Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • July 15th, 2018
    Ed Boon Avatar Change Sparks MK/DC Fan Speculation [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    James Wan & Ed Boon Rebuff False Movie Reports [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    MK Movie Writer Kills Raiden & Sonya Rumors [Read On]
  • July 12th, 2018
    Writer Greg Russo Responds to MK Movie Character Rumors [Read On]
  • July 10th, 2018
    Rumor Mill: Mortal Kombat Movie Reboot Stars New Character? [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Round 3: FIGHT!
Sub-Zero (53.6%)
Rain (46.3%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 9

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/27/2015 04:09 AMStatus ::
Support Mounts for Mortal Kombat Encyclopaedia

Fan campaigns and petitions have become a staple of social media fandom throughout the promotional life of Mortal Kombat X. For every omitted character and potential crossover - there is likely one or more attempts to support it to reality.

Not all petitions are created equal, but occasionally a sound idea and swell of interest breaks out from the ever growing pack. Nearing 4,000 e-signatures at the time of this writing - the message behind We Want An MK Lore Encyclopedia has been heard loud and clear!

The petition has been tirelessly circulated by fan Myke Snow. Among the most prominent supporters of an MK Encyclopaedia is Shawn Kittelsen. As writer of DC Comics' Mortal Kombat X series, he's helped usher Mortal Kombat in its return to print, and spent much time digging into character history, whilst navigating the pitfalls of unreliable online sources. Many NetherRealm Studios staff have also shown enthusiasm and support, including MKX Producer Andrew Stein, and Cinematic Director Dominic Cianciolo!

DK Publishing are no strangers to cataloguing elaborate fiction.

The ultimate target of this particular petition is Dorling Kindersley - DK Publishing: a multi-national publisher owned by merged book giant Penguin Random House. Penguin also own Primas Games, who were unable to print a Mortal Kombat strategy guide for this year's release [full story].

Specializing in easy to read reference books; DK Publishing have become well known for their visual encyclopaedia based on major pop cultural brands, including: Star Wars, Lego, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Capcom, and more. This pedigree makes them well qualified to created a printed tome based on over twenty years of Mortal Kombat saga, that's both informative, and visually striking.

While sites like Mortal Kombat Online and apocryphal Wikipedia may provide easy reference for series lore - the advantages of a printed book are clear. A hardcover edition becomes a tactile collectible item for die hard fans. It immortalizes characters in visual artwork, and with proper research and care, can become a valued source of rich in-fiction information. If you've played the games, but wondered about the ins and outs of character history - this is what you want! Given Mortal Kombat's uniquely fostered story and universe, this is the fighting game franchise to write about!

Sources close to the subject suggest DK Publishing is both aware of the petition, and interested in exploring the potential for a Mortal Kombat Encyclopaedia. The journey to print may still be a long one, though.

Fans should continue to show their support by signing the petition, and go further by sharing their interest on the forums! Help spread the word and support the cause by liking & sharing this story via @MK_Online & Facebook!

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/28/2015 07:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::10560
Nationality::United States
We have reached 3800 signatures for a Kombatpedia, WHAT NEXT?! (MK Encyclopedia Related)

As some of you know, our petition to get an official MK Encyclopedia reached 300 today after being around about 2 weeks now. I tweeted it to Shawn, and he replied with "Add another 0 and we are in business" which means two things.

1 - that we need a toooooon more help with this thing, ala the folks who did the Tremor petition.

2 - this can actually happen. we could actually get a mortal kombat encyclopedia. something canon. something concrete and massive, lore heavy, and also acts as an artbook as well.

We need your help spreading the word with this thing....Sign it, hell, sign it six times if you can. But whoever you can get to sign, the better. We need help.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#next_action

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
Dragon Points:
sharefrockPosted: 04/28/2015 07:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::2350
Nationality::Israel
RE: Kittelson: Add one more 0 and were in business... (Mortal Kombat Comic/Encyclopedia)

Sorry, I only want to know more about a GOOD story not a shitty one like MK. I've lost complete faith in the MK story, MKX destroyed my fucking passion for the story, at this point I'm only creating stories in my head for the characters I like.

Hopefully you'll get what you want but trust me, with the writers they have an NRS, there is nothing called "canon" they keep fucking the story until it gets pregnant and after it gets pregnant they throw it out the window and reboot the entire thing and change a "few" things.

Fuck the MK story, unless they fire the entire writing team and hire Shawn K as their game writer this shit will only get worse.

I'm really not interested in any B.S story they write as "lore" for MK but I do hope you guys will get what you want.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/28/2015 07:47 PMStatus ::

RE: Kittelson: Add one more 0 and were in business... (Mortal Kombat Comic/Encyclopedia)

Thanks man. This is why I'm asking Kittelsen, I just need as much help as I can get.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 04/28/2015 07:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::6177

sharefrock Wrote:
Sorry, I only want to know more about a GOOD story not a shitty one like MK. I've lost complete faith in the MK story, MKX destroyed my fucking passion for the story, at this point I'm only creating stories in my head for the characters I like.

