Darksiders 3 announcement imminent?
posted03/02/2015 05:02 AM (UTC)by
RyanSeabass
Hey fellas, any Darksiders fans out there? I saw an article posted today on Gamnesia about the former director of the Darksiders series teasing the announcement of a a new game with his new studio. Reading between the lines of the two teased photos and the hashtags, it sure looks like Darksiders 3 is going to be announced Thursday, Feb 26th. ( I wish I could link the article, but I'm a noob when it comes to these things).

If I turn out to be right, then what a glorious day it will be. A new MK stream showing off re-vamped brutalities and the announcement of another chapter in one of my personal favorite franchises. Fingers crossed I'm correct!
MacyG88
02/24/2015 11:46 AM (UTC)
Don't toy with my emotions...

...Just...don't...

*strokes framed picture of Death*
Darkhound74
02/24/2015 06:05 PM (UTC)
I will probably be kicked out of class if it was ever announced during that time lol.

The HYPE would be phenomenal!!!!
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

02/24/2015 10:57 PM (UTC)
I certainly wouldn't mind. Darksiders II was great!

Realistically, it may just be them announcing the enhanced version for 2, properly.
RyanSeabass
02/27/2015 09:56 AM (UTC)
Sorry guys, I was wrong. Turns out the game is called "Battle Chasers" which was originally a comic book from the creator of Darksiders before he took up a career in video games. Hopefully it turns out great and Darksiders 3 will be the following project.
Blade4693
02/28/2015 04:50 PM (UTC)
I would be really happy with a Darksiders 3 , the first two were awesome games IMO.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

03/01/2015 05:58 AM (UTC)
This is probably the news that was hinted at: Darksiders 2 Definitive Edition Next gen.

The article also states that the new studio who owns darksiders, has stated that Darksiders 2 was absurdly over budget at $50 million, and that they don't plan on investing that kind of money into any potential futures games in the series.

I'd say Darksiders is pretty much as good as dead. This definitive edition of Darksiders 2 is nothing more than a cash grab, with all the recent ports from other studios.
RyanSeabass
03/02/2015 05:02 AM (UTC)
Kabal20 Wrote:
This is probably the news that was hinted at: Darksiders 2 Definitive Edition Next gen.

The article also states that the new studio who owns darksiders, has stated that Darksiders 2 was absurdly over budget at $50 million, and that they don't plan on investing that kind of money into any potential futures games in the series.

I'd say Darksiders is pretty much as good as dead. This definitive edition of Darksiders 2 is nothing more than a cash grab, with all the recent ports from other studios.

The bottom of that article stated that Darksiders creator Joe Madureira said Nordic Games games is very committed to continuing the Darksiders franchise. They did spend almost $5 million to attain the rights to Darksiders and several other much less popular franchises, so I doubt they'll just release a definitive edition of Darksiders 2 on new gen systems and call it a day. Nordic is going to publish Battle Chasers, so they're already working together with Joe's new studio and that's a great sign. Unfortunately that means Darksiders 3 got pushed back a few years. It's gonna happen, but it's going to be a longer wait than expected. sad
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.