IshyRoze
07/11/2015 02:23 AM (UTC)
redman Wrote:
AgentK Wrote:
SBZ. Please kill Fujin by a big margin.

Your butthurt over Fujin pleases me.

Fujin > Sub-Zero. I won't even be mad if he loses this honestly, I think it's amazing that he's made it this far, even beating Tanya and Raiden. That's quite a big feat imo and it's clear that people want this character to return. He's the peoples champion tongue

Take it away, Kenny! glasses
IshyRoze
07/11/2015 02:24 AM (UTC)
Simeonkalcut Wrote:
dont expect fujin to win this but for a character who hasnt been playable for 9 year making it to the last four is incredible

Never underestimate Fujin or his fans. NetherRealm really needs to hop on to MKO and look at these results, if they seriously think FuFu doesn't have a large fanbase.
AJBlue
07/11/2015 03:28 AM (UTC)
IshyRoze Wrote:
Simeonkalcut Wrote:
dont expect fujin to win this but for a character who hasnt been playable for 9 year making it to the last four is incredible

Never underestimate Fujin or his fans. NetherRealm really needs to hop on to MKO and look at these results, if they seriously think FuFu doesn't have a large fanbase.

It's not so much Fujin fans as it is people voting against Sub-Zero. It's been like that every tournament. Goes along with the whole "no more ninjaz" meme that is popular on this board. (One year they even had to suspend the voting because people were cheating so much.) NRS doesn't give two flying craps about a fan poll. They care who is popular and who will sell well.

As for Fujin's "fanbase," I don't see it. The one Fujin thread is half filled with people who aren't particularly fans and are just tired of Raiden as the Elder God representative or outright dislike him and a handful of actual fans, and it's still only three pages long. Sonya has a 14 page thread for comparison.

Sub-Zero has always been, and will always be better than Fujin in every facet of the game. Hell, if it weren't for Sub-Zero there would be no Fujin (Mythologies). A good chunk of the roster is tied to Sub-Zero in some way and fans of less popular characters have always been jealous of the more popular ones.

The popular characters are typically always going to be in the game from the start and get more attention. Lesser characters will end up DLC...maybe. A fan poll isn't going to change that. Maybe Fujin joins later as DLC but it won't be because of this poll.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

07/11/2015 03:50 AM (UTC)
No it hasn't. Sub Zero Ermac and Smoke all have won this tournament by a damn good margin. There is no "ebic meme" going on. Fujin has gotten a popularity boost by his cameo in MKX and thus people are voting for him. This isn't too hard, people.
Windy_Thunderstorm
About Me

This beautiful sig was made by MINION.

07/11/2015 04:30 AM (UTC)
Holy shit that poll!
Ion3008 Wrote:
Fujin actually taking the lead?

MKO's boner for Fujin is fully erect and twitching.

I''m not even going to vote on this one because people on here talk Fujin up waaay too much to the point of exaggeration but Sub-Zero always wins these.

We weren't trying to exaggerate, but with people asking our opinion of him and others going out of their way to hate him we spoke up about it. Not to mention as someone said in another topic we Fujin fans may have made a mistake being quiet about him since we thought for sure he'd have a guaranteed spot in this game. Quite honestly I'm surprised he made it this far. I knew he had fans on here but I didn't realize the extent untill recently. Edit: Aj, to be fair that Sonya thread is months old. The Fujin topic is a few days and I'd bet money that they were Sonya haters in that thread. Also Fujin doesn't exist because Sub Zero. He exist because Midway wanted another god. I also agree with Killswitch, this isn't some conspiracy to end the ninjas. I love Sub Zero.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

07/11/2015 04:31 AM (UTC)
Based Mortal Kombat fans. Keep it up.

Anyways, I voted Fujin. I wanted in. I expected him in. I got fucked. Ill wait til the next MK game.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/11/2015 05:43 AM (UTC)

Mortal Kombat has always been and will always be! Throughout the ages there has always been a Mortal Kombat Champion -- a fighting warrior ready to defend their title, or die trying. In 2015. we gathered sixty-four characters to once again ask the question: Who is the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion? Five gruelling rounds have brought us to an answer - one that will ring controversial for years to come! Two first-time finalists contest the title in a battle that challenges the expectations of a year built on a new installment of the franchise.

