Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Round 1: FIGHT!
Kotal Kahn & D'Vorah (42.1%)
Sheeva & Kintaro (57.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • July 28th, 2017
    Bizarro Am Leaving Injustice 2 Such Soon [Read On]
  • July 28th, 2017
    Arcade Era Mortal Kombat Developers Share Reunion [Read On]
  • July 25th, 2017
    SDCC: Storm Collectibles Preview Prototype Figures [Read On]
  • July 25th, 2017
    SDCC: Storm Collectibles Showcase Klassic Action Figures [Read On]
  • July 25th, 2017
    SDCC: Comic Con Exclusive Noob Saibot Action Figure [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Fan Koliseum

The arena for Mortal Kombat Fantasy Fights and Kommunity Kombat!
Page of 4

Mick-LuciferPosted: 09/21/2015 08:31 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X Faction Invasion - Orderrealm (Rain)

He was sired from the loins of gods, but his desires for mortal power overwhelm his noble heritage! The next Invasion Boss has launched full scale war against online players in Mortal Kombat X!

This time it's Rain who leaps out of story mode and into the fray in the name of Orderrealm! The Edenian demi-god represents the ultimate challenge - one you won't overcome on your own! This will be a team effort as the boss tier threat pushes you to do what damage you can, before succumbing to nigh inevitable defeat.

Players can choose to join the White Lotus Society, Lin Kuei, Special Forces, Black Dragon or Brotherhood of Shadow. Representing a clan earns points toward special unlockable items and achievements, with every action in the game contributing to your clan's total assault! Use clan recruitment posts on the forum to share valuable boss strategies to help spur your faction to victory!

Choose your destiny and fight for them - or against them! Had a change of heart? For a small points penalty, you can switch clans at any time. Rising through the ranks of each clan will offer in-game benefits! Learn more about Clans & Invasions in the Mortal Kombat X: Faction War Introduction!

EDITOR'S NOTE
Great to see another NPC following on from Sindel. It's a major step toward making Invasion Bosses the event-based attractions they should be. The only thing missing is a more disciplined use of the realms. The same fans who'll respond to battling special NPC opponents will also be frustrated by haphazard in-fiction references (eg; Seido). NetherRealm really need to figure out if they're hot or cold on their once expansive universe - preferably hot - and get back to making the most of it. Being half-in and half-out has, at times, made the reboot era unsatisfying. Tanya's naginata makes us wish for a patch that maps a Hotaru skin to an Invasion Boss assets remix.

Whose side are you on? Register to discuss the invasion on the Mortal Kombat X forum, or share boss beating tips with your clan in the Fan Koliseum! Show your true colors by selecting a clan avatar from the Icon Library in your User Settings. Represent and recruit by liking & sharing stories via @MK_Online and Facebook!

ActingArtistPosted: 09/18/2015 09:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::3268
Nationality::United States
Rain is the new Invasion Boss

Hey all,

I was surprised this news wasn't mentioned here yet. Rain is this week's invasion boss. He looks and plays just like he did in story mode. He's got the triple lightning strikes, the roundhouse kick, and water bubble. Didn't see any other moves, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

I wonder if Baraka will be next week.

And again, are these invasion bosses a hint of future DLC, or an homage?

Dragon Points:
SaurienDeityPosted: 09/18/2015 10:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::1956
RE: Rain is the new Invasion Boss

Well this is actually true.

Rain is the invasion boss this week.

ViSilvaPosted: 09/18/2015 10:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::666
Nationality::Brazil

I do not want to pay the same DLC . Sorry , but I think it still will not come

photo sdww2_zpsvmchsi30.png
unleash_your_toungePosted: 09/18/2015 11:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Well that's exciting.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 09/18/2015 11:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Willing to bet Baraka will be next week's invasion boss. This puts my mind at ease about Sindel.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
raidenthefridgePosted: 09/18/2015 12:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

I don't think it's a hint towards DLC its just using assets that are already in the game.

They should have been doing it from the start tho in MK2/3 towers.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
JadedReignPosted: 09/18/2015 12:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::1603

...and he's a fabulous troll. Loves to trap you in the bubble and just stand there, letting the timer tick away.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 09/18/2015 01:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

JadedReign Wrote:
...and he's a fabulous troll. Loves to trap you in the bubble and just stand there, letting the timer tick away.

Clever, clever.

Actually might be a viable tactic should he ever be released. Standing reset and all.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
PaletteSwap40000Posted: 09/18/2015 01:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::531

I think it has more to do with the last patch than anything for the future. Doesn't really hint towards either type of conclusion. I still think we should get Rain as free DLC as a prelude to KP2 even if he has no variation system (yet).

oraclePosted: 09/18/2015 01:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::9341

If it's just them using assets then their timing is awful.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KenshiMaster16Posted: 09/18/2015 02:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::10088

oracle Wrote:
If it's just them using assets then their timing is awful.

