Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 03/12/2015 02:28 AMStatus ::
Enter: Sub-Zero - New Character Render & Mini-Bio

Klassic kombatants and a new generation of warriors enter the battle in Mortal Kombat X! Amazon.com has unleashed a new wave of character renders and mini-bios for the playable roster. Learn more as Sub-Zero enters the spotlight!

Click to Enlarge

Sub-Zero
Kuai Liang and his older brother Bi-Han served the Lin Kuei assassin clan faithfully until the first Mortal Kombat tournament. There Bi-Han, code-named Sub-Zero, was killed by the demon Scorpion. Kuai Liang assumed the Sub-Zero mantle and went to Outworld to find his brother's killer.

Mortal Kombat X arrives for PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC April 14th and PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 June 30th! Pre-order now to receive day one access to download fighter: Goro!

Click the render image to view it full size. Register to find and discuss more character spotlights on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

etuiseePosted: 03/12/2015 02:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::792
Nationality::United States
RE: Enter: Sub-Zero - New Character Render & Mini-Bio

This one makes that johnny cage render look kinda sloppy

mkwhopperPosted: 03/12/2015 02:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::4512

GG Bi Han believers.

Darkhound74Posted: 03/12/2015 02:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::5377

I wonder if he has enough kunai?

photo darkhoundsig_zps0f1vqozf.gif
Thanks MINION
Rockchalk5477Posted: 03/12/2015 02:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::12960

Darkhound74 Wrote:

It's not a secret that Sub-Zero has the absolute worst hand-eye coordination of all in the Lin Kuei.

That's why he has to carry 16 daggers and 4 shuriken around as insurance.
-----
Wow.

So stab.
Very leather.
Much ice.

Wow.

Darkhound74Posted: 03/12/2015 02:55 AMStatus ::

Rockchalk5477 Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:

It's not a secret that Sub-Zero has the absolute worst hand-eye coordination of all in the Lin Kuei.

That's why he has to carry 16 daggers and 4 shuriken around as insurance.

Hahaha. His eyes are a dead giveaway.

Thanks MINION
etuiseePosted: 03/12/2015 03:01 AMStatus ::

Wait a second im confused, i think. So this is Kuai Liang, who became Cyber Sub Zero in mk9 but was killed by Sindel. Now hes back to being regular Sub Zero?

FerraTorrPosted: 03/12/2015 03:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::179

etuisee Wrote:
Wait a second im confused, i think. So this is Kuai Liang, who became Cyber Sub Zero in mk9 but was killed by Sindel. Now hes back to being regular Sub Zero?

Yeah, I still can't figure out how the fuck that happened. I'm sure it will be explained in story mode though.

Props to MINION for making this sig.
Reptile_896Posted: 03/12/2015 03:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::1477

SO.MUCH.LEATHER.

SO.MUCH.KUNAI

His primary just feels like complete overkill i'm really not digging it at all. thank the elder gods for the unmasked alt.

Darkhound74Posted: 03/12/2015 03:08 AMStatus ::

FerraTorr Wrote:
etuisee Wrote:

Yeah, I still can't figure out how the fuck that happened. I'm sure it will be explained in story mode though.

I'm sure Quan Chi can mold souls as he sees fit. I mean Hanzo was nude and BOOM.....Scorpion outfit.

Thanks MINION
etuiseePosted: 03/12/2015 03:09 AMStatus ::

FerraTorr Wrote:
etuisee Wrote:

Ooooh ok thanks, yeah I'm sure they'll explain. Shit they better

FerraTorrPosted: 03/12/2015 03:09 AMStatus ::

Reptile_896 Wrote:
SO.MUCH.LEATHER.

SO.MUCH.KUNAI

His primary just feels like complete overkill i'm really not digging it at all. thank the elder gods for the unmasked alt.

Do we know for sure this is the primary? Are these renders supposed to all be the primary outfits?

I agree, btw. The maskless outfit is a thousand times better; which is why I am hoping it is actually the primary.

Reptile_896Posted: 03/12/2015 03:33 AMStatus ::

@FerraTorr

That's the thing we don't know for sure i'm just speculating at this point. I'd like to think the "masked version" will always be the primary though. That's held true for almost all of SZ's appearances except for MK3 and Deadly Alliance.

Similar to Reptile & Scorpion in MKX though we know for a fact that Reptile's maskless costume is his alt, same goes for the Hanzo skin. I'm just assuming it applies to all the ninjas at this point.