Kenshi: A second generation favourite fighting for recognition amidst the dawning of a third! A strong cult following and broad strokes rooted in klassic kombat have always kept the blind sword saint in close proximity with legendary icons. A solid showing in Mortal Kombat X game & comics, and some luck of the draw, helped spur Kenshi to his strongest result yet in a year overwhelmed by counter-culture. Is alternative flavor enough to declare Kenshi the 2015 Supreme Champion? His path through the tournament saw the elimination of: Hsu Hao (R1), Taven (R2), Goro (R3), Kitana (QF) & Mileena (SF).

Fujin: A wind god with a cult following of his own, but only cameo appearances in Mortal Kombat X' story mode and comic. In a year that was supposed to be a measure of the new game - it was fandom's wishful thinking that hijacked the tournament! A shock omission that could still be DLC, Fujin has the wind of an organized effort at his back - but is it enough to make him truly worthy of being 2015 Supreme Champion? His unlikely path through the 2015 tournament saw the elimination of: Nightwolf (R1), Tanya (R2), Shang Tsung (R3), Raiden (QF) & Sub-Zero (SF).

From the top of the Pyramid of Argus, to the besieged gate of Earthrealm's Sky Temple! Only one of these kombatants can can be proclaimed the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion! Now is the time to vote for the greatest of the two. Look deep within your soul and choose with honor as we ask once again: Who will reign supreme?... Final Round! FIGHT!

Thunderstruck_Earthrealmer
About Me

Fujin for MK11!! #ReleaseFujin #NoMoreTrolling

Avatar: MKX Concept Art by Marco Nelor.

07/11/2015 06:26 AM (UTC)
Fujin.

His omission from the roster still hurts.
Windy_Thunderstorm
About Me

This beautiful sig was made by MINION.

07/11/2015 06:38 AM (UTC)
Omg Fujin yes! And his most recent bio for this tornament made me giggle a little.
redman
07/11/2015 07:22 AM (UTC)
Fuck yeah! Let's go Fujin!
Killamore
07/11/2015 08:08 AM (UTC)
Kenshi.

Kenshi represents the 3D era better than anyone else. His concept is recognizable but still interesting. His backstory has roots with the MK lore. He continues to evolve and is now struggling with being a dead beat father and avenging the murder of his wife; which interestingly enough is a full circle of his beginnings taking up the honor of his ancestors and his recent bringing Scorpion to terms with his loss of family. Multiple fantastic designs (The newbies need more costumes and so does Kenshi!). He has a plot set up for the future with a major player in Daegon and rookie Takeda. His gameplay has always been top notch even in the games without stellar gameplay as a whole. He is a great complete character who still has more to offer.

Fujin... deserves an opportunity to reach Kenshi's level. He is a god which is a completely unexplored group except Raiden, and with how MKX ended a Fujin/Raiden power struggle would be very interesting. Wind powers could have some great mechanics to play with. Fujin could reach some amazing heights... but, Kenshi is already at those heights and is still going strong.

I will be extremely disappointed if Fujin doesn't make DLC or the next game. I will be disappointed if Kenshi misses the next game just as much.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/11/2015 08:13 AM (UTC)
I'm voting Fujin because he had a cameo and he wasn't playable and he could be DLC, hurr durrrrrrrr

I vote Kenshi. Better design, better moveset, better fatalities, more variety, great concept, and overall a better character.
Simeonkalcut
07/11/2015 08:57 AM (UTC)
IshyRoze Wrote:
Simeonkalcut Wrote:

Im a fujin fan myself I never imagined his demand was this huge! Nrs need to see this
Simeonkalcut
07/11/2015 08:59 AM (UTC)
Kenshi is a brilliant character one of my favourites but my vote goes to fujin, he deserves it, its hard to judge the character based on just 2 playable apperances but in armegaddon he was fun, he has loads of potential to bring something new to MK.
Nephrite
07/11/2015 11:37 AM (UTC)
Fantastic grand finale! I'll be very happy whoever takes it.

Voted Fujin (my devotion to him remains at 100% since the very first Superme MK Champion Tournament).

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Fujin: A wind god with a cult following of his own...
...His unlikely path through the 2015 tournament saw the elimination of: Nightwolf (R1), Tanya (R2), Shang Tsung (R3), Raiden (QF) & Sub-Zero (SF).

