Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/20/2016 05:59 PMStatus ::
Ed Boon Teases Mortal Kombat X Evo News [Updated]

After a week of news making in Los Angeles for the unveiling of Injustice 2; Mortal Kombat X Creative Director Ed Boon is drawing eyes back to the home team with a hint of news upcoming!

Today's tweet promises Mortal Kombat X news with the unsubtle capitalization of three letters: EVO.

Fandom being what it is: the teaser will quickly prompt speculation over an announcement of new downloadable content for the annual July event. The fires of fantasy were stoked as recently as May, when Boon himself polled fans on NetherRealm's prospective next project. The MK-centric survey returned support for a third Kombat Pack, even though Mortal Kombat XL wrapped in March.

Expectations may be better served by anticipating news regarding the tournament major - rather than taking place at it.

An Injustice demonstration is relatively likely, presenting a reason for Boon to try to attract attention back to MKX with the tenuous practice of pre-hype hype. MKXL is already under fire from internal competition. A typically fickle fanbase is showing wavering signs of short attention spans amidst anticipation for the 2017 DC sequel.

NetherRealm Studios and Warner Brothers recently reaffirmed their dedication to the tournament scene with a $10,000 prize pot for next week [full story]. This follows a massive $500,000 put behind ESL Season 3 Finals. Competitive play of their games has been an on-going priority since re-establishing a foothold in 2011.

[Related Article: E3 2016: GameSpot Injustice 2 Live Stage Demo]

Update: True to form; Ed Boon has followed his initial tease just two hours later with confirmation that the studio and Warner Brothers will pitch in $50,000 to the Mortal Kombat XL 2016 Evo winnings.

What do you think is next for MKX? Register to show your support for MK and share your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Vote for your favourite characters in the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion tournament! Like and share this story and more via @MK_Online & Facebook.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/20/2016 04:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::10125
Nationality::United States
MKX News To Be Announced At EVO

[See article above]

Dragon Points:
alican_zeroPosted: 06/20/2016 05:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::1036
Nationality::Turkey
RE: MKX News To Be Announced At EVO

I'm super duper hyped but still want to see a new MK Game with only MK characters in it.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Sindel-142946721
Demon_0Posted: 06/20/2016 06:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::4663
Nationality::Afghanistan

I just can't get hyped anymore since I expect them to throw more shitty guest characters at us

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
MrMephistophelesPosted: 06/20/2016 06:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::0

Laaaaame. Thankfully MKO is usually on the money about these things. Hype averted.

packetmanPosted: 06/20/2016 07:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::4038
RE: Ed Boon Teases Mortal Kombat X Evo News [Updated]

When is Evo this year?

frabnPosted: 06/20/2016 07:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

So Ed still thinks that e- "sports" (LOL) competitions are "Exciting news".

F--- that to the darkest depths of hell. Who cares?

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
geneiryodanPosted: 06/20/2016 08:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::3
Nationality::Algeria

good news
it is mortal kombat

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/20/2016 10:04 PMStatus ::

Oh look, more money for SonicFox. Hurray......not.

AJBluePosted: 06/20/2016 10:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::5321

Didn't he do this before? Made some cryptic tweet and then it was just about the e-Sports side of things?

Feel like I'm having deja-vu.

RainReptilePosted: 06/21/2016 03:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::701

Great news for the 1% of the game's players that play at that level.

PickleMendipPosted: 06/21/2016 09:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 06/21/2016 11:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

RainReptile Wrote:
Great news for SonicFox..

Fixed

barakallPosted: 06/21/2016 11:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::1708

Definitely not KP3, no way. Not sure anybody would want that, since they are all about the money and 2 guests will ruin it again. I'm sure it's something like an update, something improved within the game.

frabnPosted: 06/21/2016 12:23 PMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Yeah, I know. I don't get the hype and the following this kind of BS receives. SonicFox is the top player, but competitive gaming is not a career. It's not even sustainable beyond a couple of years - someone always comes along...ALWAYS...that is younger, better and has less of a life to worry about, so he can spend his time playing video games day in and day out and get better than SonicFox.