FerraTorrPosted: 03/12/2015 04:23 AMStatus ::

Reptile_896 Wrote:
@FerraTorr

That's the thing we don't know for sure i'm just speculating at this point. I'd like to think the "masked version" will always be the primary though. That's held true for almost all of SZ's appearances except for MK3 and Deadly Alliance.

Similar to Reptile & Scorpion in MKX though we know for a fact that Reptile's maskless costume is his alt, same goes for the Hanzo skin. I'm just assuming it applies to all the ninjas at this point.

I think we're past the palette swap days. I really hope themasked version is not his primary to help set him apart.

...also, I think Ermac's primary is the first one they revealed, where he doesn't have a mask, just the hood.

Although I like the classic masked Sub-Zero, I actually kind of prefer Kuai Liang unmasked. I always loved how he looked in MK3 but in Deadly Alliance especially. Loved the aged, maskless Subby in that game and his maskless costume in this game reminds me of his look in DA.

PickleMendipPosted: 03/12/2015 04:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

This bio tells us NOTHING new. That's disappointing. Also what's disappointing is EB's 'cryptic' hint in June to a new generation of SubZeros, just to bring back the old one.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
Spider804Posted: 03/12/2015 04:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::6938

That was obviously just Boon fucking with people like usual

Reptile_896Posted: 03/12/2015 04:56 AMStatus ::

Spider804 Wrote:
That was obviously just Boon fucking with people like usual

Boon is the master of fuckery I don't know why people continue be shocked when he says something about MK will be one way then it turns out to be another or the way it was before he suggested a change.

You have to understand he does it to keep the hype train rolling. Sugest something get people speculating. Suddenly you don't have to pay for marketing the game practically markets itself!

"get ready MKX will be a whole new generation of MK"

>proceeds to reveal roster is basically MK1 & MK2 roster with 8 newbies thrown in.

>War never changes, neither does MK

SpacemanPosted: 03/12/2015 05:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::2136

Love his primary, its gotta be my favorite in the game so far.

I knew Bi Han wouldn't make it in as Sub Zero (as cool as that'd be). Not even as an alt. Looks like Noob is still MIA. I'm happy to still have Noob and Kuai Liang tho.

whatuknowaboutMK?Posted: 03/12/2015 06:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

This Scorpion and Sub-Zero business is very confusing. It's almost like MKII all over again.

Winter is Coming A Lanister always pays his debts You know nothing Jon Snow! We do not sow! Valar Morghulis
LokheitPosted: 03/12/2015 08:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

I really like both his primary (best masked ninja design for him IMO) and his secondary (the MK3 design with a beard :D). If we can get his Cryomancer Armor back, we will have all his best designs in a single game! :D

About how he returned to "flesh" form: The same way Scorpion isn't just a head floating around with his spine hangling. Dead, resurrection, new body. I guess Quan Chi decided Jax would be more useful to him with the metal arms so he kept them, but Sub-Zero was actually more powerful on his original form (specially since the cyber form could be taken by Lin Kuei programing) so he resurrected him with no implants.

MoshmellowPosted: 03/12/2015 12:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::55

FerraTorr Wrote:
etuisee Wrote:

I honestly think they just retconned it. It was a stupid idea anyways, and virtually nobody liked it. We all knew they'd reverse it next game. I don't know why people are surprised now. I'm sure it's just one of those "a wizard did it" moments. And by wizard, I mean Quan Chi. First chapter of the story mode, you fight revenant Sub and Scorpion. Quan probably gave him his body back as a part of his whole "no no no, I'm your friend >:)" shtick he's always playing with everyone.

frabnPosted: 03/15/2015 01:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

What a lazy Bio. Every other character has a very descriptive bio, and Sub-Zero has his MK9 bio rehashed.

NRS really does not give two shits about Sub, do they? He's been the whipping boy of the franchise since they first announced MK9.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
PickleMendipPosted: 03/15/2015 06:27 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

Moshmellow Wrote:I honestly think they just retconned it. It was a stupid idea anyways, and virtually nobody liked it. We all knew they'd reverse it next game. I don't know why people are surprised now. I'm sure it's just one of those "a wizard did it" moments. And by wizard, I mean Quan Chi. First chapter of the story mode, you fight revenant Sub and Scorpion. Quan probably gave him his body back as a part of his whole "no no no, I'm your friend >:)" shtick he's always playing with everyone.

I really don't think there will be ZERO explanation (lol) concerning Cyber to human transformation.

Side note: At this point i really have no idea what Lucy Lawless is more famous for: Xena, Spartacus, or those four words, "A wizard did it."
I'm guessing the latter.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.