Interesting Mortal Kombat stuff at Retro World Expo (Oct 15-16, 2016)
posted11/29/2016 05:13 PM (UTC)by
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

So many cool, wonderful, and interesting things happened over the weekend! Where shall I start?

Outside, waiting in line, spotting Daniel Pesina:

Seeing official merchandise for sale like these MK hats:

Seeing unofficial creations for sale like these MK masks:

Or these MK magnets:

Or background stuff like the Goro standee from MK1:

They had an MKII (SNES) tournament there... but unfortunately there was a schedule conflict as Dan Pesina's panel on MK was at the same.

There were some MK Cosplayers there (Sektor and Cyrax):

There was also an MK cosplay contest scheduled, though it got cancelled:

I also got to meet Josh Tsui, the former Midway employee and MK team member who is shooting the Insert Coin documentary:

I also got to attend the Insert Coin panel he hosted:

Also, Dan Pesina was there signing autographs and even T-shirts. He brought with him this amazing behind the scenes footage of the original Mortal Kombat, as a complete DVD boxed set:

Finally, I managed to record Dan Pesina's panel in its entirety!

Let me know if you have any questions.
MathUser
10/27/2016 04:32 AM (UTC)
I see daniel pesina has gained weight. That behind the scenes dvd set isn't available for sale somewhere is it? I think I'd buy it if it were.
MindStrikes
11/13/2016 02:49 AM (UTC)
Im am very happy to have seen this interview. It explains alot how Mortal kombat's story and origin started. I love the part where Pesina said how he came up with scorpions iconic "get over here" move. I really thought it was Ed's idea. Fortunatly Ed's idea was not implemented. Im not wonder woman lol.

How can we take a look at the footage that's on the dvd's? I would defenitly buy the box set.
MathUser
11/22/2016 12:23 AM (UTC)
Daniel Pesina is active on facebook. Perhaps you could buy it from him. I think he's the one that released it.
MindStrikes
11/25/2016 02:49 PM (UTC)
MathUser Wrote:
Daniel Pesina is active on facebook. Perhaps you could buy it from him. I think he's the one that released it.

thanks i will contact him
Damn, I need those Nintendo magnets!

I used to collect fridge magnets. Most were from old local businesses, some were food items/other objects, and a couple butterflies.

Ka-Tra
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.