Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Most Anticipated Premier?
Powergirl (50%)
Green Lantern (20.9%)
Reverse-Flash (29.0%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 21st, 2017
    1:3 Scale Mortal Kombat X Goro Statue Looms Large [Read On]
  • February 14th, 2017
    Injustice 2: Here Come The Girls Trailer [Read On]
  • February 13th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Cast Grows in Swamp Thing Reveal Trailer [Read On]
  • February 9th, 2017
    Injustice 2: 13 Minutes of Black Canary Gameplay [Read On]
  • February 6th, 2017
    Updated Injustice 2 Character Art & Bios [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 6

Mick-LuciferPosted: 09/03/2015 05:05 PMStatus ::
New Mortal Kombat X DLC Announced for 2016

An announcement out of Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment is linking yesterday's confirmation of more DLC characters to a surprise 2016 download release.

No information regarding specific characters or quantity has been confirmed, but the announcement promises more character skins and a new environment.

Ed Boon floated the possibility of klassic arena DLC in May. The Pit quickly became the focus of intense speculation: a July update providing coding evidence of its return [full story]. Boon finally began teasing the arena earlier this week, with a subsequent update further suggesting the original incarnation.

Mortal Kombat X completed its first Kombat Pack with the release of Tremor in July. It was a rushed finish, concluding the four character cycle with Predator also released in July.

Who's next? Register to join the speculation and follow news on the Mortal Kombat X forum. Spread the word by liking and sharing news via @MK_Online and Facebook.

SimeonkalcutPosted: 09/03/2015 03:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::39
this is the announcement (no reveal trailer very disappointing)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/09/03/new-mortal-kombat-x-dlc-announced-for-2016?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

by then I won't even care about mk x this is the announcement

MrSchmuckHeadPosted: 09/03/2015 03:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::1560
Nationality::United States
RE: this is the announcement (no reveal trailer very disappointing)

MKO users should stop getting into emotional turmoil over their own assumptions. The day isn't halfway over yet, and if there is no trailer, so what? People have been begging for KP2 and now we know we are definitely getting it. If you really cannot wait, try playing another video game or something. Mortal Kombat is fucking awesome but their are other awesome games to hold you over till the next batch comes out. Or you could play Mortal Kombat X itself.

Blade4693Posted: 09/03/2015 03:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

2016? Ugh. Well that's better than nothing at all I guess, and it does take time to make new character so ok lol

SimeonkalcutPosted: 09/03/2015 03:18 PMStatus ::

MrSchmuckHead Wrote:
MKO users should stop getting into emotional turmoil over their own assumptions. The day isn't halfway over yet, and if there is no trailer, so what? People have been begging for KP2 and now we know we are definitely getting it. If you really cannot wait, try playing another video game or something. Mortal Kombat is fucking awesome but their are other awesome games to hold you over till the next batch comes out. Or you could play Mortal Kombat X itself.

in 2016 its stupid, I struggled to stay hyped for kp 1 and didnt even buy it in the end

The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 09/03/2015 03:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::2355
Nationality::Canada

This tells me NONE of the coming DLC was planned from the start . They've probably been working on some of it for a few weeks at most.

Planned DLC like the first KP and the skin packs were released pretty much in a timely manner.

This is them listening to people asking for more, getting into meeting, deciding to give more, then working on it.

4 to 10 months is still a long way to go when you're waiting for something but I can't wait to learn more.

Dantesd94Posted: 09/03/2015 03:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::752
Nationality::Ecuador

Simeonkalcut Wrote:
MrSchmuckHead Wrote:

in 2016 its stupid, I struggled to stay hyped for kp 1 and didnt even buy it in the end

Stupid??

Dou you know how much render, do motion capture, test, etc requires to its needed to make a character??

Really man. Its not even a week of programing for a single character.

Waiting is awfull, i agreed with that. But be realistic at least.

b-rad007Posted: 09/03/2015 03:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::551

Dantesd94 Wrote:
Simeonkalcut Wrote:
MrSchmuckHead Wrote:

Stupid??

Dou you know how much render, do motion capture, test, etc requires to its needed to make a character??

its a bad idea to have that long of a delay though.There aren't many bigger diehard fans of mk than me and Interest in the game is gonna go way down when fallout and Star wars battle front come out.. I really hope ign got the timeframe wrong because sales will not be what nrs wants if it comes out in 16..

