Justice League (2017 film)
posted12/09/2017 12:23 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
- Justice League movie reveals story and official logo

"Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions"

Related Topics:
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016 film)
- Wonder Woman (2017 film)
- Batman solo film (future spin-off)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/26/2016 01:14 PM (UTC)
- ‘Justice League’ Set Report: How Zack Snyder is Attempting to Rescue a Franchise

And now, the big “Justice League” reveal you’ve been waiting for: The Flash is really into competitive ice dancing. Like, “very competitive ice dancing.”

Or at least that’s what Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) tells Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck). It’s his way of explaining why a college student owns a bright-red suit made from the same heat-resistant material as the space shuttle.

The scene was one shown to a small group of journalists last Friday at Leavesden Studios, outside London, where “Justice League” is in the middle of shooting. Director Zack Snyder had just wrapped for the week, and he wanted to show what he’d been working on. So he cued up a clip that had been assembled only the day before, where Bruce, aka the Batman, recruits Barry, not yet aka the Flash, to join what will become the Justice League.

It’s a matter of grave importance, Bruce explains, because a dark threat is gathering, and ... “Stop right there,” Barry interrupts. “I’m in.”

The small crowd laughed at Bruce’s puzzled frown as Barry cut off what was obviously a carefully rehearsed Bat-monologue. Snyder laughed, too. It was, after all, why we were there. It was why Warner Bros paid to fly me, and most of the others in the room, to London with less than a week’s notice and put us up in a nice hotel in Mayfair. (I know of one journalist whose publication paid his way, but most of the others, including me, took the studio up on its offer.)

It was why we were granted an afternoon on the set, and interviews with Snyder, the movie’s producers, and its cast, as well as the costume and production designers. And it was why, while such stories are usually timed to a movie’s release, we were only asked to hold ours until Tuesday morning — more than a year before “Justice League’s” scheduled opening in November 2017. Because the story we’re here for isn’t just “Justice League;” it’s about DC’s attempt to launch a Marvel-style cinematic universe, and overcoming the threat to that effort posed by the hostile reaction to Snyder’s “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Recommend checking out the full article [link above]. A pretty raw account of a movie franchise obviously scrambling to rescue itself before its even been made. Here's hoping they pull it off. It doesn't sound like an overly convincing argument, but you never know! These heroes can perform miracles - if you let them!
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

06/26/2016 11:37 PM (UTC)
Who is Stephenwolf?

If he's the boss in the Movie I imagine he'll be the boss in Injustice 2
Venkman28
About Me
I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
06/28/2016 02:25 AM (UTC)
I'll admit after the bad reception BvsS got, I'm very pessimistic about the future of the DC Extended Universe. I didn't think it was bad, but it was ok.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/28/2016 03:02 AM (UTC)
BADASS6669 Wrote:
Who is Stephenwolf?

Long story short: Steppenwolf is an evil New God, Darkseid's uncle, and a leader of Darkseid's armies. A heavy hitter, but not traditionally a headlining DC villain.

That said, he did have several chart topping successes in the sixties and seventies, most notably Born to be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride.
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

06/29/2016 04:27 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
BADASS6669 Wrote:
Who is Stephenwolf?

Long story short: Steppenwolf is an evil New God, Darkseid's uncle, and a leader of Darkseid's armies. A heavy hitter, but not traditionally a headlining DC villain.

That said, he did have several chart topping successes in the sixties and seventies, most notably Born to be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride.

Thanks!!!
Coltess
06/29/2016 08:14 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
BADASS6669 Wrote:
Who is Stephenwolf?

And he went with Zephram Cochrane on humanity's first warp flight.
BrianMinor25
07/03/2016 04:05 PM (UTC)
Not absolutely looking forward to it. See, I really love reading DC comics over Marvel comics, and I'm especially a huge Batman fan with many comics in my collection and various graphic novels, but something just didn't sit right with me after BvS.

Ben Affleck was a great Batman mostly and his acting was great, but the Batman I grew up with, my Batman, wouldn't actively make a 6 month plan to murder anyone, even if they're as dangerous as Superman, and outright butcher his villains left and right. Some of the greatest Batman moments to me were the ones where he genuinely wanted to help out the antagonist and cared about not killing them. Batman has always had contingency plans for stopping other heroes if they go rogue, yes, but they're always a "just in case". Not this "if there's even a 1% chance then I have to kill him" BS we get fed in Snyder's universe. I know he killed in his earliest incarnations, but I really liked the character development and growth against that, especially with the stories in the 80's and forward.

And although I don't really read any of Marvel, I actually thoroughly enjoy most of their movies far more than I have any of the DCEU films so far. Suicide Squad also has me kind of iffy, especially with their handling of my favorite villain, the Joker.

Somehow I'm looking far more forward to the Avengers' Infinity War than Justice League. I'm not as optimistic for it as I was for BvS before seeing that, but I'll still go watch it of course. Who knows? Maybe WB has learned from the mistakes of the first film.

I just can't help but think that Snyder is not that great of a storyteller and that most of his "better" films were that way because he was deriving completely from an already-written acclaimed story like 300 and Watchmen. If not, we get movies like Sucker Punch.

But hey, looking forward to what the solo Batman film will do!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/24/2016 05:57 AM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16
07/24/2016 06:08 AM (UTC)
Abso-fucking-lutely looking forward to this. Didn't have half the problems most had with BvS and ultimately came away pretty pleased from the experience, and even more so with the Ultimate Cut, so I guess I'm in the minority on that camp.

