. It is kind of jarring because the upper portion is so slim that it just doesnt seem like it matches up. Then again it was concept art and actual execution may look different so...blah. Yeah, still love the primary.

photo beastmode copy_zpsp7yqozmh.jpg
SirojPosted: 02/12/2015 05:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium

Yeah, for me the hooded version of Kitana was the best one by far (especially the 2b variant). Don't really care for the current alt they have, but who knows... maybe it looks better ingame. :)

ChromePosted: 02/12/2015 05:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::16005
Nationality::Hungary

slutgarden.

I am wondering, Scorpion has been massively toned down from the sensory overload his primary was in MK9...

I wonder if her simple alt will stand out on her own.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
LokheitPosted: 02/12/2015 05:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

The white hood set is great IMO.

I think the one that they chose as an alt is really bland compared to most of those designs.

DV805Posted: 02/12/2015 05:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::821

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I hope they give a variation of this outfit to Mileena, it definitely looks like something she would have worn as the Queen of Outworld. It'd be a pretty badass alt.

oraclePosted: 02/12/2015 05:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::9432

Those last few sketches with like evil queen Kitana are dope. Throw some blue on those and I'm all for them.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maria_LindaPosted: 02/12/2015 05:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::136
Nationality::Antarctica

DV805 Wrote:

Those are huge, epik shoulder pads.

I am waiting for an official artbook, full of Mortal Kombat sketches.... where is it??? Nowhere, non-existent. Big book, at least 300 pages. I am waiting to buy this.

JAX007Posted: 02/12/2015 05:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

It looks like they at some point considered some sort of dark queen version of Kitana?

The concept art looks sick, they chose right with her primary, it's still my favourite.

Hope they show off more of these in future streams. I want an artbook.

Zero_JadePosted: 02/12/2015 05:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::714
Nationality::England

I absolutely love her primary, she looks better than ever imo.

Alt wise I think the one they chose was okay, but I would have gone with the hooded one on the left hand side. Hopefully the alt they have chosen looks better in game.

Maria_LindaPosted: 02/12/2015 05:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::136
Nationality::Antarctica

JAX007 Wrote:
I want an artbook.

Indeed, where the freak is the artbook? When will we purchase that mess in bookstores?

Street Fighter has 348756348756 artbooks. I am jealous of Street Fighter.

oraclePosted: 02/12/2015 05:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::9432

I actually really love the alt because I'm a fan of MK9 Kitana's primary. I loved the light blue and silver. Also I like the tiara.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
barakallPosted: 02/12/2015 05:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::1726

If you look at the description on their tumblr page, they say her royal side was always more present and now they brought her assassin side more to the forefront? What? They never ever made her seem royal and this is the first time they gave her some sort of royal garm and crown / jewel on her head.

The weirdest thing is how she looks asian in the concepts, even the alternate and does not look asian. Matter of fact, NRS seems to have trouble with getting the asian look down anyway. Only the old MK trilogy games, because of their lack of quality, as well as the actors they hired made Liu Kang at least look asian.

I think she looks okay though, they joked about the female look in previous games, were they referring to the stripper / over sexified look? Glad that is out, though I like the concept of her being kind of a queen. Could've used it as an alternate at least.

EmperorKahnPosted: 02/12/2015 06:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::2962

Her primary costume is my favorite for sure, I was a little underwhelmed when they showed her alternate costume. I did like the hair on her very first concept drawing in the first pic that they showed.

rainbowrabbitPosted: 02/12/2015 07:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::1711

DV805 Wrote:
Her alternate is VERY plain. With the amount of detail put into her primary, her 2nd look is very underwhelming. I don't want to be too salty, though, hopefully it will look a lot better in game.

^This is a really good look for Kitana, and I'd actually love if they gave something like this to Mileena.

All the concept art for Kitana looks very cool, although I didn't really see how it would fit her. A lot of them were very sinister and revealing, and I think a lot of them would also look a lot better on Mileena.

I LOVED the hooded look, but I wasn't feeling it from the neck down on those two outfits.

This one was my favorite. I wouldn't mind seeing it as her alternate instead of the one we're actually getting.

Blade4693Posted: 02/12/2015 07:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Glad they didn't give her the queen look, that should be for an actual queen, like Mileena ;)

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.