New Character Concept: RYOKO-HIKARI: The Stealth Ninja Assassin Goddess Of Light- You Gotta Read This!
posted04/08/2004 12:56 PM (UTC)by
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
Everyone was on about Ashrah being the goddess of Light and so I decided to make my own goddess of light. And I made her a ninja! Enjoy! (Please take the time to read this despite the length!)

Name: Ryoko-Hikari (Meaning: Force of Light)

Owner: tgrant

Sex: Female

Weight: Unknown

Height: Unknown

Race: God (Goddess)

Family: Unknown

Alignment: Good

Group: Earth warrior (Although she is unknown to all except Raiden)

Status/Occupation: Rogue Stealth Ninja Assassin Goddess. Destroys potential threats to Earth.

Eyes: White. She can make them glow and emit a visible light in order to light rooms and passages. Or she can produce a more powerful blast to temporarily blind the opponent. Her hands can also glow.

Hair: Details unknown. (Known to be a silvery colour to the deities.)

Look: Ryokos skins glows faintly (hardly ever noticeable.) In the day it has a gold/yellowish hue about it whilst it becomes silver at night. (Still working on a suitable art concept for her.)

Styles and weapons: Ryoko is trained in the way of the ninja assassin. Her godly abilities combined with her ninja training have rendered her a most formidable opponent. Due to training, her own godly strengths have been increased along with her powers. Her godly abilities have allowed her to take the training she has learnt and adapt it, making it more lethal and deadly. Adding her legendary stealth to all of this, Ryoko is the ultimate assassin!

Ryoko is trained in many ninja styles. She has learnt the unarmed fighting style, Tai-jutsu. She knows Ninjitsu and several other stances. In weapon training, she is skilled in Tessen-jutsu (steel fan), sai-jutsu (sai), staff and kama as well as being skilled with her own dagger weapon. Her weapon of choice (and the one she is most skilled with) is the Kyoujin-Hikari, which is also known as the Dagger of Light.

Ryoko sometimes uses the weapon known as the karasi-gama, which is a chain with a kama on one end and a spear tip on the other. It is a long-range weapon used in similar fashion to the nunchaku.

Ryoko also knows the sword fighting styles Kendo, Iaido, Fencing and Ninja-to.

Weapon of choice: The Dagger of Light (Kyoujin-Hikari): The evil destroying blade

The Dagger of Light is a weapon that is made from a mix of steel and light. The blade glows with a mysterious glow. Light can be seen flowing within the blade, appearing as a liquid metal mixed with light even though the blade itself is solid. The dagger holds the power of light and good within it. Because of this, evil can never wield it.

The dagger has the ability to heal, but it can only heal the good. This property makes it useful to expose traitors and potential evil persons. In order to heal, it must be placed over the wound. Also has advanced healing properties that can cure disease. It must make contact with the victims blood.

The dagger protects the wielder from dark magic, spells and curses. Can also be used to break spells and curses on others. Also, in Kombat, the dagger can absorb projectiles from the enemy. They are destroyed within the blades’ interior.

The Dagger of Light destroys evil in a unique way. It causes the victim to feel the pain and suffering they have inflicted upon others. Also, the victims focusing their vengeance into the blade causes more pain. It is this pain and vengeance, along with the pure good energy contained within the blade that kills the opponent. They die, consumed by the light of good. With the cry ‘Yami e kaere’ (Meaning: return to darkness), Ryoko will finish off her victim.

Powers: Wields the power of light and its force of good. Ryoko ability to manipulate light at will gives her incredibly powerful attacks. These include light beams, laser beams and heat beams. Ryoko can fly like the other gods and uses her ninja abilities to enable to glide at incredible speeds. Her ninja training has enhanced her fighting abilities to an extreme. She can also rebound off walls and has attacks/combos that involve using walls to her advantage.

Ryoko`s trademark ability is the one that has rendered her legend and unknown. Her ability to render herself completely invisible with no shadow has enabled her to become the deadly assassin that she is. Her stealth is matched no thing and no one!

