Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Most Anticipated Premier?
Powergirl (45.9%)
Green Lantern (18.3%)
Reverse-Flash (35.6%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • April 24th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Brainiac Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • April 20th, 2017
    Injustice 2: Shattered Alliances Trailer 5 - Brainiac [Read On]
  • April 18th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Sprouts Poison Ivy in New Trailer [Read On]
  • April 13th, 2017
    Scarecrow is Fear Itself in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • April 11th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Gear System Spotlight Trailer [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/08/2016 10:34 AMStatus ::
Injustice 2 Announce Trailer Confirms DC Sequel

Every battle defines you in Injustice 2 - the next project from NetherRealm Studios. The first official trailer announces the game that will bring versions of DC Comics superheroes in conflict for a second time! Watch it below:

Superman, Batman Flash and Aquaman return for the trailer, fighting with exciting new addition Supergirl! The reason for the heroes' conflict this time is unknown, but the mysterious new threat seems decidedly gladiatorial.

"Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis."

Fans will "define" themselves with each fight, able to customize their DC heroes and villains with a variety of armor options that change the design and play properties of each character. It's a fresh gimmick that once again distinguishes the DC Comics fighting game from NetherRealm Studios' better established Mortal Kombat series. Players will collect loot in-game, outfitting their fighters with RPG-like upgrades that the character will wear.

"Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players," said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way."

Fans can look forward to confirmed villains: Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd -- villains famed for their longstanding rivalries with heroes like Green Lantern and Flash. Their inclusion - confirmed in a press release today - should narrow down speculation on the mystery foot shared by Ed Boon.

Injustice 2 will be available in 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Mortal Kombat Online will continue to follow further updates. Register to follow the unfolding reveals and tell us everything you're thinking on the DC Universe Injustice forum!

cpleckPosted: 06/08/2016 10:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::1125
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice 2 trailer

Looks pretty damn interesting. Is that James Spader narrating?

SubMan799Posted: 06/08/2016 10:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::15185
Nationality::Vatican City

Confirmed roster -

Superman
Batman
Aquaman
The Flash
Super girl
Gorillia Grodd
Atrocitus

DetoxPosted: 06/08/2016 10:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::4200

Man, the word ambitious may be underselling this one. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

Also, Swamp Thing...do it.

Thanks to MINION for the awesome sig
cpleckPosted: 06/08/2016 10:50 AMStatus ::

I guess that was Bryan Cranston narrating. The trailer looks pretty interesting. I'm wondering if, when your suit evolves, do you gain new abilities?

packetmanPosted: 06/08/2016 10:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::4038

Detox Wrote:
Man, the word ambitious may be underselling this one. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

How would you rate the first injustice detox?

DetoxPosted: 06/08/2016 10:57 AMStatus ::

packetman Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

I liked it honestly. Outside of a couple gripes, it was a really solid first entry.

You?

packetmanPosted: 06/08/2016 11:02 AMStatus ::

Detox Wrote:
packetman Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

I liked it honestly. Outside of a couple gripes, it was a really solid first entry.

You?
I've never played it, that's why I was asking so I could get an idea about injustice 2

DetoxPosted: 06/08/2016 11:11 AMStatus ::

packetman Wrote:
Detox Wrote:
packetman Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

You?
I've never played it, that's why I was asking so I could get an idea about injustice 2

Gotcha. Well, it's back to block, which is a big deal for most. The first game introduced things like dedicated dashes, character traits, and the clash(think breakers in MK).

Its important to go into that game, and hell, this one too, not expecting Mortal Kombat. Its developed by NRS and to an extent, you can tell they share some of the same DNA, but there are just too many people that wanna bash this series "cuz its not MK", and that's not cool. Injustice is strong enough to stand on its own.

packetmanPosted: 06/08/2016 11:37 AMStatus ::

Detox Wrote:
packetman Wrote:
Detox Wrote:
packetman Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

You?

Gotcha. Well, it's back to block, which is a big deal for most. The first game introduced things like dedicated dashes, character traits, and the clash(think breakers in MK).

