Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (24.6%)
Jade (39.7%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (27.3%)
Freddy Krueger (8.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 7th, 2018
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • February 5th, 2018
    Injustice 2 Ninja Turtles Reveal This Week [Read On]
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/07/2016 02:13 PMStatus ::
Injustice 2 Promotional Poster Leaks

Injustice sequel or Mortal Kombat 11? Polygon may have answered the question thanks a reader tip with the first look at a new promotional poster for Injustice 2.

The poster features Batman and The Flash in all-new designs that continue NetherRealm Studios' unique take on the classic characters. There are evident aesthetic influences going both ways between the burgeoning DC Extended Universe films. Parts of Batman's bulkier armored suit have green lighting - a possible Kryptonite defense? Other upgrades for a unique threat presenting in Injustice 2, from Earth - or beyond?

The tagline "Every Battle Defines You" is reminiscent of often repeated mantra from the Christopher Nolan directed Batman Begins, with moral implications that may imply further distortion of the once incorruptible Justice League.

The poster has been issued to Gamstop stores as part of a pre-order offer. A similar poster leak spoiled the announcement of Mortal Kombat X in late May, 2014 [full story]. An official announcement is expected sometime before E3.

[Related Article: Mystery Boot Teases Upcoming NetherRealm Character]

What will be among us? Register to discuss all things DC Comics and Injustice 2 in the DC Universe Injustice forum. Got a tip? Let us know by submitting a newslead!

SlickRick82Posted: 06/07/2016 11:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::2459
Nationality::England
Injustice 2 leak

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/7/11876346/leaked-promo-posters-show-off-injustice-2

I'll pop this here for now.

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud
Kabal20Posted: 06/07/2016 12:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::6204
Nationality::United States
Leaked poster for Injustice 2

Not my image, but from Polygon:

Looks like Batman and Flash are pretty much confirmed.

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 06/07/2016 12:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada
RE: Injustice 2 leak

Leaked by a Gamestop employee who received the poster to be given as a pre-order bonus.

Followed by this post from Boon :

unleash_your_toungePosted: 06/07/2016 12:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818
RE: Injustice 2 leak

Good.

Gamestop blows.

Fingers crossed for Amazon exclusives.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
cek12345Posted: 06/07/2016 12:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::3982
RE: Leaked poster for Injustice 2

Well you beat me. I posted the same thing in the Future MK Games section. Good looking out. Yeah it does seem to confirm both Batman and The Flash. Doesn't seem like a fair fight to me.

HauntedGrounds[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
cpleckPosted: 06/07/2016 01:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1125

Good shit!

Kabal20Posted: 06/07/2016 01:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::6204

And Ed's reaction to the leak:

Ed boon Twitter

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

MacyG88Posted: 06/07/2016 02:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::2486
Nationality::Australia

Yippee! Kryptonite-infused armor for Bats? Or maybe it's a Lantern Corps story?

Gah! So excited!

oraclePosted: 06/07/2016 03:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::9369

I mean we knew it was a new Injustice but why the fuck are they fighting now I wonder?

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MacyG88Posted: 06/07/2016 03:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::2486
Nationality::Australia

oracle Wrote:
I mean we knew it was a new Injustice but why the fuck are they fighting now I wonder?

Batman vs Superman box office results.

trynaxPosted: 06/07/2016 06:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::320

I'll pass and wait as long as I have to on the next MK game. Sorry not getting my money on this one.

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard
DetoxPosted: 06/07/2016 07:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::4252

Batman approves.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
AsesinoPosted: 06/07/2016 08:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::14218
Nationality::Bulgaria

MK vs DC konfirmed

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/08/2016 12:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::10144

Blah. Pass.

Warbro666Posted: 06/08/2016 02:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::235
Nationality::New Zealand

I'm excited. Injustice was sick. I have no idea how anyone who is a fan of fighting games can immediately write this off.

I'm even looking forward to the slow trickle of reveals over the coming months. I just hope for lots of sweet villains! Would LOVE to see Black Manta, Atrocitus, Darkseid, Nekron, Cheetah, Scarecrow, Despero, Brainiac... I'd even love it if they had the likes of Ultraman and Owlman like they should have done with the alternate universe in the first game (albeit the story would have to be different, but still)

Mostly just playable Darkseid though. I still play the much maligned MK vs DC every once in a while purely for the fact that I get to use Darkseid.

trynaxPosted: 06/08/2016 07:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::320

Warbro666 Wrote:
I'm excited. Injustice was sick. I have no idea how anyone who is a fan of fighting games can immediately write this off.