Hopefully you'll get what you want but trust me, with the writers they have an NRS, there is nothing called "canon" they keep fucking the story until it gets pregnant and after it gets pregnant they throw it out the window and reboot the entire thing and change a "few" things.

Fuck the MK story, unless they fire the entire writing team and hire Shawn K as their game writer this shit will only get worse.

I'm really not interested in any B.S story they write as "lore" for MK but I do hope you guys will get what you want.

This.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
Blade4693Posted: 04/28/2015 07:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Excellent. Just posted this link in a MK thread on another site, hopefully a few people over there will sign it too.

This is something I have wanted for years, glad to see its an actual possibility.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/28/2015 07:50 PMStatus ::

Again, all I'm asking for is a signature. Everything helps.

It would probably be through DC comics, and Shawn would be doing it, probably with Vogel to iron things out.

This would help explain things, and possibly fix all the nonsense that's been going on with their story mishaps.

The comics are great, which is why I reached out to Shawn and not Vogel and Dom G and the team.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/29/2015 10:40 PMStatus ::

^^

BADASS6669Posted: 04/29/2015 10:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

I've been posting this everywhere as well I'm down John Snow!!! What we need is Survey bots

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
Jenafella56Posted: 04/29/2015 10:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::9

Hope Kittelson be the writer for the next story mode than

OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 04/29/2015 11:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::2368

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
sharefrock Wrote:

This.

What do you mean "this"? That was the ranting of a miserable 13 year old.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/30/2015 12:36 AMStatus ::

If we can get this thing up to 3000 (God help me...) then this is a very real item we'd get.

I think if Tremor can happen, we can definitely do this.

ChromePosted: 04/30/2015 03:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::16005
Nationality::Hungary

This would only be interesting if it actually covers multiple variations of the story.

So, I do not want the current MK9-X events of the storyline, but I want the whole evolution of the thing: back when MK1 came out, I want to know about everything Shang Lo, Miyamoto Yoo-Shin-Soo etc. and how those things changed.

If I want the story, I would play MKX. I want the what ifs, the missed opportunities, and the goddamn explanation for the shit going on in MK4.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/30/2015 11:04 AMStatus ::

That's essentially what we're asking for, Chrome.

We want previous time line and current, essentially with all the goings on and explanations.

A book like this would essentially force them to answer questions about the canon and finally put it into words. Also, it would show all the different designs, character evolution, stories behind stages, worlds, races, etc.

AFKAWPosted: 05/01/2015 07:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::97

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
sharefrock Wrote:

This.

OK, two pathetic idiots detected. Also, Chrome saying something that actually makes sense and doesn't sound like complaint...? Wow. Just wow.

Artist Formerly Known as Who...?
Dragon Points:
sharefrockPosted: 05/01/2015 08:27 AMStatus ::

AFKAW Wrote:

OK, two pathetic idiots detected.

Dunno why you would call someone an idiot for stating his opinion, it almost seems like you are saying that our OPINION is wrong.

Umm... I guess now we can officially say that you are the dumbass here.

Dragon Points:
Ninja_ArtsPosted: 05/01/2015 12:10 PMStatus ::

Fellas, come on now.

This is about getting this petition some love, and we need to get it signed and shared all over the internet.

AFKAWPosted: 05/01/2015 04:04 PMStatus ::

Ninja_Arts Wrote:
Fellas, come on now.

This is about getting this petition some love, and we need to get it signed and shared all over the internet.

As much I liked this endeavor to succeed, I am afraid it'll take quite a time, if it's even happens. Also, with "fans" like this, I am not sure if there any point to go extra mile and present something, that some people here will hate by default out of fanatical and stupid principle.

sharefrock Wrote:
AFKAW Wrote:

OK, two pathetic idiots detected.

Dunno why you would call someone an idiot for stating his opinion, it almost seems like you are saying that our OPINION is wrong.

Umm... I guess now we can officially say that you are the dumbass here.

Your opinion is not only wrong, but was articulated like that of "13 year old dumb teenager".
So, no, as usual, you are the dumbass. Fanatical and pathetic.

Dragon Points:
AcidSpit95Posted: 05/01/2015 04:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::547

I just signed it , I think it would be cool to get an encyclopedia for Mortal Kombat

photo acidspit_zpsbmq0pbro.jpg Thanks for the sig unleash_your_tounge
sharefrockPosted: 05/01/2015 04:37 PMStatus ::

AFKAW Wrote:

Your opinion is not only wrong, but was articulated like that of "13 year old dumb teenager".

So, no, as usual, you are the dumbass. Fanatical and pathetic.

Somebody is having a bad day. I kind of sympathies with you though, I wouldn't be so happy if I always got made fun of.