"JOHNNYBOUGHTACAR"-Raiden, protector of Earthrealm
SimeonkalcutPosted: 09/03/2015 04:04 PMStatus ::

Dantesd94 Wrote:
Simeonkalcut Wrote:
MrSchmuckHead Wrote:

Stupid??

we have been waiting since july and now it is september having to wait even more is ridiculous. dont think this was planned at all

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 09/03/2015 04:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::6164

I don't care about waiting- the rest of this year will speed past. I just wanna know WHO we are getting.

I do wish we were getting another 6 characters instead of 4. But I just wish they qould announce who.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
KenshiMaster16Posted: 09/03/2015 04:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::9964

People should just sit and think about this. Yes, this probably wasn't planned from the beginning but the fact we're getting a KP2 at all is something worth celebrating, right?

After all, we're probably getting another 5-6 skin packs, an arena (with likely two variations of it) and 4 characters. That means they now have at least 4 months to give these characters good fatalities, brutalities, variations, x-rays, throws, specials, combos, unique animations, intros, ect and hopefully come out of the gate tested and unbroken and not just toss together scraps of what possibly "just barely" got cut from the initial game.

This is a plus, I say. I'll remain optimistic.

KoldKombatPosted: 09/03/2015 04:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::731
Nationality::Canada

If true, this does NOT mean Sindel, Baraka & Rain are out of the question to be coming much sooner. Technically, those are not really surprises or worthy of a big secret reveal. KP2 2016 and Story Pack of the above 3 in the Fall.

They would take a lost less work being that they already have full playable models.

IceMambaPosted: 09/03/2015 04:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::1205

KoldKombat Wrote:
If true, this does NOT mean Sindel, Baraka & Rain are out of the question to be coming much sooner. Technically, those are not really surprises or worthy of a big secret reveal. KP2 2016 and Story Pack of the above 3 in the Fall.

They would take a lost less work being that they already have full playable models.

Its true. WB has the Press Release.

Top 5 MK Fighters: Scorpion, Shao Kahn, Raiden, Shinnok, Shang Tsung
SimeonkalcutPosted: 09/03/2015 04:32 PMStatus ::

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I don't care about waiting- the rest of this year will speed past. I just wanna know WHO we are getting.

I do wish we were getting another 6 characters instead of 4. But I just wish they qould announce who.

^This I can wait for a while but I need to know who is in it

Dantesd94Posted: 09/03/2015 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::752
Nationality::Ecuador

b-rad007 Wrote:
Dantesd94 Wrote:
Simeonkalcut Wrote:
MrSchmuckHead Wrote:

Stupid??

its a bad idea to have that long of a delay though.There aren't many bigger diehard fans of mk than me and Interest in the game is gonna go way down when fallout and Star wars battle front come out.. I really hope ign got the timeframe wrong because sales will not be what nrs wants if it comes out in 16..

Thats totally correct, but now more than ever, MKX has got a bigger fan base, with tournaments youtubers etc, that will totally advertise the game alone. The next big titles that are coming except for ST5 don´t even are in the same category of MK.

This would actually Help MK to not disapier in the tournaments escene when KI season 3 and ST5 comes out.

Its not good overcharged the market launching all the content of a product at once (in this case a content that isn´t even finish) Especially when MK is constantly leading tournaments. Because just like with patches, players would have to learn again new matchups and of course new characters comes with fixes.

This is been made because MKX is the highest selling game of the first part of 2015.

Agreed that this wasn´t planed at all. Thats why the DLC name is ENCORE. Like a Final extra note of a concert when its already finish. And thats why it will take a while.

Just like KI realising a Season 3.

If this pack does come out in 2016 I think it will revive MKX life time. And of course. The fans asked more, and now we have to wait.

DarkkPosted: 09/03/2015 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::529

You sure there's not gonna be a trailer today too? It seems unlikely we would be hyped up with the tweet yesterday just for something like this that confirms nothing that we didn't already know.

Total_AttractionPosted: 09/03/2015 04:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::644
Nationality::Sicily

Oh boo hoo, you have to wait until next year to actually get your hands on carefully created characters that are worked on for months instead of weeks.

You would rather have them rushed like crazy and be completely shitty to play rather than having the developers take their time to make the characters how they want them to be?

I'm sorry you're so fucking impatient and needs to have EVERYTHING handed to you. I would rather wait for them to make this so that I can appreciate the character rather than having them immediately handed to me and feel like they were taken right from Armageddon.

Seriously, calm the fuck down and wait a little. It's already September, 2016 isn't that far from us.