This. It's cool and all but like months too late. lol If it was that easy to import them into the game, we should've been seeing all the old MK9 characters come back just for one day as an Invasion Boss. I'm sure its not that difficult to do.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 09/18/2015 03:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::6169

I fail to see why everyone thinks that now that Rain (and possibly Baraka next week ) are "invasion bosses" that it counts them out as future DLC, I fail to see that logic.

I still believe we'll be seeing all three as DLC some way or another.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
Ion3008Posted: 09/18/2015 03:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::8797

Reused Assets or not they're much much prettier than in MK9.

They took the time to show that when you are trapped in Rain's Bubble your character looks like they're actually struggling for air due to the bubbles around their face as opposed to just flailing around like in MK9. Most of the fireballs and water effects have work put into them so it would be a shame to see that work wasted on unplayable characters.

Personally I think they only have a handful of stuff from MK9 because that's what's going to be carried over and tweaked when they become playable in X along with new strings and special moves.

ImperatrixSindelPosted: 09/18/2015 03:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::675

Yeah they're not MK9 assets. They're total remodels and their projectiles etc are entirely new. Sindel also has some new animations in MKX, as does Baraka (I don't remember MK9 Rain as well). That would take time to do with more characters.

nightbreed_16Posted: 09/18/2015 03:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::259

I have a big feeling Rain will be the question mark character after Kombat Pack 2 is finished to finally komplete the roster with 34 kharacters.

I will rock you.
ImperatrixSindelPosted: 09/18/2015 03:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::675

nightbreed_16 Wrote:
I have a big feeling Rain will be the question mark character after Kombat Pack 2 is finished to finally komplete the roster with 34 kharacters.

This is actually my prediction too. Baraka and Sindel in KP2 with two others from scratch, then Rain to cap off the game.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 09/18/2015 05:31 PMStatus ::

ImperatrixSindel Wrote:
nightbreed_16 Wrote:

This is actually my prediction too. Baraka and Sindel in KP2 with two others from scratch, then Rain to cap off the game.

Then I would be 100% satisfied. I know some others won't be, especially those hoping for "Smoke" and "Noob" and "Cyrax" ect, but I'll be alright. I do want Li Mei, but I could deal with her exclusion.

If it all pans out like it is seeming too, this will be the first time that I could truly say that I'm OK with the MKX roster.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
MKfan99Posted: 09/18/2015 05:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::2252

Every one is sooooo sure Baraka and Sindel will make the DLC cut... Why is no one assuming Smoke will make it in as well? He was more popular than both those characters in the last game i.m.o. Not to mention had the most improvement and story development... If any revenant deserves to be included its him.

Nothing against those characters, or Rain for that matter...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
KenshiMaster16Posted: 09/18/2015 06:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::10088

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
ImperatrixSindel Wrote:
nightbreed_16 Wrote:

Then I would be 100% satisfied. I know some others won't be, especially those hoping for "Smoke" and "Noob" and "Cyrax" ect, but I'll be alright. I do want Li Mei, but I could deal with her exclusion.

If it all pans out like it is seeming too, this will be the first time that I could truly say that I'm OK with the MKX roster.

I think a lot of us are in agreement there. Trilogy characters like Smoke, Noob and even Cyrax being DLC would almost be a disservice at this point. Their returns should be more celebratory than that of a DLC spot, especially given how their stories were left after MK9.

The honor right now for DLC spots should go to characters who made some sort of appearance in MKX, be it either cameo or NPC function.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 09/18/2015 07:14 PMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
ImperatrixSindel Wrote:
nightbreed_16 Wrote:

The honor right now for DLC spots should go to characters who made some sort of appearance in MKX, be it either cameo or NPC function.

Couldn't agree more bro.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 09/18/2015 07:19 PMStatus ::

MKfan99 Wrote:
Every one is sooooo sure Baraka and Sindel will make the DLC cut... Why is no one assuming Smoke will make it in as well? He was more popular than both those characters in the last game i.m.o. Not to mention had the most improvement and story development... If any revenant deserves to be included its him.

If you're hoping for Smoke- hope for Smoke. No ones taking that away from you.

Ion3008Posted: 09/18/2015 07:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::8797

MKfan99 Wrote:

-Enenra was never an NPC
-No new costume, his MK9 Alternate but with yellow revenant veins
-Doesn't look like anyone in the silhouette picture
-Serves as a faction kill cameo instead

That's why

raidenthefridgePosted: 09/18/2015 07:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I fail to see why everyone thinks that now that Rain (and possibly Baraka next week ) are "invasion bosses" that it counts them out as future DLC, I fail to see that logic.

I don't think people are saying that this deconfirms them as DLC but instead simply stating that it doesn't confirm or hint toward them as suggested by the OP. The likelihood of NPCs being DLC remains the same as before.

I know your a Rain fan so best of luck anyways.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
MKfan99Posted: 09/20/2015 11:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::2252

Yes well Tanya looks different than her in game model. If they are going to just repackage the NPCs as DLC they will atleast give them a visual make over or upgrade.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Page of 4

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.