Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 4 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • December 14th, 2018
    Best Buy Remove Liu Kang & Sub-Zero From MK11 Listing [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Record Speedrunner Beats MK3 In Under 5 Minutes [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Todd McFarlane Thinks Spawn Will Be in Mortal Kombat 11 [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Cinemassacre Ponders Shouting Mortal Kombat Kid [Read On]
  • December 12th, 2018
    James Wan Comments On MK Movie Delays [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

MK11 Trailer MVP?
Raiden (30.2%)
Scorpion (17.7%)
Shao Kahn (22.9%)
Mystery Character (29.1%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/14/2015 08:11 PMStatus ::
Van Dien & Ashby Make Movie Magic as Cage Meets Cage

In Mortal Kombat X, the "Stunt Double" variation lets Johnny Cage summon a shadow clone for twice the impact. That must be why we're seeing double! There were no special effects required when Casper Van Dien met Linden Ashby - seen together hitting the gym in new photos!

The photos come via Van Dien, who is the most recent actor to assume the sunglasses of Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat: Legacy II.

The star of films like Starship Troopers and Sleepy Hollow is set to reprise the role of Cage in a third live-action webseries. He's one of the few actors confirmed and seen filming during January production. Cage returns as a veteran of kombat in the now completed series, yet to receive an official release date [full story].

For long time fans Linden Ashby is an actor who needs no introduction! As one of the stars of the Paul W. Anderson directed Mortal Kombat feature film; Ashby defined the character for many early fans! His portrayal of a smug Hollywood action hero fighting for legitimacy in a world of magic and death mirrored and enhanced the work of creative lead John Tobias.

Delivering many memorable lines ("Those were $500 sunglasses, asshole!"); Ashby's portrayal was so beloved - it was even paid homage in Mortal Kombat X in character intros, and early story mode sequences involving Scorpion!

The original Mortal Kombat movie celebrates its 20th anniversary this month. News of Furious 7 Director James Wan joining a new film as Producer has sparked fresh enthusiasm for a feature film reboot [full story].

Could Ashby be destined for a cameo in the film or webseries? Register to follow and discuss all the movie developments on the Media & Merchandise forum. Spread the word and support the community by liking & sharing links via @MK_Online and Facebook!

subzerofan316Posted: 08/14/2015 09:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::2179
Nationality::United States
RE: Van Dien & Ashby Make Movie Magic as Cage Meets Cage

First!!

johnny_cage_winPosted: 08/14/2015 10:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::2405

. . .Maybe Ashby plays Cage in the present and Van Dien plays him in the past in the web series? That would be cool.

Love me some Linden Ashby. I have an autographed pic of him from Mortal Kombat: the movie on my wall. It's one of my absolute favorite possessions.

krajaxPosted: 08/15/2015 04:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::3078

"Those were 500 dollar sunglasses asshole."

KenshiMaster16Posted: 08/17/2015 01:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::10354

Ashby always was and will always be who I envision when I think Johnny Cage. Same goes for that entire first films cast. It's had such a lasting effect on me.

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.