Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Most Anticipated Premier?
Powergirl (46.2%)
Green Lantern (20%)
Reverse-Flash (33.7%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • March 30th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Trailer Reveals Captain Cold, Bane & Scarecrow [Read On]
  • March 23rd, 2017
    Injustice 2: Shattered Alliances Trailer 3 - Supergirl [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2017
    Cheetah is Fast & Furry in New Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • March 17th, 2017
    Firestorm Lights Up Injustice 2 in Official Trailer [Read On]
  • March 13th, 2017
    UpUpDownDown Reveal Firestorm in NRS Tour [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/22/2015 12:34 PMStatus ::
Rumor Mill: Is a Klassic Arena Returning Soon in Mortal Kombat X?

The most recent update to PC versions of Mortal Kombat X has provided the first clue to suggest a klassic arena coming to downloadable content! Mortal Kombat Online affiliate Murdoink uncovered the reference diving into settings updates, which add "Pit" to the list of "background" arenas in the code:

Before & After: PC update adds "Pit" to Mortal Kombat X background code.

In May; Mortal Kombat X Creative Director Ed Boon revealed NetherRealm developers had already discussed klassic arenas [full story]. Fan scuttlebutt may have mythologized Boon's sense of humor as "trolling", but about these things, he's often remarkably forthcoming. He first alluded to Brazil DLC and Klassic Fatalities as early as October, last year [full story]. Both hit downloads in recent months.

The idea addresses one of Mortal Kombat X's most glaring deficiencies. The sequel shipped with only thirteen arenas -- a dramatic 48% fewer than precursor: Mortal Kombat (2011). The 2011 reboot almost exclusively featured reinvented versions of klassic stages.

MK is The Pits: Incarnations of the iconic stage from past (below) to present (2011, above).

The Pit - Mortal Kombat (1992)The Pit Bottom - Mortal Kombat (1992)The Pit 3 - Mortal Kombat 3

The Pit debuted as an arena concept back in the very first Mortal Kombat! Originally a precarious bridge fight staged on Shang Tsung's Island; the concept has been repurposed to appear as a recurring trademark of the series throughout its early instalments.

The Pit II introduced a dark, atmospheric Outworld version remembered by fandom for introducing Blaze, and another mysterious fighter as background sprites. This version returned in 2011, succumbing to a meteor shower and even more background kombatants - characters not used in the Trilogy remake. The Pit 3 (MK3) features elaborate spinning blades beneath its cavernous dome - a sadistic chamber of Shao Kahn's citadel. The original Pit allowed players to fight amongst its blood stained, spikey bottom, where Stage Fatalities were born and Reptile was waiting!

Mortal Kombat Online named The Pit fourth in a list of the Top 10 Klassic Arenas We'd Like To See in Mortal Kombat X DLC. Is it coming soon? Register to share your thoughts and speculation on the Mortal Kombat X forum. Support the site by liking and sharing stories via @MK_Online & Facebook! Immerse yourself in kombat

Thracian_TsarPosted: 07/22/2015 12:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::2637
Nationality::South Tyrol
RE: Rumor Mill: Is a Klassic Arena Returning Soon in Mortal Kombat X?

Oh, God... let it be true!

Keep the DLC arenas koming!

frabnPosted: 07/22/2015 12:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::530
Nationality::United States

After seeing that, I suddenly need either tissues or a sock.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
JAX007Posted: 07/22/2015 12:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

Awesome!

futuretime23Posted: 07/22/2015 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::474

hope it's not the only klassic arena to return. some other arenas that weren't in 9 deserve to be back as well(kombat tomb,for instance)
hoping to see the deadpool as well.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/22/2015 01:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::19708

If they are bringing The Pit back, I have to wonder which one they'll do. I'm partial to The Pit 1.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
frabnPosted: 07/22/2015 01:08 PMStatus ::

I sincerely hope they would do Pit 1 - the hybrid Pit I/II in MK9, wile I loved it...wasn't the traditional pit. I'd love to see that old true classic...my first ever stage fatality...return.

I remember when I first played MK and did what every kid did when they didn't know moves or fatalities - finish him with an uppercut. Well, I did it on a pit, and sent Scorpion down into the spikes below. Mind. Blown.

Ever since, I have loved Pits. They were a staple of the early games, but sadly the 3d era spelled the end of The Pit (and that awful square chessboard arena from Deception doesn't count). Having no pit in MKX was an extreme disappointment (partially rectified when they turned the Kove into a stage brutality).

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 07/22/2015 01:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::10415

Bring it on. This is one of the things that was sorely missing from this game.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
DetoxPosted: 07/22/2015 01:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::4194

Damn I hope so. MK9 absolutely spoiled us as far as stages go. What's in MKX is fine, it just needs more.

Thanks to MINION for the awesome sig
Sparta*Posted: 07/22/2015 01:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::4224

If they release a kombat pack 2 with 4 more characters and 4 more arenas, this game would be so much more complete, really hope they do it

b-rad007Posted: 07/22/2015 01:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::551

frabn Wrote:
After seeing that, I suddenly need either tissues or a sock.
lol easy there shooter. God I hope we get some klassic arenas. The ones we did get LOOK SO GOOD!! Give me the pit and dead pool or give me death!!!