Ryokos body absorbs sunlight like a plant does. In extreme sunlight (and intense light sources) her body powers up and becomes stronger and faster. Her already strong powers are made even more powerful and her most devastating attacks can be unleashed. At night, strong moonlight can give her a slight power increase also.

Special Moves:

Invisibility: Uses her powers of light manipulation to refract light away from her body rendering her completely invisible. (No shadow is cast, as light cannot hit the body at all. Refraction is the bending of light as it travels between different mediums – as in traveling from air to water. Ryoko bends light away from her body regardless of the medium, making her invisible and freeing herself of a shadow.) This lasts for a short amount of time. The time increases in extreme sunlight. Primarily used when assassinating a target. However, she cannot become invisible at night.

Flash: Creates a temporarily blinding flash. Allows for free attacks.

Teleport: The same as always!

Mirage: Ryoko uses light manipulation to create mirages and changes the opponents’ perspective of the arena and world around them to cloud their vision. Allows for free attacks.

Mirage 2: This time Ryoko uses the mirages to create copies of herself. Through careful light manipulation, she can fool the enemy into thinking there are many of her and have each mirage launch fake attacks whilst she attacks them.

Aurora Blast: A beam of light energy is fired at the opponent! (Projectile attack.)

Spectrum Blast: Powerful beams of light are released from Ryoko’s hands, however, these beams arc in a half circle and hit the enemy from the sides. (Like Shangs 3d fire) Because they curve, the light splits into rainbow colours!

Blitz Kick: Ryoko teleports behind the opponent, reappearing at head height. Ryoko brings her right foot across the left side of his/her face and then the same foot back across the other way (hitting with the heel this time.) Then for the final strike she quickly brings her left leg straight up (in a flip motion and still in the air) sending them sailing skyward. Ryoko lands just as the opponent is starting to fall back down leaving an easy juggle option open.

Extreme Speed: In a walled area, Ryoko uses the Dash attack to great effect. Moving at incredible speeds, she charges at the enemy but veers to the side, slashing them with her dagger as she passes them. Still running, she then immediately propels herself off a wall by performing a jumping spin kick and then launches herself back at the opponent for another attack. The wall jump is done two times. This move does three hits and in game would be done during a sidestep.

Super Attacks: (Only available in extreme sunlight.)

Light Speed Dash: (Unavoidable, except by deities) This dash attack sees Ryoko launching herself at the opponent at the speed of light, making this attack unavoidable and very powerful. Because of the speed of the attack, Ryoko can return to where she was stood before anyone even notices that she has moved.

Solar Beam: This is one of Ryokos most powerful attacks. In extreme sunlight, she can release a huge beam of focused sunlight energy. The beam can be split and directed towards multiple targets. (Only available in extreme sunlight.)

Fatalities: (Only one at the moment.)

See no more: Ryoko summons the powers of light and concentrates on her opponent. Their eyes begin to glow and they howl in pain. The light is really a concentrated, heated light. Ryoko stops and the light disappears revealing two scorched eyes. Ryoko takes her dagger and rams it into the opponent’s eyes, yanking them both out. She then slashes their throat and as they fall, she tosses the dagger into the air. As they land face down, the dagger lands in the back of their head.

Bio: Of all the deities of old, there is one unknown, an enigma. Her name is known only amongst the ancients. Her identity has been hidden from evil and as such, her skills and power have been regarded by the legions of evil as mere legend and superstition. And the legend of Ryoko-Hikari, the goddess of light, continues.

Bestowed with the powers of light and the ability to manipulate it at will, Ryoko-Hikari is one of the most powerful forces of good. It is this power that has kept her hidden and allowed her to strike fear into the very hearts of evil! This power is also the key to her most deadliest weapon – her stealth!