Bite me.
lanoitarnuPosted: 09/03/2015 05:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::684
Nationality::United Kingdom

I doubt it will take that long. It's been over a month since Tremor has released and he was finished like two weeks before that. It takes a bit to make characters but not 5 months. We will get the first new character next month.

What
JadedReignPosted: 09/03/2015 05:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::1603

Total_Attraction Wrote:
Oh boo hoo, you have to wait until next year to actually get your hands on carefully created characters that are worked on for months instead of weeks.

You would rather have them rushed like crazy and be completely shitty to play rather than having the developers take their time to make the characters how they want them to be?

I'm sorry you're so fucking impatient and needs to have EVERYTHING handed to you. I would rather wait for them to make this so that I can appreciate the character rather than having them immediately handed to me and feel like they were taken right from Armageddon.

Seriously, calm the fuck down and wait a little. It's already September, 2016 isn't that far from us.

Sounds like you're the one that needs to calm down.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 09/03/2015 05:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::10404

It will be interesting to see how soon after the release of this second wave of DLC they'll announce a Komplete Edition with everything in it and different box art.

That might really ruffle some feathers.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
JaymzHetfieldPosted: 09/03/2015 05:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::2461

People get the DLC really quickly and accuse the developer of withholding content.

People have to wait for the DLC and complain about having to wait.

Total_AttractionPosted: 09/03/2015 05:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::644
Nationality::Sicily

JadedReign Wrote:
Total_Attraction Wrote:

Why? Because it's stupid to see people complain that we have to actually wait for something instead of getting things immediately and I would like to express how increadibly stupid that sounds? That's all we get from video games now and days. People these days are too impatient, we need everything handed to us immediately. They can't wait just a little bit for things to be made just right so that when they finally get released, it's smooth instead of buggy.

I'm sorry this site is filled with a bunch of sensitive Nancy's here, but for crying out loud, no one ever said anything about us getting these DLCs immediately. People are already bitching that we have to wait until next year, god forbid we have to wait. So no, I don't think I'll "calm down," as if you really think I'm going berserk behind this post. I'm just writing like how I see it, and if you have a problem, grow a thicker skin then.

JaymzHetfield Wrote:
People get the DLC really quickly and accuse the developer of withholding content.

Hey look, someone gets it. Maybe there is hope on here.

Bite me.
redmanPosted: 09/03/2015 05:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::4664

There's not even that many people complaining yet, so why is everyone acting like there is? What the hell lol

I think it's alright. It'll give time for the game to breathe, but if this article is right it's really disappointing that i'm not going to be able to play Fujin for 4+ months. Also only one arena? That's kinda disappointing because we already know what it is, and I wish there was an actual stage pack but it's okay I guess. Hopefully they announce the characters later today.

lanoitarnuPosted: 09/03/2015 05:31 PMStatus ::

Total_Attraction Wrote:
JadedReign Wrote:
Total_Attraction Wrote:

Why? Because it's stupid to see people complain that we have to actually wait for something instead of getting things immediately and I would like to express how increadibly stupid that sounds? That's all we get from video games now and days. People now and days are too impatient, we need everything handed to us immediately. They can't wait just a little bit for things to be made just right so that when they finally get released, it's smooth instead of buggy.

I'm sorry this site is filled with a bunch of sensitive Nancy's here, but for crying out loud, no one ever said anything about us getting these DLCs immediately. People are already bitching that we have to wait until next year, god forbid we have to wait. So no, I don't think I'll "calm down," as if you really think I'm going berserk behind this post. I'm just writing like how I see it, and if you have a problem, grow a thicker skin then.

JaymzHetfield Wrote:

Hey look, someone gets it. Maybe there is hope on here.

Of course people are gonna complain, you can be happy dlc is coming and not happy if the 2016 shit is true. Who the fuck wants to wait 5 months?

What
lanoitarnuPosted: 09/03/2015 05:33 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
There's not even that many people complaining yet, so why is everyone acting like there is? What the hell lol

I think it's alright. It'll give time for the game to breathe, but if this article is right it's really disappointing that i'm not going to be able to play Fujin for 4+ months. Also only one arena? That's kinda disappointing because we already know what it is, and I wish there was an actual stage pack but it's okay I guess. Hopefully they announce the characters later today.

I don't think the 2016 news is true. It doesn't take that long to make the characters and the press release I've seen get quoted a few times has no link or proof of it ever happening.

What
Page of 6

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.