Tukisimavi
07/24/2015 09:28 PM (UTC)
Mk9 for me... by a land slide.

I prefer the diversity of MKx over the super realistic graphics and unappealing roster.
Sparta*
07/24/2015 09:55 PM (UTC)
MK9 is better in every way

miss that tag mode so damn much :(
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

08/09/2015 11:19 AM (UTC)
A matter of preference in terms of where MK should dwell on. MK 9 was a tribute to the Trilogy/ Ultimate MK3 phase, with occasional glimpses to MK 4, too (Quan Chi's involvement and ending), while MKX, with its brand new generation of fighters and never-before set relationships, marked a fresh route altogether.

Also, a matter of preference in terms of roster. MK9 had the original, vintage combatants aimed to please the older fans, while, at least how I see it, MKX was an experiment to try the brand new selection of fighters in front of a new generation of players, as well as older players craving for a change/ weary of the old.

An unanswerable question, i.e. it's based on tastes, rather than distinct logic.
Mk9 has a far better roster and stages, and stage fatalities. Also the choice of colors are waaay better too. Mkx is so brown and ugly

Mkx has much better fighting tho. The xrays are better too. The fighting style just feels clunky to me in 9.

The women are visually more appealing also in 9. I'm a fan of big racks and I will never apologize for it! Never I says!
MindStrikes
08/11/2015 05:22 PM (UTC)
i never liked injustice, since MKX feels extremely much like injustice in terms of movement, not BUTTONS, i rather have MK9 in terms of gameplay, roster, classic cheats, and stages.

plus the color scheme in mkx is xtremely boring. grey, brown is all we got.

Good to see most ppl think so, not just here but on like every other forum this is asked ppl prefer mk9 over mkx.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

08/12/2015 06:14 PM (UTC)
Ereptiledysfunction Wrote: The women are visually more appealing also in 9. I'm a fan of big racks and I will never apologize for it! Never I says!

I don't think the breasts got smaller, it's just that they covered up more. It was very unrealistic, you must admit, that Mileena wore dental floss bandages and they DID NOT fall off her gravity-defying impossiboobs. I mean, what was holding it in place, tape? Outworld magic?

If you don't believe me, try it. Wear a bandage and walk around, and see if it shifts around. Now imagine bouncing, jumping, and fighting for your life.
KenshiMaster16
08/12/2015 10:43 PM (UTC)
In my eyes, it's split pretty evenly down the center when you factor everything in. However, I'd give a slight edge to MK9 just for the nostalgia goggles alone.
Killamore
08/12/2015 11:10 PM (UTC)
It seems nostalgia is playing a big part between the two games. I understand, however side grew up with the 3D era I don't really have it. I actually love playing MK3, but it will never get the hours I put into Deception. That said I have to say MKX. I actually like the roster, gameplay, and extra content. Not having tag mode and a small arena selection are two downsides, I will amit, but I still think overall MKX is a better game.
johnny_cage_win
About Me

08/13/2015 02:05 AM (UTC)
Both. That said, if you made me pick, X would win.

Why X? Well. . .

Honestly, I love MKX's roster, but it just isn't as big as 9's. That alone would make many fans think it sucks in comparison. Add 5-10 fighters and you'll get a few Cyraxs or even Nightwolfs. I think that would've quieted most of the "bad roster" crowd. But since I'm fine with who we got, and they look and play better than in 9, X wins here, especially since almost all the new characters are awesome.

There aren't enough arenas, but the ones we got (for the most part) are So. Freaking. Good. I'm OK with them. 9 wins, but both are OK.

Brutalities do, in my opinion, make up for the lost stage fatalities. X.

I really miss tag mode, though. I loved my Cage/Kang combo in 9, although I do admit that I hated the story mode endurance matches. I think I'd rather lose tag than have to deal with those, again. Still. . . 9.

It's a tie until I realize that gameplay is ALWAYS more important than anything else. And X is leaps and bounds better in that regard. Add the replayability the towers bring and I don't see how there is any comparison.

packetman
08/13/2015 02:14 AM (UTC)
I enjoy mk9 more
Viser
05/14/2017 05:49 AM (UTC)
MK9 it had everything. Imo the best MK game of all time.

I only wish we had more outfit options.