Its important to go into that game, and hell, this one too, not expecting Mortal Kombat. Its developed by NRS and to an extent, you can tell they share some of the same DNA, but there are just too many people that wanna bash this series "cuz its not MK", and that's not cool. Injustice is strong enough to stand on its own.

Thanks good to know

NCchrisSUPosted: 06/08/2016 11:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::519
RE: Injustice 2 Announce Trailer Confirms DC Sequel

So... it looks like the title doesn't include the roman numeral version of 2 (or 11) as Boon's prior twitter pic included. Could that mean that something else is still in the pipeline? Boon has now changed his twitter pic to I2....

unleash_your_toungePosted: 06/08/2016 11:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::5818

I wouldn't put a KP3 (or a singular DLC or two) out of the realm of possibility for MKX yet. Unless NRS is alright with letting the game die as a new installment emerges as history has shown us, tends to happen.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad excited about this. Never got into the first one, but after seeing the competitive side of fighting games, it will be a new ballgame for me. I just wish I had sentimental attachments to DC characters lol.

Ultimately though, this is sounding pretty good concept wise, as RPG games are pretty much the only other game genre I like.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
JAX007Posted: 06/08/2016 12:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

"The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match."

This has me worried, not something you want in a fighter...Hoping for gameplay demonstrations at E3.

Darkhound74Posted: 06/08/2016 12:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::5284

JAX007 Wrote:
"The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match."

This has me worried, not something you want in a fighter...Hoping for gameplay demonstrations at E3.

I absolutely hate random loot drops that have an impact on the game. I'll stay optimistic until E3, but micro-transactions are definitely going to be a thing.

photo darkhoundsig_zps0f1vqozf.gif
Thanks MINION
cpleckPosted: 06/08/2016 12:41 PMStatus ::

The character customization really intrigues me. I just hope that it's deep and diverse, with a way to mix and match gear as to make a character truly your own. Plus, if abilities are tied into the gear itself, this could be one of the deepest fighters out there.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 06/08/2016 12:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Yeah microtransactions are going to happen. Not sure where all this doubt is coming from lol.

There's a lot on DC's plate scheduled for this year, as well as next. And let's not forget that this is WB. They're going to milk this for everything it's worth.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
MacyG88Posted: 06/08/2016 01:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::2310
Nationality::Australia

Trailer was cool and all, but WB + loot drop is NOT a great combination of words. If this means a stronger single player, then consider me cautiously excited.

Warbro666Posted: 06/08/2016 02:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::220
Nationality::New Zealand

The customization looks pretty fucking sick. I am curious as to how this will affect the competitive scene for the game though, but I'm sure NRS is smart enough to keep this playable at EVO.

JadedReignPosted: 06/08/2016 02:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::1603

Interesting. I'll be following this, but I probably won't end up getting it due to Final Fantasy XV, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and the next Final Fantasy XIV expansion all keeping me busy well throughout the next year.

Of course, Zatanna could change all of that. >_>

packetmanPosted: 06/08/2016 03:32 PMStatus ::

JadedReign Wrote:
Interesting. I'll be following this, but I probably won't end up getting it due to Final Fantasy XV, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and the next Final Fantasy XIV expansion all keeping me busy well throughout the next year.

Of course, Zatanna could change all of that. >_>

Hell yea ff

blacksaibotPosted: 06/08/2016 05:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::8905
Nationality::Bahamas

wow, no stupid rap music? Much better than MKX's lame reveal trailer.

AsesinoPosted: 06/08/2016 06:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::13778
Nationality::Bulgaria

Weak.

oraclePosted: 06/08/2016 06:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::9330

Definitely a better trailer than MKX and I pretty much figured everyone with a CW show would be playable so there's that. Who is narrating though cause uh I needs my Kevin Conroy.

This armor bullshit can go though, as a mechanic and a design choice.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
frabnPosted: 06/08/2016 08:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::530

Batman mentions "the pit", and the setup seems like a gladiatorial competition, so I'm wondering if there's any connection to Mongul/WarWorld here.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
MurcielagoPosted: 06/08/2016 08:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::2471

Still feeling the same. Gotta see gameplay first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN: Inxomniac
Page of 3

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.