Ryoko uses stealth to overcome her enemies. Unlike most that would abuse her power, she has trained in the way of the ninja in order to enhance her abilities and be prepared to attack if exposed. And of course, her ninja skills help in her line of work – eliminating potential threats to Earth. This stealth has and her work has earned her the title of ‘The ArchAngel’ amongst the ranks of evil.

Because of her powers, Ryoko appointed herself as a rogue protector of Earth, a mercenary, despite the Elder Gods warnings. She would assassinate anyone who was destined to be a threat to Earth. Ryoko was not however permitted to eliminate anyone involved with the Mortal Kombat tournament. The Elder Gods forbade this. She was not to interfere. This one rule she followed, to show that she was still loyal to the Elder Gods. However, this rule was soon to be broken...

None of Ryokos victims ever lived once she had targeted them as a possible threat and chosen to destroy them. (None had lived to tell what she looked like.) However, the man known as Mavado had evaded her, simply by becoming involved with the tournament. Ryoko recalled how one other person had evaded her by doing the same thing - a man called Kano. She is now angered that her targets are eluding her. She will enter the fray and hunt them both down at any cost. Although she would enter the battle for Earth to kill Mavado and Kano, she would soon find her mission would change.

Upon entering the tournament, Ryoko would reveal herself to all. Her appearance would strike fear into the many evil hearts surrounding the tournament. The many stories of her exploits would come back to haunt them. She would take pleasure in their fear.

As for Raiden and the earth warriors, fighting alongside them would be for the greater good. Her enigmatic lifestyle would soon be unveiled and tossed aside and all would know her name.

My thanks to TomTaz for allowing me to use the Blitz Kick special move on Ryoko.

And thanks to nindz who gave me the styles and weapons (with the exception ot the Dagger of Light) to use to make Ryoko authentic.
UltimoDragon
04/02/2004 09:37 PM (UTC)
kool, on a scale of 1-10,id give it a 9.grin
Dark_No0B
04/02/2004 09:40 PM (UTC)
Very nice, her special attacks are awesome, and her styles seem to fit her to. Her description matches her personallity alot.

9/10.
Daemos
About Me

The Ultimate Embodiment of Evil

04/02/2004 09:48 PM (UTC)
Dude you honestly have waaay too much time on your hands creating these characters that will NEVER make it into an MK game. I'm being very serious, you're putting waaay too much effort in the wrong places.
tgrant
About Me

04/02/2004 09:49 PM (UTC)

UltimoDragon Wrote:
kool, on a scale of 1-10,id give it a 9.

Thanks alot man. I'm really glad you liked this. I spent a lot of time and this and I'm glad it was recieved well.
tgrant
About Me

04/02/2004 09:54 PM (UTC)

Dark_No0B Wrote:
Very nice, her special attacks are awesome, and her styles seem to fit her to. Her description matches her personallity alot.

9/10.

Thanks alot man! I like her special attacks too although I thought they wouldn't be liked that much. And her personality just came out. I didn't realise she actually had one until Kombat read her bio. Her styles I was given by nindz. He told me what styles a nija trained in so I decided to make her as authentic as possible. I'm really glad you liked it!
M-Scorpion
About Me

No special name edited MK signature, but hey.... I don't give a f00k.

04/02/2004 10:07 PM (UTC)

Daemos Wrote:
Dude you honestly have waaay too much time on your hands creating these characters that will NEVER make it into an MK game. I'm being very serious, you're putting waaay too much effort in the wrong places.

Yeah, and you're putting waaay too much effort into being an asshole. Which is not needed.
Daemos
About Me

04/02/2004 10:14 PM (UTC)

M-Scorpion Wrote:

Daemos Wrote:

Yeah, and you're putting waaay too much effort into being an asshole. Which is not needed.

Oh shut up. I'm merely stating my opinion on the matter, don't like it? Then don't ask for it.
M-Scorpion
About Me

No special name edited MK signature, but hey.... I don't give a f00k.

04/02/2004 10:18 PM (UTC)

Daemos Wrote:

M-Scorpion Wrote:

Daemos Wrote:

Oh shut up. I'm merely stating my opinion on the matter, don't like it? Then don't ask for it.