Wow, those last three names are huge! wow
theimmortal20
07/11/2015 12:54 PM (UTC)
Fujin appeared in 4 games, and was only playable for 2 of them. He had a pointless cameo in MKX and that's basically it. He never advanced the plot. He has zero character development. And you guys think he deserves to win this?

You're all out of your mind. This competition is pure bologny. Grade A bologny.

Although I am happy a ninja won't win this time around. So good on you for that at least.

But seriously your Fujin love is ridiculous and unjustified.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

07/11/2015 01:12 PM (UTC)
No one's love for a character is ever unjustified. Everyone has different tastes. Unless its Meat, Mokap or Blaze. Then you should go play in traffic.

But anyway - Kenshi. As someone said earlier in the thread, he's the best representative of the 3D era. He was the ONLY new 3D era character in Deadly Alliance to make appearances in every MK game that came after (even if he was only DLC for MK9). His story has become fleshed out in MKX, and he's both wise and humorous - he can be as sagely as Raiden yet quip as sharply as Johnny.

"A showdown? As in your films?"
"Did you like 'em?"
"There are some advantages to being blind..."

I laugh every time I hear that interaction. If they pursue this Red Dragon aspect of the story he could be a key player in the next game. I'd like to see Kenshi take a center role. He's always been my favorite 3d era character. I hated the 3D era immensely, but was always glad to play as Kenshi.

Here's hoping he wins.
The_TooCool_Master
07/11/2015 01:21 PM (UTC)
Fujin's love isn't that different from people who like Rain(me) or Reiko.

In a game where we got a lot of human characters using earth weapons, Fujin would brought something different... But I guess they weren't sure how to properly use wind powers without copying Kitana and Ermac.

Kenshi doesn't need to win. He's NRS's and casuals' favorite 2nd Gen character. He's cool but he didn't bring much to the story except following the special forces. At least Fujin fought Shinnok.

Kenshi has the best MKX fatality thought.
Deathmask71
About Me

Thanks for the sig MINION!

07/11/2015 01:24 PM (UTC)
Kenshi. His tele copter fatality is one of the most badass fatalities ever lol my jaw dropped when I first saw it
mattteo
About Me

07/11/2015 01:31 PM (UTC)
Amazing grand finals!

It doesn't even matter who takes this one, the 3D era characters are done justice. I hope the next MK game has all the 3D era characters in it (eve Hsu Hao) like MK 2011 had all the originals.

I guess Kenshi this time, cause I'm really looking forward to seeing Daegon kick his ass in MK XI grin
nightbreed_16
About Me

I will rock you.

07/11/2015 01:47 PM (UTC)
Come on Fujin knock that blind swordsman on his candyass. Time to lay the smackdown. Fujin for the win.grin
sickoftakenusernames
About Me

The MK Gods on dA

Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets

07/11/2015 01:50 PM (UTC)
theimmortal20 Wrote:
Fujin appeared in 4 games, and was only playable for 2 of them. He had a pointless cameo in MKX and that's basically it. He never advanced the plot. He has zero character development. And you guys think he deserves to win this?

You're all out of your mind. This competition is pure bologny. Grade A bologny.

Although I am happy a ninja won't win this time around. So good on you for that at least.

But seriously your Fujin love is ridiculous and unjustified.

Mixed-Kombat-Arts
07/11/2015 01:58 PM (UTC)
Voted at almost every round (except some useless ones like Taven vs Daegon), but I'll have to pass on this finals.

In Mk4 Fujin is a copy of Kung Lao + Ermac and he has a futuristic crossbow ?
Armageddon don't care, it's the downfall of MK.
Potential ? yeah, if you change his movelist, if you change his story, if, if ... If you make a whole new character with a changed name also...

Kenshi is an overpowered son of bitch.
What the fuck with all those clones ? I thought he was a telekinesis swordman.
He was a horrible broken addition in MK9.

Fuck the 3D era, I'll always remember how bad it was.
Long live the klassics that really made the serie.
smile
ErmaSco
07/11/2015 02:15 PM (UTC)
Man I love to give my vote to Fujin and kinda avoid listening to his butthurt fans, but Kenshi is just way way better than Fujin in all the aspects.

Win this Blind Man and be a staple of the series from MKX onward...
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

07/11/2015 02:40 PM (UTC)
Voted for both of these every step of the way...I don't know who to pick.....
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.