Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Round 1: FIGHT!
Kano (33.3%)
Tremor (66.6%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • May 26th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Concept Artist Shares Static & More [Read On]
  • May 24th, 2017
    E3 Coliseum Guest Ed Boon to Chat Mortal Kombat 25th [Read On]
  • May 24th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Tanya Challenge [Read On]
  • May 22nd, 2017
    Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 Character Renders [Read On]
  • May 18th, 2017
    Oren Uziel Discusses Mortal Kombat Movie Script [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/06/2015 12:14 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X PC Patch Update Notes - Since Pulled

Beleaguered PC gamers received a much needed injection of support today, addressing several on-going issues some are still experiencing. Details of the new patch [via Steam] run through a gauntlet of fixes, but be warned before downloading: Some players are reporting new catastrophic errors as a result of the patch, including deleted save files and aspect ratio problems. Note: The patch has officially been pulled.

Original 5/5 Mortal Kombat X PC Update Notes:
  • Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
  • Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
  • A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
  • Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
  • Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
  • Fixed startup crash on high end systems (those with > 8 cores).
  • Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
  • Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
  • Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
  • Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
  • The levers in Shao Khan's Tomb will now activate.
  • Shinnok's Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
  • Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
  • Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
  • Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
  • Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
  • Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
  • D'Vorah's cape no longer moves when she's killed.
  • Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
  • Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
  • Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
  • After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
  • Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
  • Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
  • Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
  • The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
  • Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
  • Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
  • Additional graphical fidelity options.
    • General Matchmaking improvements.
    • Performance improvements
    • Improved online stability
    • Multiplayer invite improvements
    • Gameplay fixes and balancing
    • Various Kombat Kard fixes
    • WB Play fixes
    • General bug fixes

Register to help us track and troubleshoot further issues by posting on the forum. Find and discuss more topics on the Mortal Kombat X forum.

BobHardingPosted: 05/05/2015 02:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::654
Downloading the latest PC patch will delete all your saves and screw up your resolution

http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/0/620712364045386662/

At least NRS acknowledges it - https://twitter.com/NetherRealm/status/595638770625605632

Crappy netcode, input lag and your saves getting deleted... Where have I heard that before?

A feeling of deja vu here...

LegotimPosted: 05/05/2015 05:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::1253
Nationality::United States
RE: Downloading the latest PC patch will delete all your saves and screw up your resolution

I've turned off Steam auto-updates for MKX. I didn't have a problem with the previous patch, but the PC version is such a mess I didn't want to risk it. Glad I didn't update.

I'm hoping this mess gets sorted out before an MKX: Komplete Edition comes out and I just pick it up on XBOne. I'd have to start over, but with the way the PC patches are going, statistically speaking, I'll probably have to start over anyway.

Steam: MissionarySPE
Blade4693Posted: 05/05/2015 06:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252
RE: Downloading the latest PC patch will delete all your saves and screw up your resolution

What does it remind you of? I honestly don't know lol I usually don't follow/keep up with games I don't play.

ViserPosted: 05/05/2015 08:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::4674
Nationality::Ukraine

There is no excuse for this to continue to happen, i love NRS for making this franchise, but they aren't part of Midway anymore where they don't have budget to do certain things. WB owns them now, and the issues NRS games face are huge compared to other titles. I do not get how this keeps going on, it is a black mark on their reputation, every release is mired with constant bugs, and lag, etc, etc.

And to top it all off, they have the gull to charge 20 bucks to unlock everything, and easy fatalities. Yes i know i never will use them, but you shouldn't charge anyone for it, and just add it into to game as a dam setting.

Sig by the one and only MINION
LegotimPosted: 05/05/2015 08:15 PMStatus ::

Blade4693 Wrote:
What does it remind you of? I honestly don't know lol I usually don't follow/keep up with games I don't play.

I believe he is referring to the PC port of MK9, which was done by the same studio, High Voltage Software. It took almost a full year after the release of the PC version (which already came out 2 years after initial release) for HVS to get MK9 in a working state.

He could also be referring to any number of HVS PC ports, which have generally been spotty in quality. I don't know why NRS/WB still wants to work with HVS, probably because PC sales of MK9 masked a lot of the issues, but maybe this time they'll get their stuff together.

Blade4693Posted: 05/05/2015 08:19 PMStatus ::

Legotim Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

I believe he is referring to the PC port of MK9, which was done by the same studio, High Voltage Software. It took almost a full year after the release of the PC version (which already came out 2 years after initial release) for HVS to get MK9 in a working state.

He could also be referring to any number of HVS PC ports, which have generally been spotty in quality. I don't know why NRS/WB still wants to work with HVS, probably because PC sales of MK9 masked a lot of the issues, but maybe this time they'll get their stuff together.

I see, yeah I didn't really keep up with the PC version at all so I wouldn't know. I agree though, NRS should maybe get a different company to work on the ports if those HIGH VOLTAGE guys have such a bad reputation.

BTW there was/is a new update for the game today on PS4, is it safe to download that one? I decided not to after reading this just in case lol

LegotimPosted: 05/05/2015 08:30 PMStatus ::

The console update should be fine. Other than general netcode complaints I haven't heard anything bad about the console patch.

redmanPosted: 05/05/2015 08:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::4705

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=oWPiWd_jhfM

Blade4693Posted: 05/05/2015 08:33 PMStatus ::

Sweet, ill probably let it download when I play tomorrow.

Hope NRS gets these High Voltage people to get their shit together, I would be pissed if I lost ALL of my gameplay stuff

LegotimPosted: 05/05/2015 08:41 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:

I saw this on the Steam forums, I still have tears in my eyes. It made be laugh, loudly, and in the middle of class. 10/10

BobHardingPosted: 05/05/2015 09:40 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:

This is brilliant.

Also - they pulled the patch - http://steamcommunity.com/games/307780/announcements/detail/134324112481126114

Aquarius_DPosted: 05/06/2015 05:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::6736
Nationality::Malaysia

redman Wrote:

someboy tweet that to Ed & the gang now LMAO

I'm glad Im not playing it on PC

overall I'm still dissapointed with many things such as the mobile console unlocks which still doesnt work

at this point I won't even consider getting the kombat pack..

photo Aquarius_D_Power_Girl.png
BobHardingPosted: 05/06/2015 05:33 AMStatus ::

SnowcatPosted: 05/06/2015 06:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::4148
Nationality::Australia

What a damned joke this is, what makes it worse is that NRS or HV never say or mention anything about all these fuck ups. I've been gaming for more than 25 years and never had issues with any title until this one.

Might just turn it off and come back in 6months.

Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.
The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 05/06/2015 09:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

redman Wrote:

Mother of god. This was the most hilarious thing I've seen this week.

BobHardingPosted: 05/06/2015 12:29 PMStatus ::

Supposedly they've fixed it.

Download at your own peril...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/307780/announcements/detail/134324240211403303

NephritePosted: 05/06/2015 03:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::3656
Nationality::Croatia

redman Wrote:

Thank You!

Thracian_TsarPosted: 05/06/2015 05:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::2652
Nationality::South Tyrol

Game's almost perfect now.

All I need is 60 fps for intros, x-rays, and finishers.

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.