At that point, what happens to people like SonicFox is that they experience a bunch of losses and are never able to beat this newcomer, so they lose confidence and get even worse, then instead of blaming themselves, they start blaming the game for being "unbalanced" and the newcomer's choice character for being "overpowered" and the developers for making a "shitty game".

This is why i scoff at the concept of e- "sports". Competitive video game playing is not a sport. It's a measure of how long people with no lives can play video games to the point where they memorize button strings and try to out-perform each other with their memorized button strings. It's not a career. Five years form now, SonicFox will be bitching about all the games he used to play, wondering why he's not winning at competitions anymore, and after spending his entire life being unemployed, will hate his job answering phones for $9/hr.

And this is what pisses me off when Ed makes some sort of "big hype announcement" post. I don't give a flying f--- about video game contests. I don't even play competitive online if I can help it. I play games to have fun. To me, an "exciting announcement" is "we're releasing a HUGE update with new characters, arenas and features", not "we're giving this loser with nothing in his life but video games an extra $50,000 next time."

ragnarökPosted: 06/21/2016 11:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::41

frabn Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Yeah, I know. I don't get the hype and the following this kind of BS receives. SonicFox is the top player, but competitive gaming is not a career. It's not even sustainable beyond a couple of years - someone always comes along...ALWAYS...that is younger, better and has less of a life to worry about, so he can spend his time playing video games day in and day out and get better than SonicFox.

At that point, what happens to people like SonicFox is that they experience a bunch of losses and are never able to beat this newcomer, so they lose confidence and get even worse, then instead of blaming themselves, they start blaming the game for being "unbalanced" and the newcomer's choice character for being "overpowered" and the developers for making a "shitty game".

This is why i scoff at the concept of e- "sports". Competitive video game playing is not a sport. It's a measure of how long people with no lives can play video games to the point where they memorize button strings and try to out-perform each other with their memorized button strings. It's not a career. Five years form now, SonicFox will be bitching about all the games he used to play, wondering why he's not winning at competitions anymore, and after spending his entire life being unemployed, will hate his job answering phones for $9/hr.

And this is what pisses me off when Ed makes some sort of "big hype announcement" post. I don't give a flying f--- about video game contests. I don't even play competitive online if I can help it. I play games to have fun. To me, an "exciting announcement" is "we're releasing a HUGE update with new characters, arenas and features", not "we're giving this loser with nothing in his life but video games an extra $50,000 next time."

yeah,how dare they want to get good at the game and enjoy the high level play at tournaments?,right?,how dare people care about gameplay in a fighting game?,better have all the characters,costumes and fatalities no matter if the game is an unplayable piece of garbage.

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 06/23/2016 12:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::1794
Nationality::Ireland

ragnarök Wrote:
frabn Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Oh look, more money for SonicFox.

yeah,how dare they want to get good at the game and enjoy the high level play at tournaments?,right?,how dare people care about gameplay in a fighting game?,better have all the characters,costumes and fatalities no matter if the game is an unplayable piece of garbage.

Let's be honest here. Competitive gamers are a niche crowd in a niche crowd. While I'm happy for the competitors out there this is a letdown for everybody else.

After Boon polled the community on what they wanted to see next you can't be too surprised that the majority of posters here were expecting this big announcement to be about KP3 [since it won that poll]

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
frabnPosted: 06/23/2016 12:13 PMStatus ::

Aw, sorry...is that you SonicFox? And,is,your,spacebar,broken,or,something,?

What does a video game competition have to do with gameplay? So MKX is in tournament circuits now because MK has the best gameplay it has had in years. That's great.

Do I care? No.

I don't give a damn about competitive play for prizes. When a video game becomes nothing more but a chore that you have to practice day in and day out to memorize button strings so you can compete for money, it's not a game anymore. It's not fun. It loses its identity. But hey, if people want to do that, let them. I'll play the game the way I want to - for fun.

So no, I don't give a flying F about competitive gamers, their "skill" level or their prizes. I care about more content for a game that I love.

This will help: https://www.amazon.com/Boudreauxs-Butt-Paste-oz-Jar/dp/B0009RF8G0/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1466698387&sr=1-1&keywords=butt+paste

ragnarökPosted: 06/23/2016 06:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::41

frabn Wrote:

Aw, sorry...is that you SonicFox? And,is,your,spacebar,broken,or,something,?