K, but i didn't grin
tgrant
About Me

04/02/2004 10:27 PM (UTC)

Daemos Wrote:

Dude, I create these characters because I enjoy doing so. If they ended up in MK I'd be one of the happiest guys ever. What you said may be the case but that won't stop me from doing them. I like writing them and enjoy discovering new ways of adding to the MK world as well as discovering how my imagination will let me create something new. My effort will stay in these for as long as I choose to do them.
Daemos
About Me

04/02/2004 10:39 PM (UTC)

tgrant Wrote:
Daemos Wrote:

Dude, I create these characters because I enjoy doing so. If they ended up in MK I'd be one of the happiest guys ever. What you said may be the case but that won't stop me from doing them. I like writing them and enjoy discovering new ways of adding to the MK world as well as discovering how my imagination will let me create something new. My effort will stay in these for as long as I choose to do them.

Do what makes you happy then. :)
MPetrie
04/02/2004 11:25 PM (UTC)
*barfs*
TomTaz
About Me

"Retirement my ass!"

04/03/2004 12:57 AM (UTC)
Tgrant I love this concept. This is a very cool character and my Blitz kick I think really fits her. Cool. I love it. grin
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
04/03/2004 01:44 AM (UTC)
Dude, this is awesome. Love the moves, love the style. You have a gift, use it.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

04/03/2004 03:26 AM (UTC)
This bio can be summed up in one word:
Absolutely Brilliant!

OK, that's two words.
tgrant
About Me

04/03/2004 09:28 AM (UTC)

TomTaz Wrote:
Tgrant I love this concept. This is a very cool character and my Blitz kick I think really fits her. Cool. I love it.

Thanks alot man. I'm glad you like the concept and thanks again for allowing me to use the Blitz Kick. That move is great!

mpetrie: What was that barf about?

Daemos: I will! Don't worry.
Omega Supreme
About Me

There are three rules for doing scientific research. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.

04/03/2004 11:17 AM (UTC)
Interesting and detailed character concept, but wouldn't she be a bit overpowered, no?

As a quick sideremark, I'd like to see more evil or neutral Gods (if any) in MK. We all have to admit that Shinnok was a very poor villain... Shao Kahn was three times more impressive and Shang Tsung was three times more cunning ;).

Cheers,
VQ
tgrant
About Me

04/03/2004 02:11 PM (UTC)

SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
Dude, this is awesome. Love the moves, love the style. You have a gift, use it.

Thankyou very much, man! smile I'm so happy you liked the concept. And I hope to begin a new concept when time allows it.
UltimateRyu
04/03/2004 04:00 PM (UTC)
Awesome character idea and story, 10/10. That should be the concept for Ashrah. Shes looks like a ninja goddess of light. It would be cool if Boon had a create a character contest for MK6 or MK7 where he would choose one entry and actually make it into a playable character in that game. I actually think this will happen for MK7.
Cyborg_wolf
04/03/2004 06:06 PM (UTC)
She sounds really kool and all, but, honestly, i think it would be a pain to fight her. I mean, she would kill you before you even got the chance to hit her!! Where is the fun in that? If she was not so damn overpowered i would say 9/10, but, right now i say 8/10. Kool Kharakter.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
04/03/2004 06:11 PM (UTC)
I also made a character called Hatsuma, he's three links down. Like him or not, just give me some feed back.Ryoko is still an awesome character.
tgrant
About Me

04/03/2004 10:56 PM (UTC)

]0MBAT Wrote:
This bio can be summed up in one word:
Absolutely Brilliant!

OK, that's two words.

Lol Thanks alot Kombat. I know how much you love this idea! I’m glad you liked it so much!

VainQueur Wrote:
Interesting and detailed character concept, but wouldn't she be a bit overpowered, no?

