Who take the remaining spots?
posted03/15/2015 07:02 PM (UTC)by
menumber3
So I'm personally curious about who else makes it into the game and often look up things to see what people think. However, I've been wondering why there isn't more use of the Factions feature in order to whittle the possibilities down.

They've stated that there will be about 24-30 kombatants and that there are 5 Factions in the game. I would imagine, that in order to make the system work these Factions would have to be pretty even and balanced if not completely so. To do so I would imagine they would need about 4-6 fighters in each Organized Faction. So, with that I organized where I think we stand as of now, but I don't necessarily know where they'll group them so any help would be appreciated. Feel free to rearrange and theorize who takes the spots etc. I arranged in groups of 5 but made other notes of where I'm uncertain etc.

Special Forces
1. Cassie Cage
2. Jac Briggs
3. Kung Jin
4. Takeda
5. ----?

Black Dragon
1. Kano
2. D'Vorrah
3. Ermac
4. Reptile
5. Kotal Khan
*6.----? Erron Black?*
(If, as many suggest, Erron Black is to be playable, then he'd have to be with Kano (Comics). and Black was seen in the trailer with Kotal Krew so I'd imagine this faction would look like this. But if the factions are even, this would suggest a total of 30 characters)

White Lotus
1. Raiden
2. Kung Lao
3. Kitana
4.---?
5.---?

Brotherhood of Shadow
1. Quan Chi
2. Mileena*
3. Ferra/Torr*
4. ---?
5. ---?
(Not sure if Ferra/Torr should be in here and same goes for Mileena if she's even playable. But given that Kotal-Dvorrah-Reptile-Ermac-Erron Black-Kano all seem to be aligned in the trailer, I'd assume this is the other side of that coin)

Lin Kuei
1. Sub-Zero
2. ---?
3. ---?
4. ---?
5. ---?
(The Lin Kuei seems to have the most room for additions)

*Scorpion--- no idea where to put him
*Goro--- same deal, no idea, nor do i know if he needs placing. might not be part of the factions considering he is a bonus

Given these spots I would say the idea of putting Jax, Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi etc. in the mix would severely unbalance the Special Forces Crew. You could throw them in with either of the other 2 "good" factions but idk that that would make a lot of sense. They could just throw them in with the lin kuei, but that would seem like a poor title for a faction if they did so.

So I think aside from Kung Lao, the parents might not be in the game.

From there we have these possible kharacters, that based on the spots remaining I think could be thrown in, assuming Erron Black & Mileena already count.

Smoke- Lin Kuei has a lot of room

Rain

Reiko

Fujin- White Lotus has a few spots and he fits in

Liu Kang - Also room for him in WL

Cyrax/Sektor - I don't see it, but the Lin Kuei has a ton of room based on how I'm seeing it.

Frost -- Another of the few Lin Kuei I know to exist, also she's in the comics etc.

Havik

Yada yada yada. I'm interested to read thoughts and edits to this notion, still a bunch of possibilities even if this rule of balance between the factions is part of the game.

Cages_Shades
About Me
Props to MINION
03/02/2015 11:59 PM (UTC)
The factions have nothing to do with the actual roster

you can use anyone

Factions are mostly just an online clan, nothing more.

so not every character in MKX will be in one of the 5 factions, in fact most arn't
menumber3
03/03/2015 08:49 PM (UTC)
Interesting. Well there goes my whole basis. Lol. Darnit
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

03/15/2015 07:02 PM (UTC)
Full roster has been revealed probably except Liu Kang. That's a wrap.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.