1. MK9
2. UMK3
3. MK2
trynax
About Me

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard

05/18/2017 03:58 PM (UTC)
Between the 2 I do like MK9 a little more. I still enjoy the fighters from MK Trilogy and MK9 pretty much has them all. I also like MKX and some of its new fighters and DLC. I'd love to see them put MK9 and MKX together as its own game where you can play as any fighter from the 2, bosses included with the fighting and finishing concepts from MKX and the Babality from MK9 and the extra stages. I'd also LMAO if they'd add the Friendships back into this version and call it simply along the lines of MK9 vs MKX. From MKX the extra storyline characters I'd add back in as fighters too like Sareena for example. or Fujin who were not in either game. By the way, in my version ALL bosses which include Corrupt Shinnok would be playable.
MindStrikes
05/18/2017 06:45 PM (UTC)
trynax Wrote:By the way, in my version ALL bosses which include Corrupt Shinnok would be playable.

I like bosses to be playable but,

A boss should be a stronger and bigger threat than a normal opponent. In the older MK games the bosses felt really boss-like. Goro, Shang tsung and Shao kahn did things that only boss characters would do (taunt, extr damage etc) what made them stand out as a bigger threat. If they would be playable that would be lost as they need to be balanced and such.

Shao Kahn and Goro are the real boss characters imo. I guess the idea of having them un-playable was a part of it.
SynjoDeonecros
About Me

"Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?" "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

07/08/2017 11:26 PM (UTC)
MK9 for me. It's brighter, it's got a better story, the characters are more interesting, they gave character development to some of my favorite characters, the Babalities kept it from being too grim, and honestly, I feel MKX is too much like Injustice and Injustice 2 to be appealing to me. Also, you didn't need any comic context that may or may not be canon to the game to follow the story for MK9; I hate that MKX and the Injustice games need a comic for you to get everything that happened in the game's context, and in the case of MKX, it felt like a lot of plot points in the comic were inconsequential to the game, or were outright contradicted by it (Goro being playable despite being maimed in the comic, Scorpion's clan being fine despite being devastated by a corrupted member of their own in the comic, etc.). Finally, while the fatalities were more elaborate in MKX, they also felt less inspired than the ones in MK9, and that's what holds me, along with the story.
MK9 for me too despite X looking way better
MindStrikes
08/03/2017 07:54 PM (UTC)
Any chances that NRS takes notes on this? I heard they used to look on mko.com

I genuinely enjoy the gameplay in X to still play it today whereas with 9 I gave it a year before I moved on to something else.
VIPirate
08/09/2017 03:56 PM (UTC)
New member here. Hi everyone! For me, it's MK9 by default. I very much enjoyed what I played of MKX, but I happened to be one of those unfortunate people who experienced the constant crashing issues with the game (I had a physical copy of XL). Every workaround that was suggested to me failed to do anything to correct the issue, so MKX became unplayable for me. After swapping it out for another copy, only to see the same issue continuously happen again, I finally gave up and got rid of it. Not that I had any problem going back to play MK9, though! It's still a fantastic game that I continue to have a great time with to this day.
Nazred
09/01/2017 07:43 PM (UTC)

Mk 9 the roster is just perfect although I do love the design of MK X
lastfighter89
09/14/2017 10:45 AM (UTC)
Am I wrong or there was a thread with the same title already?

I'm gonna repeat myself again:

I'd pick MK X over 2011 any time.

Graphics, Gameplay, Fatalities, Stage Fatalities,etc are better in X.

Now, about the roster, I clearly remember a lot of people complaining about MKX roster because it was too "safe" despite 8/9 new characters. And yet, MK9 with his Trilogy roster is considered the perfect roster.
MKX has less stage Fatalities, but they are better.
In MK9 I would save just the Deadpool and Netherrealm stage Fatality. All the rest is just uppercut onto something.

MK X had brutalities, a lot of extra costumes (all of them good, excluding the Brazil Pack and infrared Scorpion), more classic fatalities, stage brutalities, interactive stages, etc.

MK X is also more serious and dark, I love the black/gray/brown pallette. MK is about a deadly war/tournament, not rainbows, flowers and butterflies. The vibrant color palette was good in the early 90s, not today.

People need to get off their noatalgia goggles.

The only thing where MK9 beats MKX is the challenge towers, I'd rather have gameplay variations, like Test you Slice, Strike, Might, Sight, Luck, Balance etc. and having them offline, with a predetermined set of missions.