What does a video game competition have to do with gameplay? So MKX is in tournament circuits now because MK has the best gameplay it has had in years. That's great.

Do I care? No.

I don't give a damn about competitive play for prizes. When a video game becomes nothing more but a chore that you have to practice day in and day out to memorize button strings so you can compete for money, it's not a game anymore. It's not fun. It loses its identity. But hey, if people want to do that, let them. I'll play the game the way I want to - for fun.

So no, I don't give a flying F about competitive gamers, their "skill" level or their prizes. I care about more content for a game that I love.

This will help: https://www.amazon.com/Boudreauxs-Butt-Paste-oz-Jar/dp/B0009RF8G0/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1466698387&sr=1-1&keywords=butt+paste

You have no fucking clue about tournaments or anything related to gameplay,loses its identity?it's not fun?,lol what a load of bullshit.

Save that link for you,you're the only butthurt fanboy here because you don't get what you want in a stupid videogame.

Sonicfox?,i have been in this forum and playing MK before that clown was even born.

frabnPosted: 06/23/2016 10:08 PMStatus ::

Wow. The butthurt is so bad I can practically feel your pain.

Tell me again btw how I don't know anything about gameplay when I've been playing MK since it was in arcades back in '92?

SpacemanPosted: 06/24/2016 01:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::2136

frabn Wrote:
Wow. The butthurt is so bad I can practically feel your pain.

Says the most butthurt dude in this thread. You seem to have some kinda crazy vendetta against skilled tournament players. Maybe take some deep breaths and step away from your key board. Sonic Fox, a 19 year old teenager happens to be very talented at his hobby, good for him. Calling him and players like him losers doesn't make you any cooler, it just makes you look sad. Sad and butthurt. You have no idea what their lives are like or where they're headed, you're just talking out of your ass ace ventura style. Its almost hard to take you serious.

Tell me again btw how I don't know anything about gameplay when I've been playing MK since it was in arcades back in '92?

And now you're just embarrassing yourself. Your posts reek of scrubbyness. MK1 gameplay does not cross over to MKX whatsoever. I can tell you have no idea how to play these games and get bodied over and over online and have to lash out at all the "no life neeeeerds" who just happen to be better than you. Let it go man. If you don't care about tournaments thats neato, good for you, move on with your life and stop trolling a thread dedicated to one.
JAX007Posted: 07/01/2016 02:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

I do hope we get more kontent for MKX, still loving the game.

Recent podcast with ED from E3 seems to imply it:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/30/playstation-blogcast-episode-213-beards-among-us/

"We're very busy. Because Mortal Kombat X we've extended its support even further than all the other games. It's actually ...overlapping into our next game, Injustice 2 and I'm trying to tell myself it's a good thing, but it makes for a very busy schedule.."

KenshiMaster16Posted: 07/01/2016 02:48 PMStatus ::

JAX007 Wrote:
I do hope we get more kontent for MKX, still loving the game.

Recent podcast with ED from E3 seems to imply it:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/30/playstation-blogcast-episode-213-beards-among-us/

"We're very busy. Because Mortal Kombat X we've extended its support even further than all the other games. It's actually ...overlapping into our next game, Injustice 2 and I'm trying to tell myself it's a good thing, but it makes for a very busy schedule.."

Just heard about this, very interesting quote indeed. Definitely seems to imply there's something else coming.

PickleMendipPosted: 07/03/2016 09:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:Just heard about this, very interesting quote indeed. Definitely seems to imply there's something else coming.

The app still gets updates and new character challenges, so that's something. Good for me, at least.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
BrianMinor25Posted: 07/03/2016 05:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::140

I have my doubts it will be a Kombat Pack 3, and I was ready to just say that the "reveal" was the prize money announcement he made right after, but if it is indeed a KP3, I really hope they give us a finale with Fujin and Rain to quell the people who requested both so much. I would really hate 2 MORE guest characters, so maybe they'll be done with that and the last 2 will be some other MK characters too.

Page of 3

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.