Best New Feature POLL
posted05/04/2015 05:37 PM (UTC)by
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

What do you think is the best new feature in MKX? List them in order

1. Brutalities - the thrill of pulling one off online is epic!
2. Living Towers - add so much replay value
3. Interactive Backgrounds - just the right amount
4. Variations - Great idea but as predicted most gamers will pick the one they like and stick with it. All the time they spent balancing these could have been spent on:

1. More Arenas
2. Stage Fatalities
3. More Characters
4. More Story Mode Chapters
Blade4693
05/03/2015 07:37 PM (UTC)
I know this isn't an option, but for me its the improved gameplay. I know that's not a new feature and not everyone agrees with it to begin with, but I feel like its worth mentioning, I like the gameplay better than MK9 and Injustice, its just right.
ReptzMK
05/03/2015 07:40 PM (UTC)
BADASS6669 Wrote:

What do you think is the best new feature in MKX? List them in order

1. Brutalities - the thrill of pulling one off online is epic!
2. Living Towers - add so much replay value
3. Interactive Backgrounds - just the right amount
4. Variations - Great idea but as predicted most gamers will pick the one they like and stick with it. All the time they spent balancing these could have been spent on:

1. More Arenas
2. Stage Fatalities
3. More Characters
4. More Story Mode Chapters

1. Brutalities are definitely my favorite element of MKX.
2. Variations are a welcome addition imo. Sure folks may find one they like a stick with it...but, isn't that kind of the point? If you like Scorpion, but find that he doesn't suit your playstyle, and sans variations, you're kind of out of luck. At least with variations, there's three ways to play a character, giving you a much better chance of being able to play your favorite character in a style that fits you.

Plus, at least for me, it has encouraged me to play some characters that I never would have touched in previous MK games (like, say, Kano).

3. Living towers are great, and at least keep me coming back for more.

4. Interactive Environments I could take or leave.

Would have loved to see more Arenas. The current amount is just enough to keep my interested, but just few enough to make me notice. If they had added maybe two more, I would probably have been fine with the arenas.

Overall, MKX is the best MK I've played to date. Great job NRS. glasses
newt27
05/03/2015 08:29 PM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:
I know this isn't an option, but for me its the improved gameplay. I know that's not a new feature and not everyone agrees with it to begin with, but I feel like its worth mentioning, I like the gameplay better than MK9 and Injustice, its just right.

I couldn't agree more! That said:

1. Variations- Has a lot to do with game play! I don't think it was implemented perfectly by any means, but I still thoroughly enjoy it, and it adds a lot of depth to some of the characters.

2. Living Towers! The brutalities are awesome but I do like the replay value and leader boards on the living towers.

3. Brutalities

4. Stage interactions- I like em but they don't seem too special.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

05/04/2015 05:18 AM (UTC)
what's funny is that the site poll is now the same as this, except "Microtransactions" is one of the choices.

What fucking moron would pick microtransactions as a best feature?
sickoftakenusernames
About Me

The MK Gods on dA

Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets

05/04/2015 05:26 PM (UTC)
frabn Wrote:
what's funny is that the site poll is now the same as this, except "Microtransactions" is one of the choices.

What fucking moron would pick microtransactions as a best feature?

When I voted yesterday the bottom three options were all at 0% so I'm praying to the Elder Gods it's trolls clicking the microtransactions option

Digressing, the Brutalities are fantastic additions to the game. Some of them feel more satisfying than the fatalities (i.e. Raiden, Kung Lao)

It's not an option either, but honestly, I just wanna say I think the character design this time around is one of the game's strongest features. Kitana, Mileena, Kung Jin, Tanya, countless others - their looks are just so solid. NRS outdid themselves on that front.

I also like that they brought running back. Makes gameplay much more frantic and exciting.
KungLaodoesntsuck
05/04/2015 05:37 PM (UTC)
1. Variations.

A brand new idea will never be perfect on its first try, and variations are no exception. But I do think variations are a fantastic idea. I hope they become a mainstay like X-Rays.

2. Brutalities.

The satisfaction from pulling off a Brutality mid-combo is unrivaled. Plus you have 5 or 6 different ones, lots to choose from.

3. Living Towers.

Constantly updating content is always a plus. And having the Premier tower act as a trial for DLC characters is brilliant.

4. Interactive Backgrounds.

I would've preferred if it stayed in Injustice.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.