Official Pokemon Go Thread
posted02/16/2017 05:29 PM (UTC)by
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

What team will you choose?

I CHOOSE

Any other users here play? Post your pokemon lineup, discuss evolution and gym strategies, or hunting strategies.

My current team:

Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/25/2016 07:07 PM (UTC)
inb4 this gets moved to the other Pokemon thread

Admin Note: New games get new threads. - M.

EDIT: I'm fucking dumb, apparently
OhYesMar$h
About Me

"You will serve me in the Netherrealm!" - Quan Chi.

07/26/2016 06:58 AM (UTC)
Anybody find my favorite ones yet?
Gengar, Mewtwo, and Zapados.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

07/26/2016 11:22 AM (UTC)
OhYesMar$h Wrote:
Anybody find my favorite ones yet?
Gengar, Mewtwo, and Zapados.

Gengar is a goal of mine as well as my all time favorite. He was on my nearby a couple days ago but with the 3 step glitch the game is currently suffering from, I wasn't able to find him.

As for the legendaries, word is they are awarded to players through special events. *Edit* - I'll update the OP today with various informative articles that include tips, tricks and strategies. Along with upcoming updates to the game.
Apparently, in a nod to the anime episode with the Eevee brothers, naming your Eevee after them lets you choose what Eeveeloution you get.

Sparky for Jolteon
Rainer for Vaporeon
Pyro for Flareon

Ka-Tra
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

07/26/2016 08:34 PM (UTC)
Tetra_Vega Wrote:
Apparently, in a nod to the anime episode with the Eevee brothers, naming your Eevee after them lets you choose what Eeveeloution you get.

Sparky for Jolteon
Rainer for Vaporeon
Pyro for Flareon

Ka-Tra

This is true.

However, each nickname can only be used once for each evolution. For example: Naming an Eevee Rainer will only guarantee you ONE Vaporeon (so choose wisely!). After that, I believe the evolution is based on Eevee's secondary attack.

Dig - Flareon
Body Slam - Vaporeon
Swift - Jolteon
No, the move method has been debunked.

Ka-Tra
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

07/26/2016 11:39 PM (UTC)
Tetra_Vega Wrote:
No, the move method has been debunked.

Ka-Tra

*Based on.

The move adds a certain percentage of favorable probability to the respective evolution. So instead of 33/33/33, it becomes something like 50/25/25. I don't know the exact percentages, but that's just an example. There's still a chance it can still evolve into the other eeveelutions.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

07/30/2016 02:44 PM (UTC)
Game received a covert update yesterday including a laundry list of buffs/nerfs. Vaporeon no longer OP.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fevgames.net/pokemon-go-balance-update-july-29-2016/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

Pretty excited to see more variety in gyms now.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

08/05/2016 02:11 PM (UTC)
*Edit* - All third party sites were operating against Niantic's wishes. Most, if not all, including pokeadvisor and pokevision have been shut down. Shame about advisor though. Good site that provided invaluable information without exploiting the game.
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
08/06/2016 03:44 PM (UTC)
I'm currently level 23, on team instinct. 97 pokedex. The 20's are such a grind!

I haven't used any of the apps to find certain pokemon, I mostly just walk 5-10km a day. I live in a tourist area so there's lots of routes where I can walk, as well as pokestops bunched together I can rest at. I'm loving it.

I don't really bother with the battling yet, not really my thing. For the record, my best pokemon are still in the 1450 range.

Shinnokxz
08/07/2016 01:30 AM (UTC)
In order to get Gengar you'll have to get lucky hatching 5km eggs to get Ghastly, he seems to be super rare that grinding catchcandies to get Haunter and then Gengar would take ages.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

08/07/2016 04:45 AM (UTC)
Shinnokxz Wrote:
In order to get Gengar you'll have to get lucky hatching 5km eggs to get Ghastly, he seems to be super rare that grinding catchcandies to get Haunter and then Gengar would take ages.

Gengar and Alakazam are my all time favorites and I have such a hard time coming by Gastly or Abra :/

Them and Machamp are my ultimate goals and I'm so far away from all of them lol.

Team update (shoutouts to Futurama fans):

Ninja_Mime
08/08/2016 01:07 PM (UTC)
Pokemon GO TO THE POLLS! lol haha xD
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
08/08/2016 11:30 PM (UTC)
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
Shinnokxz Wrote:

Gengar and Alakazam are my all time favorites and I have such a hard time coming by Gastly or Abra :/

Gastly and Drowzee are the very "common" pokemon I see around my neighbourhood, have only caught 2 Abra and hatched 1... very difficult.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

08/10/2016 07:09 PM (UTC)
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the game received a new patch that include some bug fixes and a new tracking system.

Here are the patch notes - http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/update-080816/
PokeWeeb
09/09/2016 10:01 PM (UTC)
Pokemans!

Its my new training regimen. Catch 100 pigies a day to keep the fat away. Works perfectly.

lmao

Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
12/07/2016 03:15 PM (UTC)
- Pokemon Go Adding More Pokemon, Further Details on Dec 12

The Pokemon Company has announced that more Pokemon will be added to Pokemon Go soon, with further details about the additions coming on December 12, 2016. The news came via a post on Twitter.

This is confirmation of earlier information that Pokemon Go fans had uncovered in the game's source code. Diving into the code in early November, fans found references to Ditto and 100 new Pokemon from Generation 2, including Celebi and Chikorita. Ditto began appearing in the game around Thanksgiving. There are also Starbucks employees reporting a Pokemon Go and Starbucks collaboration, turning Starbucks locations into PokeStops and Gyms.

"The world of Pokemon Go is about to expand with new Pokémon and a new Starbucks beverage!" the Starbucks leak states.

Starbucks isn't the only Pokemon Go collaboration planned. Today, Niantic announced that mobile carrier Sprint is the first United States partner in Pokemon Go.
Pokémon Go is soon to be updated with Gen II Pokémon.
I watched the trailer for the Johto Pokémon on Serebii.net. A bunch of stuff will be updated to be compatable, such as the addition of genders, evolution items, etc...

Ka-Tra
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.