No Gamestop Midnight release for this guy :(
posted03/11/2015 04:45 PM (UTC)by
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

Startling news from my local Gamestop NO Midnight release due to poor sales.

Back Story I live on Fort Carson Army base with about 28,000 Soldiers(Counting family members population is around 70,000)

The manager is a huge Mortal Kombat fanatic and gave me some interesting facts.

At this time for MK9 and Injustice

Pre Orders
MKX 38
MK9 112
Injustice 96

Kollectors Edition

MKX 4 (3 X Xbox One, 1 X PS4)
MK9 39
Injustice 31

Is the bad marketing or time between information that is hurting game sales?

I bring this up so just incase your local store isn't doing a Midnight release it's not to late to switch to another store.

I just switched to a store 20 miles away and I'll be kicking your asses on Day one

gringringrin

I'm interested to see what the numbers are in your area.
Cages_Shades
About Me
Props to MINION
03/11/2015 02:35 AM (UTC)
I have a feeling pre-orders will skyrocket in april

i actually havent even pre-ordered yet lol, im waiting till i buy my ps4 which im doing in april
JaymzHetfield
03/11/2015 02:36 AM (UTC)
I don't think MKX will do/is doing poorly, and the marketing machine has been pretty much in full force since January.

People are just generally more down on preorders than they were 3 years ago, and when they announced Goro as a preorder bonus a lot of people resisted/resented it. I haven't preordered yet personally.

In terms of marketing the game has been huge, and it's crossgen. The special editions sold out almost immediately. I wouldn't worry about how the game is doing based on preorders personally, but it does suck they were too low to warrant a midnight release.
Dantesd94
03/11/2015 03:06 AM (UTC)
Cages_Shades Wrote:
I have a feeling pre-orders will skyrocket in april

i actually havent even pre-ordered yet lol, im waiting till i buy my ps4 which im doing in april

Same here!!
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

03/11/2015 03:14 AM (UTC)
Pretty sure the 2 gamestops I live by are gonna do a midnight release. I kinda wanna go just so I can try the game buuuuuuut I don't have it preordered nor am I buying it so I would look like an idiot.
Hattoris
03/11/2015 03:30 AM (UTC)
I would've done a midnight release (I'm sure the Gamestop in Annapolis Mall where I pre-ordered MK9 will do one), but since I pre-ordered the Amazon exclusive edition... looks like I'm just waiting for my delivery that day.
Gillbob316
03/11/2015 03:34 AM (UTC)
This is complete speculation on my part... with no basis in anything but guesswork... but could part of it also be the console generation switch?

A lot of people haven't made the transition to Xbox One or PS4 yet, and while I know the game is being released on 360 and PS3, a lot of people don't like buying the "inferior" version, and would rather just hold out for the good one and/or play it at that one friend who has a new console's house, lol.

Few generations earlier, but I never owned MK4, for instance, because I waited out a Dreamcast and MKG. Rented MK4 in the meantime, for my old PS1 in the interim.

Wheras MK9 and Injustice released on well established consoles.
Windy_Thunderstorm
About Me

This beautiful sig was made by MINION.

03/11/2015 04:36 AM (UTC)
I noticed a lot of people online say that they can never find mkx comics at their local cbs and that they sell out on the first day in a few hours. Yet, over here where I live, we only get 10 copies and they still manage to have like 2 left when I show up on Saturday.

I know we're talking about the games but it seems like when it comes to sales, sometimes certain areas just don't do well for some reason. Maybe that's the case with your local Gamestop.
Adam Ronin
03/11/2015 04:44 AM (UTC)
Could also be because MANY people have shifted to digital only (myself included). Not all of course, but many. That hurts GameStop and physical media pre orders.
predac0n
03/11/2015 05:19 AM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
Could also be because MANY people have shifted to digital only (myself included). Not all of course, but many. That hurts GameStop and physical media pre orders.

This people now a days can't be bothered to jump in their car to drive to their local gameshop anymore they rather just put in some credit card info and download away without having to leave the comfort of their couch.

I sprung for the Gamestop Limited Edition MKX myself though. Not sure if they are having a midnight release though regardless I work at that time so i'll be picking up my copy the following morning anyways.
Lokheit
03/11/2015 09:54 AM (UTC)
You know who has midnight release?

Steam!! All hail lord Gabe Newell and the PC Master Race!!

(and the lack of money for both a PS4 AND a computer that can run new generation games :P)
RainMKX
03/11/2015 10:08 AM (UTC)
BADASS6669 Wrote:
Startling news from my local Gamestop NO Midnight release due to poor sales.

Back Story I live on Fort Carson Army base with about 28,000 Soldiers(Counting family members population is around 70,000)

The manager is a huge Mortal Kombat fanatic and gave me some interesting facts.

At this time for MK9 and Injustice

Pre Orders
MKX 38
MK9 112
Injustice 96

Kollectors Edition

MKX 4 (3 X Xbox One, 1 X PS4)
MK9 39
Injustice 31

Is the bad marketing or time between information that is hurting game sales?

I bring this up so just incase your local store isn't doing a Midnight release it's not to late to switch to another store.

I just switched to a store 20 miles away and I'll be kicking your asses on Day one

gringringrin

I'm interested to see what the numbers are in your area.

they can probably thank all those roster worries for that. however, if the roster is bigger and not crap like we "know" as of now, the sales will hit the sky indeed. plus, pre-ordering doesn't mean much, maybe not many are interested in goro in your area but if they see his gameplay at some point they can get him as DLC
PfrChaos
03/11/2015 04:45 PM (UTC)
Reptile_896 Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

This people now a days can't be bothered to jump in their car to drive to their local gameshop anymore they rather just put in some credit card info and download away without having to leave the comfort of their couch.

I sprung for the Gamestop Limited Edition MKX myself though. Not sure if they are having a midnight release though regardless I work at that time so i'll be picking up my copy the following morning anyways.

I had the gamestop premium edition pre ordered,
was $99 + tax so was going to cost me around $107,

Then noticed PS store had the ps4 premium edition for $80.99 so ordered it, it's the first digital game I have bought,
I figured saving $26 was worth it, only thing I lose is the gamestop cold war scorpion skin, I'm not a scorpion fan that skin isn't worth $26 to me
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.