However, Affleck is a damn fine Batman and the rest of the League looks damn good as well.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
08/03/2016 02:56 AM (UTC)
I've always hated superman and the majority of DC superstars outside batman. This has recently changed.

BvS seriously is one of my favourite movies to date. Even MoS was amazing. I don't know if it's this "everybody has a voice and we just complain about everything" happening all over again but I think people need to understand that they're going to ruin good things for themselves out of a habit. Just because you can bitch.... Doesn't mean you should bitch...

I am willing to put cash on the table saying these same people will complain that JL is too light and humorous when "seriousness is needed to be believable".

Funny. We just had that.

Pretty let down that people complain about easily my locked in #1 superhero movie of all time. Marvel is just... Ugh... I really love what ZS is doing. It's a shame people have to fuck it up. Just as soon as I'm diving into the comic world for the first time since Spawn, I find myself wanting right back out because of whiners.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/16/2016 03:52 AM (UTC)

"#Superman" - henrycavill
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/15/2016 03:03 AM (UTC)

"Homestretch. Last day filming Batman in the new Tactical Batsuit. #JusticeLeague #Batman" - @ZackSnyder

Apparently it comes in black.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/05/2016 03:13 AM (UTC)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Ciaran Hinds Cast as ‘Justice League’ Villain Steppenwolf (Exclusive)

It looks like the “Justice League” found it’s bad guy as “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds will play Steppenwolf in DC Films’ upcoming ensemble superhero movie which recently wrapped production, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Hinds recently wrapped production on the role of Steppenwolf which is a motion capture character from an alien planet, much like the Marvel Studios villain Thanos played by Josh Brolin in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

Insiders also said that Steppenwolf’s look will be upgraded from his first appearance in the DC Films universe in a deleted scene from “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

In that clip released the Monday after the film’s opening weekend, Lex Luthor (Jesse Esienberg) communicates with Steppenwolf via the technology on the Kryptonian ship.

When the SWAT team arrived to arrest Luthor, Steppenwolf screeched and cut off contact. The clip never revealed who this alien was, but one of the strongest theories was that it was Steppenwolf, going off its physical appearances and the three mother boxes.

The three mother boxes are the macguffins Steppenwolf is after in “Justice League.”
Venkman28
About Me
I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
11/05/2016 05:52 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
I've always hated superman and the majority of DC superstars outside batman. This has recently changed.

BvS seriously is one of my favourite movies to date. Even MoS was amazing. I don't know if it's this "everybody has a voice and we just complain about everything" happening all over again but I think people need to understand that they're going to ruin good things for themselves out of a habit. Just because you can bitch.... Doesn't mean you should bitch...

I am willing to put cash on the table saying these same people will complain that JL is too light and humorous when "seriousness is needed to be believable".

Funny. We just had that.

Pretty let down that people complain about easily my locked in #1 superhero movie of all time. Marvel is just... Ugh... I really love what ZS is doing. It's a shame people have to fuck it up. Just as soon as I'm diving into the comic world for the first time since Spawn, I find myself wanting right back out because of whiners.

To be fair, the DCEU has gotten mixed reception since Man of Steel came out. The people who are bitching are the ones who are purists who are pissed this isn't the comic book version of characters. People don't seem to understand not everything can translate from comic to film. Look at the films for V for Vendetta and Watchmen.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/19/2016 03:39 AM (UTC)
- REPORT: Justice League Will Feature A Green Lantern

A new report from The Wrap claims a member of the Green Lantern Corps. will star alongside DC Comics’ greatest heroes in 2017’s “Justice League.”

In a breakdown of what fans can expect from the comic book blockbuster, the site says “a member of the Green Lantern Corps. will be seen in ‘Justice League’ in a key sequence.” The report doesn’t go into detail on what this key sequence will involve, or which Green Lantern is set to flash their emerald ring.

Consensus had been that there'd be no GL in Justice League, so that's interesting.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/21/2016 02:04 PM (UTC)
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

03/26/2017 12:46 AM (UTC)
First official trailer for Justice League has dropped...

LINK

Opinions?
KenshiMaster16
03/26/2017 03:08 AM (UTC)
Fucking take all my money. I'll exchange it all for 1's and toss it at Snyder's feet like he's poll dancing if this turns out even halfway better than BvS. With that said, trailer looks great.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/23/2017 05:02 AM (UTC)
- Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in postproduction, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

Stepping in to shepherd the movie through post and the shooting of some additional scenes will be Joss Whedon, the Avengers filmmaker and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's help, the movie is still on track for its Nov. 17 release date.

The studio is fully behind the move. “What they are going through is unimaginable, and my heart — our hearts — go out to them," says Warner Bros. Pictures president Toby Emmerich.

One of the first things the studio floated was the possibility of pushing back the release date of the movie, but the Snyders decided against that. Warners also extended Snyder's first-look deal to give him time to work on other planned projects when he returns to work.

Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

Ugh. That's really rough.

More info in the article if you want to find it.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

05/23/2017 10:49 PM (UTC)
Absolutely heartbreaking turn of events.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/23/2017 02:21 PM (UTC)
- Justice League - Comic-Con Sneak Peek [HD] [YouTube]
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

The most convincing case, so far.
JohnBoyAdvance
07/23/2017 09:50 PM (UTC)
I really like that poster other than one thing.

Trailer looks ok. I just want it to be good.

Prediction: in a nod to Earth2 new 52 Steppenwolf injures Wondie.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

10/09/2017 04:11 AM (UTC)
Way to use their logo/crests! Nicely done.

Is that Jason Momoa?

Ka-Tra
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.