Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Most Anticipated Premier?
Powergirl (50%)
Green Lantern (20.9%)
Reverse-Flash (29.0%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 21st, 2017
    1:3 Scale Mortal Kombat X Goro Statue Looms Large [Read On]
  • February 14th, 2017
    Injustice 2: Here Come The Girls Trailer [Read On]
  • February 13th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Cast Grows in Swamp Thing Reveal Trailer [Read On]
  • February 9th, 2017
    Injustice 2: 13 Minutes of Black Canary Gameplay [Read On]
  • February 6th, 2017
    Updated Injustice 2 Character Art & Bios [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 09/02/2015 11:31 AMStatus ::
MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena

With the promise of official news sometime this week, we have a fresh batch of clues pointing squarely at the return of klassic arena The Pit in Mortal Kombat X!

Mortal Kombat master of ceremonies Ed Boon was back on Twitter, displaying his second image of an MK moon with the word "ENCORE". While the first moon suggested the original Pit (by way of a starry MK Trilogy night), the latest [pictured above] has the spires and purple hue of Mortal Kombat II or the revamped Mortal Kombat (2011) version.

Encore could refer to the fact this will be a faithful recreation of a klassic arena, but as its a second moon, it may also suggest The Pit in MKX will come with more than one appearance. Several Mortal Kombat X arenas have two slightly distinct versions, some signifying the invading corruption of Shinnok: The Dead Wood, Sky Temple, Jinsei Chamber.

With the klassic focus revisiting territory already covered in the last game, and a lot of memorable arenas created for that game, "encore" could also hint at the remastering of existing assets. The encore image appears to directly reference MK2011 artwork [read more].

Further cementing expectations for a throwback Pit are new textures uncovered by Mortal Kombat Online affiliate Murdoink! The moon is a given at this point, with silhouettes of Santa Claus and a witch directly calling back the original Mortal Kombat Pit!

Silhouettes could be seen floating past the moon in versions of Mortal Kombat alluding to opportunities to unlock the series' original hidden character: Reptile.

The new assets can't be presumed to suggest a hidden character will find his way into the new game. Once traditional secret characters have become a thing of the past for modern Mortal Kombats in lieu of DLC. It is, however, all but confirmation of The Pit's return!

[Related Topic: Kountdown: Top 10 Hidden & Unlockable Characters]

Looking forward to the return of The Pit? Register to share your nostalgic expectation in the Mortal Kombat X forum! What other klassic arenas do you hope to see? Check out Mortal Kombat Online's Top 10 and share your own! Like and share this story via MK_Online & Facebook.

frabnPosted: 09/02/2015 12:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::530
Nationality::United States
RE: MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena

Boner.

That is all.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
oraclePosted: 09/02/2015 12:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::9315

Pit II or keep it to yourself tbh.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tetra_VegaPosted: 09/02/2015 12:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::2419
Nationality::Canada

Carpe noctem!

Anybody else get a Smoke vibe from this one?

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
frabnPosted: 09/02/2015 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::530

I'm getting the feeling that "Encore" means we'll be seeing a bunch of MK9ers return. Think "Encore" presentation or the "encore" at the end of a show - in simplest terms, it's "do it again!".

So my guess is the "encore pack" as i'm calling it, will consist of a few MK9 arenas and characters...most likely Sindel, Baraka, Rain - character that could be fought in MKX, but not yet playable characters. The assets exist, so it would be relatively easy to finish them. Hence your "Encore" pack - MK9 arenas and characters coming back for a another run.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Tetra_VegaPosted: 09/02/2015 01:13 PMStatus ::

Do it all again?

Punching ninjas under stars
Gettin wounds, n battle scars
On your mobile, playin kards
Last bloody fight!

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
ReptileFinallyPosted: 09/02/2015 01:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::3495

Please be The Pit.. I'm so in love with every rendition it's had. Adding any of them to MKX would be a dream come true.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 09/02/2015 01:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::9964

You know, just to play devil's advocate here, the term Encore could mean repeat as just referring to the stage itself and not necessarily the characters. Or, it could mean Encore as additional acting as an acknowledgement that fans want another round of DLC, not necessarily all MK9 characters.

Just an alternative thought.... You'd think if it was a pack consisting of only MK9 players, he might've captioned it something a little more appropriate like "Flashback" or "Icons" or even "Legends." After all, the Trilogy cast is MK's bread and butter essentially.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 09/02/2015 02:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::6164

I just want the trilogy star filled version back.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
BADASS6669Posted: 09/02/2015 02:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::5690

I'll take anything. But I think this means we'll get an "Encore" of awesome MK9 Arenas.

NRS love to do things in 4's

Hell
Pit
Subway
Deadpool

Next 4
Living Forrest
Goro's Lair
Armory
Kotal Kahn's Arena or Throne Room

Other Arenas I would love to see
MK:DA Portal
MK:DA Nethership Deck
MK:D Slaughter House
MK:D Ying Yang

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
VampwolfPosted: 09/02/2015 03:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::33

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
You know, just to play devil's advocate here, the term Encore could mean repeat as just referring to the stage itself and not necessarily the characters. Or, it could mean Encore as additional acting as an acknowledgement that fans want another round of DLC, not necessarily all MK9 characters.

Just an alternative thought.... You'd think if it was a pack consisting of only MK9 players, he might've captioned it something a little more appropriate like "Flashback" or "Icons" or even "Legends." After all, the Trilogy cast is MK's bread and butter essentially.

I think it's just a Klassik Stages Pack, not necessarily characters.

Blade4693Posted: 09/02/2015 05:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Lemme get The Pit, The Deadpool, and The Wastelands :)

Tetra_VegaPosted: 09/02/2015 05:35 PMStatus ::

That tower has me thinking Belltower...

Ka-Tra

mkdfanPosted: 09/02/2015 05:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::8513
Nationality::England

I'd take anything, I effin love this game!

nightbreed_16Posted: 09/02/2015 08:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::259

I'd gladly accept more stages new and classic to this game.

I will rock you.
shrairyuwarriorPosted: 09/02/2015 11:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::1013

Yeah more stages are definitely what we need. I'll take it all, skins, stages, fatalities, kombatants.

PSN:athlos23
barakallPosted: 09/03/2015 05:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::1673

I get how people are nostalgic, but out of all the arenas that they could put in, you seriously want the most generic one?? I mean, it's just a bridge, there's nothing they could really do to make it more special..

A pit fatality would make it a bit better, but would be weird if one arena has it and they would need to do give every character a arena specific fatality input. That would take a lot of work, so I doubt that's going to happen.

DG1OAPosted: 09/03/2015 09:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::4781

I'd rather we get the Pit 2 or 3, or all of them as alts (like the infected versions of Terran stages), complete with all three stage fatalities being selectable like in Kratos' MK9 stage.

Page of 1

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.