As a quick sideremark, I'd like to see more evil or neutral Gods (if any) in MK. We all have to admit that Shinnok was a very poor villain... Shao Kahn was three times more impressive and Shang Tsung was three times more cunning ;).

Cheers,
VQ

She is powerful, but if she were ever used in game or in a story, you wouldn’t use everything would you? I hope you liked her, despite her power. I’d like to start work on a villains concept. I’ve done three Earth warriors so a change of direction would be great.

ultimateryu Wrote:
Awesome character idea and story, 10/10. That should be the concept for Ashrah. Shes looks like a ninja goddess of light. It would be cool if Boon had a create a character contest for MK6 or MK7 where he would choose one entry and actually make it into a playable character in that game. I actually think this will happen for MK7.

Thankyou so much, dude! It’d be really cool if Ashrah had this concept. This is my fave of all the bios I’ve done and it took a lot of work. I like the idea of that contest. Given that Ryoko has been received so well, I’d probably enter her.

queve
04/04/2004 02:36 AM (UTC)
Definitely your best Tgrant!!!!

I LOVE this character so much! I think the most original things about her are:

-The dagger of light (duh!) Your ideas on how it cures, defends and kills are awesome!

-Her ability to increase her powers when she is in light. I love the way you explained this. It could work very cool in some levels of the game. Imagine for example the Ying Yang level. She would be very powerful in the side of “light” but loose some strength in the side of “dark”.

I love that. Like I told you before, the way you started her bio was perfect. Awesome character concept and IMO its your best so far.

Excellent!!!! 10/10
tgrant
About Me

04/04/2004 01:51 PM (UTC)

Cyborg_wolf Wrote:
She sounds really kool and all, but, honestly, i think it would be a pain to fight her. I mean, she would kill you before you even got the chance to hit her!! Where is the fun in that? If she was not so damn overpowered i would say 9/10, but, right now i say 8/10. Kool Kharakter.

Thanks man. I know she is powerful, but no one would give her all her options and power in game. And maybe not in a story either. The way I see it is, that all the characters in the MK games are more powerful than they seem. The game holds back their strengths. In reality, they would be so much stronger. I guess I base my concepts on the reality rather than giving in game restrictions and limits.. I like people to see their full potentials.

SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
I also made a character called Hatsuma, he's three links down. Like him or not, just give me some feed back.Ryoko is still an awesome character.

I’ve checked your character and he is very cool and original! I love the concept! And thanks again!

queve Wrote:
Definitely your best Tgrant!!!!

I LOVE this character so much! I think the most original things about her are:

-The dagger of light (duh!) Your ideas on how it cures, defends and kills are awesome!

-Her ability to increase her powers when she is in light. I love the way you explained this. It could work very cool in some levels of the game. Imagine for example the Ying Yang level. She would be very powerful in the side of “light” but loose some strength in the side of “dark”.

I love that. Like I told you before, the way you started her bio was perfect. Awesome character concept and IMO its your best so far.

Excellent!!!! 10/10

LOL Thanks Queve! The dagger was just a sudden thought turned into reality! The powers for it came shortly after. And the death was creative, but took awhile to think of. I was inspired by the series Charmed. I’m really glad you like Ryoko and am so glad she was recieved so well!

I like that idea of her powering up on the ‘light’ Ying Yang level and then losing power on the ‘dark’ side! That would be so cool! I’m glad you like the bio man. Thanks again!

noob_sareena
About Me
"Goddamn the torpedoes.
It's time to run away with the sideshow.
Full speed, right ahead.
Don't stop, you can sleep when you're dead."
04/04/2004 09:20 PM (UTC)
ok now, to be honest, she is just too powerful, even though she is a goddess, she has too much power, if all that would be in just use one move and boom, opponent is dead, wouldnt necarrily be fair, though her story is good, and the rest is good, but she does seem a bit too dependent on that light dagger of such, but i soppuse it is good, another prhase you could of used is hikari are which means in japanese let there be light! which could fit, but i soppuse she is good enough as it is, im saying eight and a half out of ten.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.