"JOHNNYBOUGHTACAR"-Raiden, protector of Earthrealm
Blade4693Posted: 07/22/2015 01:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Yes please. I also hope they give us the classic pit 1 instead of MK9s 1/2 hybrid BUT MK9 pretty much retconned that to be "The Pit" so its probably what we will be getting IF we do get the pit, though I hope otherwise lol

I would love to see an aged 20 years older abandoned pit, and a run down Kahn's Tomb.

frabnPosted: 07/22/2015 01:42 PMStatus ::

Blade4693 Wrote:
Yes please. I also hope they give us the classic pit 1 instead of MK9s 1/2 hybrid BUT MK9 pretty much retconned that to be "The Pit" so its probably what we will be getting IF we do get the pit, though I hope otherwise lol

I would love to see an aged 20 years older abandoned pit, and a run down Kahn's Tomb.

Well, since it would only be a "classic" addition to the game and not canon in any way, they could easily bring the original pit design back. It wouldn't really mean anything in the long run. I actually always loved the Shaolin Monks rendition of it- it made the pit look bigger and deadlier, giving it a sense of scope and dimension (though I didn't like the black pyramid spikes...I always enjoyed the cold steel thinner spikes of the classic).

BADASS6669Posted: 07/22/2015 02:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::5692

I'd be happy if they copy and pasted MK9 Pit. It was the best all they would have to do is add some intractable ' s

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
BADASS6669Posted: 07/22/2015 02:13 PMStatus ::

They like to do things in 4's

From MK9

Hell
Pit
Deadpool
Subway

The Armory would also look and fit this game

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
ShadowfirePosted: 07/22/2015 02:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::934

Yes a Pit stage is needed for this game. Shame it wasn't there in the first place.

frabnPosted: 07/22/2015 02:22 PMStatus ::

Yeah, I was waiting for it the whole time. I cut myself off from information about 2 months before release, and on launch day, the first thing I did (as tradition) was go into 2 player mode to dick around. I saw nothing remotely resembling a pit except for the Kove and the Krossroads. After playing around on them for 2 hours and finding nothing, I gave up.

BADASS6669Posted: 07/22/2015 02:26 PMStatus ::

Why not have a poll or a Arena battle like the one Fujin just won.

redmanPosted: 07/22/2015 02:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::4688

Someone on Twitter suggested that they should release Klassic Stages for free like they did for the Klassic Fatalities. How would you guys feel about this?

I've stated my feelings about stages before, I feel like there definitely should be klassic stage DLC and I would gladly pay for it. I would really love if they went a unexpected route and put in The Pit 3. Stage that has been gone far too long, it definitely needs a return. Would really love The Portal or Kombat Tomb as well, and all of them could have some sick stage brutals. I hope that if it is just the regular Pit that it's the MK1 version and not MK9.

Sonya_BPosted: 07/22/2015 03:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::490
Nationality::Mexico

The Pit!? THE PIT!? The Pit is overrated!! Give me back MK4's The Prison! OMG, best stage and Stage Fatality EVER!!! :D

-
The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 07/22/2015 03:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::2355

MK9 seems to have retconned their being 2 pits. It would be cool to have it based on MK1, and it probably will, but the meteor shower variation in Armaggeddon? That was a thing of beauty.

justycistPosted: 07/22/2015 06:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::12269
Nationality::Australia

I can't say I've been a fan of the 3D pit stages. None of them have really been a faithful recreation of the originals, especially the stage fatalities which have all sucked majorly. The spikes are always wrong, too big, too far apart, or in the case of The Pit II there shouldn't be any spikes at all. I would love to see a free pack with the 3 pit stages all faithfully recreated as they are in the original trilogy, along with stage brutalities that don't stray from the original fatalities.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/22/2015 06:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::19708

redman Wrote:
Someone on Twitter suggested that they should release Klassic Stages for free like they did for the Klassic Fatalities. How would you guys feel about this?

Free would be nice but it's not realistic since stages take more work to make than those basic Fatalities.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
KenshiMaster16Posted: 07/22/2015 06:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::9993

I'd hope we'd get 4 characters and 4 arenas. I also hope they'll leave out some of the NPC's from Story Mode thus it defeats the purpose of them being there as a surprise element and makes it feel more like the game was incomplete from the start. So, what would make me immediately buy the pack and need a new pair of pants?

- Fujin
- Cyrax
- Li Mei
- Smoke
Free Bonus: Rain (goes in place of the random select icon)

- The Pit
- The Prison (MK4)
- Shinnok's Throne Room
- Living Forest

Darkmage41Posted: 07/22/2015 07:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::916
Nationality::Australia

There are stages that can be unlocked on your kombat kard which are not available in the game but could potentially be in the process of being incorporated via dlc

Lava Pits (this one is different to Kross roads)

Deadly Storm ( looks like another side of thekove)

Dark Forest: ( another foreststage)

Holy Shrine: ( MK9)

Living Forest

Edenia

And finally the pit which is a special unlockable background .

If half of the above is includedat some point I'll be ecstatic!

-
Page of 2

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.