I'm even looking forward to the slow trickle of reveals over the coming months. I just hope for lots of sweet villains! Would LOVE to see Black Manta, Atrocitus, Darkseid, Nekron, Cheetah, Scarecrow, Despero, Brainiac... I'd even love it if they had the likes of Ultraman and Owlman like they should have done with the alternate universe in the first game (albeit the story would have to be different, but still)

Mostly just playable Darkseid though. I still play the much maligned MK vs DC every once in a while purely for the fact that I get to use Darkseid.

I'm passing because if I wanted to play a game similar to Street Fighter, then I'd play Street Fighter. Plus the story from the last game was okay yet some of the hippocracy of the characters didn't feel quite right for a DC like story. So if I want a game where fighters have special moves and super moves then I'd play Street Fighter. Just my opinion.

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard
KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/08/2016 07:41 AMStatus ::

Warbro666 Wrote:

My problem is that I have very particular tastes when it comes to stuff. For instance, the reason I got into MK was for the characters and the lore, I could care less that it was a fighting game as I'm generally not good at them. I'm better at shooters or stealth games.

When it comes to Batman however, I prefer the Arkham games as a video game outlet. Why? Because Batman at his core is a psychologically brooding detective who uses fear, intimidation and stealth to his advantage. The psychology that makes the character so relatable, and to me personally so interesting, is immediately tossed out of the window when you put him into something like a fighting game where his entire character becomes nerfed compared to a massively immersive world and story like that of te Arkham games. It would be like taking Johnny Cage and stripping him of his personality.

Thats why I never picked up Injustice and won't pick up the sequel. There is absolutely nothing there for me but just another generic fighter because everything I love about the DC characters and their brand of storytelling is missing or gone completely. The only reason I even pay attention is for the gameplay elements that may eventually make it to a future MK title.

Its just not for me.

DetoxPosted: 06/08/2016 07:51 AMStatus ::

Boon says 8:00 am central...do it.

Photobucket

PickleMendipPosted: 06/08/2016 08:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Blah. Pass.

I feel the same way but not for the same reason. I guess it's because i know from the outset that i won't get a chance to own this game, so i'm not even going to bother with the excitement hype.

I still haven't completed Injustice 1 anyway, i think i got to level 70 and thought 'wow, this is taking way too long' and stopped going for a bit. I'll probably pick it up again at a later point, but i am much more invested in MK than DC, and i would rather get news about that.

Either way, i'm spared the long suffering agony of jumping on the hype train, expectantly waiting, getting news of delay at the last minute then getting let down completely by the cancellation of the post-gen port. I have played MKX about 5 times in all, each time lasting a few days because of that fucking horrendous decision. It wasn't until December that i got a smart phone (as an early Xmas gift) and was able to play the app, otherwise i'd still be without any reason to care.

Thuoghts on an injustice two app? Probably, but i won't bother. The smartphone only has so much room, and MKX is such a huge app it would be silly to forfeit the game i love immensely for a game i only like.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
ebush82Posted: 06/08/2016 08:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::47

I'm very excited! I had a great time with Injustice I can't wait to see what they come up for the sequel!

mkdfanPosted: 06/08/2016 09:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::8517
Nationality::England

Trailer is out! An awesome CG trailer as is tradition with NRS games.
Excited for Supergirl!

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/08/2016 09:20 AMStatus ::

Uh what the fuck? DC Gladiators? I'm so confused. I feel like I watched an anime trailer by mistake.

colbs24Posted: 06/08/2016 09:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::8

I really liked the trailer. wish wonder woman was in but cool to see super girl! and I read the article boon posted and apparently the characters have customizable gear that makes their look and play style different each time you customize which could be pretty cool if done correctly so I am fully on board!!!

DetoxPosted: 06/08/2016 10:16 AMStatus ::

This game looks to be one of NRS' biggest endeavors yet. Apparently they're adding RPG elements yo the game like loot drops, gear for characters that customize their look and augment their abilities. In a Rolling Stone piece, Boon states that The Flash alone has "thousands" of items to collect. That's insane.

Also, Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd confirmed via WB press release.

Photobucket

Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.