That's it.
MindStrikes
09/29/2017 10:54 PM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:

You don't understand the difference between nostalgia and "preference" .

How come i can understand why you prefer MKx, but you don't get why another may like MK9 more without the reason being for nostalgia?

If i prefer a costume for Scorpion from MK2 instead of his costume in, lets say, MK9. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. They are both different. It's just a look that i happen to like more than that from MK9. And the same can go for stages, atmosphere, music etc.

lastfighter89
10/01/2017 12:49 AM (UTC)
MindStrikes Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:

You don't understand the difference between nostalgia and "preference" .

How come i can understand why you prefer MKx, but you don't get why another may like MK9 more without the reason being for nostalgia?

If i prefer a costume for Scorpion from MK2 instead of his costume in, lets say, MK9. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. They are both different. It's just a look that i happen to like more than that from MK9. And the same can go for stages, atmosphere, music etc.

How you can debate something so obvious and not debatable?

In the areas where it natters the most (gameplay, graphics, etc) MKX is just a better game than MK9, and I am a huge MK9 fan.
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

10/01/2017 09:40 PM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:

Now, about the roster, I clearly remember a lot of people complaining about MKX roster because it was too "safe" despite 8/9 new characters. And yet, MK9 with his Trilogy roster is considered the perfect roster.
In MK9 I would save just the Deadpool and Netherrealm stage Fatality. All the rest is just uppercut onto something.

MK X had brutalities, a lot of extra costumes (all of them good, excluding the Brazil Pack and infrared Scorpion), more classic fatalities, stage brutalities, interactive stages, etc.

MK X is also more serious and dark, I love the black/gray/brown pallette. MK is about a deadly war/tournament, not rainbows, flowers and butterflies. The vibrant color palette was good in the early 90s, not today.

The only thing where MK9 beats MKX is the challenge towers, I'd rather have gameplay variations, like Test you Slice, Strike, Might, Sight, Luck, Balance etc. and having them offline, with a predetermined set of missions.

That's it.

MK9 is by no means less "dark" or "serious" than MKX; indeed, it could well be the most shocking game in MK history (i.e. with the gravest deviations from the original storyline, filled with a new set of deaths, transformations, and alliances/ enmities), even if the fatalities could have been gorier (personally, I don't even insist that a fatality should be too gory; it's supposed to appear original and creative, a field where MK9 wins without argument, in case of most of its combatants anyway).

I also disagree the characters are vibrant and 90-ish. Their outfits and appearances are reminiscent of their Trilogy counterparts, but redone in a noticeably mature, almost real-life style, with the distinct purpose to indicate the separation from the gimmicky MK era encompassing the franchise until the MKvsDC.

If anything, I dare say it's MKX that returned the aura of gimmickry, silliness and overall "over-the-top"-ness to MK. Maybe not necessarily in terms of its gameplay, design, or fatalities, but certainly in terms of the roster, dialogues, and story (the last one deserving a topic of its own).
lastfighter89
10/02/2017 08:45 AM (UTC)
shaggysorceror Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:

That's it.

MK9 is by no means less "dark" or "serious" than MKX; indeed, it could well be the most shocking game in MK history (i.e. with the gravest deviations from the original storyline, filled with a new set of deaths, transformations, and alliances/ enmities), even if the fatalities could have been gorier (personally, I don't even insist that a fatality should be too gory; it's supposed to appear original and creative, a field where MK9 wins without argument, in case of most of its combatants anyway).

I also disagree the characters are vibrant and 90-ish. Their outfits and appearances are reminiscent of their Trilogy counterparts, but redone in a noticeably mature, almost real-life style, with the distinct purpose to indicate the separation from the gimmicky MK era encompassing the franchise until the MKvsDC.

If anything, I dare say it's MKX that returned the aura of gimmickry, silliness and overall "over-the-top"-ness to MK. Maybe not necessarily in terms of its gameplay, design, or fatalities, but certainly in terms of the roster, dialogues, and story (the last one deserving a topic of its own).

One can like a game or the other, and that's perfectly fine, but saying that MK 9 isn't colorful or 90's or with better Fatalities than X is just denying the truth.

MK X is overall the better game, it's not even debatable.
Quakeman
10/05/2017 09:41 PM (UTC)
MK9 is the one with more replay value guys, how can you say X has more?
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.