Don't worry, I won't be another person who makes fun of you for being a bit... "Slow".

Actually let me try to be the first to help you, an opinion can't be wrong, here is an example, you like Justin bieber, you think he is the best and that anybody including you would love to be with him. That's an opinion, it's your opinion, I can't say you are wrong otherwise I'll look like you, a dumbass.

Dragon Points:
TigrarShokanPosted: 05/01/2015 05:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::4

I'll sign it if you have a clause in there stating the events of MKX were a bad dream Raiden had and should not be considered cannon.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 05/02/2015 12:26 AMStatus ::

Look I'm not promising anything, but I know that this is a long time coming. I'd appreciate any and all help, and anyone who shares and signs multiple times, will be remembered.

AFKAWPosted: 05/02/2015 08:23 AMStatus ::

sharefrock Wrote:
Somebody is having a bad day. I kind of sympathies with you though, I wouldn't be so happy if I always got made fun of.

Don't worry, I won't be another person who makes fun of you for being a bit... "Slow".

Actually let me try to be the first to help you, an opinion can't be wrong, here is an example, you like Justin bieber, you think he is the best and that anybody including you would love to be with him. That's an opinion, it's your opinion, I can't say you are wrong otherwise I'll look like you, a dumbass.

It's kind of strange to hear from low grade troll, that somebody else is constantly been made fun of. Especially considering comments you've received in different threads.

Also, about being "slow": it's not me who acting like an autistic kid, ranting how game is bad and NRS should feel bad and the like, at every possible instance.

But I guess you like projecting, well, be my guest. I've seen lots of people like you. HINT: all of them were pathetic.

Now logic school for small children, because you desperately need it: opinions can be wrong.
Earth is flat. Factually wrong opinion.
Sky is solid. Factually wrong opinion.
sharefrock is smart. Factually wrong opinion.
Professor Ankha is sane. Totally wrong opinion.

See? That's how it works. School session is over, try not to lose your lunch money on the way home, kid.
Dismissed.

TigrarShokan Wrote:
I'll sign it if you have a clause in there stating the events of MKX were a bad dream Raiden had and should not be considered cannon.

Gladly, that'll happen only in your dreams, mate.
Dragon Points:
sharefrockPosted: 05/02/2015 08:47 AMStatus ::

AFKAW Wrote:

It's kind of strange to hear from low grade troll, that somebody else is constantly been made fun of. Especially considering comments you've received in different threads.

Also, about being "slow": it's not me who acting like an autistic kid, ranting how game is bad and NRS should feel bad and the like, at every possible instance.

But I guess you like projecting, well, be my guest. I've seen lots of people like you. HINT: all of them were pathetic.

Now logic school for small children, because you desperately need it: opinions can be wrong.

Earth is flat. Factually wrong opinion.

Sky is solid. Factually wrong opinion.

sharefrock is smart. Factually wrong opinion.

Professor Ankha is sane. Totally wrong opinion.

See? That's how it works. School session is over, try not to lose your lunch money on the way home, kid.

Dismissed.

TigrarShokan Wrote:

I never said the game is bad, so either you have the wrong address or you truly are slow, I said that you are slow as a joke but it seems to be completely true.

I said the story is bad but I'm not surprised you took it as the game is bad, after all you are slow, so I'll forgive you for that.

As for your lesson/school. I hate to tell you this but you shouldn't become a teacher because you contradicted yourself. Again I'm not surprised, you are slow after all.

You say the Earth is flat, FACTUALLY wrong. Exactly, it's a fact that the Earth is not flat therefore it can't be somebody's opinion that it isn't.

Games are about preference therefore there is no fact to whether it's good or not. it's about what you personally like/prefer and that in turn means that NOPE, my opinion can't be wrong about whether I like something or not.

Unless you are going to say "It's a fact that you like the story" which I wouldn't be surprised if you said that, like I said I sympathies with you and I do understand that your slow which is why I'm trying to explain things as simple as I can.

I kind of understand why you are mad, you even said it yourself that you've seen a lot of people like me, it must be really hard to see a lot of smart people when you are slow.

It's okay, man. Like I said before, I won't be another person to make fun of you for being slow, buddies forever :).
LokheitPosted: 05/02/2015 10:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

Lol MKX story was like 1000 times better than MK9, I didn't spoil it until I played so I missed most of the threads about it, but why are some folks SO mad about it?

Yeah there are a couple episodes that I would've liked to see expanded, some characters missed it for no reason and some costumes are non canon, but it was sooooko much better than MK9, I actually think they're on a goos direction.

And all the characters that died have a way to return (*spoilers* Shang Tsung laboratory and soul trasplant, netherealm revenant well, IA creating a new body like in soooo many films, etc...) so it's not like it's the end of the world for the fans of those folks.

This time they took more time to develope their characters and while there were still a couple of idiotic development that frankly were expected, MK is still at the top pf fighting games stories and lore IMHO.

Page of 9

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.