Motaro
posted01/29/2018 06:32 AM (UTC)by
Odemuitascastas
Would you think it acceptable if Motaro only took the form of a centaur in Special Moves?
lastfighter89
12/28/2016 11:05 PM (UTC)
Motaro is perfectly fine and personally I'd pick as the best Boss/sub-boss in the MK Saga, yes, even above Goro and Shao Kahn.
Oh, and BTW, Motaro doesn't need 4 legs just during his special moves.
Having a centaur (man plus horse) is perfectly do-able in fully 3D rendered models, there are plenty of games that already did so, think about God of War 3.
And there are several ways to have X-ray work on him, or just make him immune to them, just like throws and special moves.

The point why Motaro will never see the light of the day again (in centaur form, at least) is simply that he is not popular or recognizable enough to be worth the effort. You have Goro for shock value. Maybe they can recycle Sheeva and Kintaro now and then, but that's it.

There is no technical or technological shortcoming with a fully 3d rendered Motaro and adapting him into gameplay is not even an issure. He, simply, isn.t worth it.

I am sad to say this.
DG1OA
01/06/2017 01:46 AM (UTC)
Oh yes, he can work as a quadriped, at all times, not just during special moves.

As was said, he can be immune to X-Rays, as well as throws, and alities wouldn't be doable on him, or, they can come up with unique X-Rays for certain characters, and minimally altered ones for some others. Same for throws and alities. But he definitely should have his own X-Ray and alities.

If immune to X-Rays and throws, then he should be vulnerable to projectiles. He could still be immune to them during a special move that'd still allow him to walk, like in the MKT era.

If we went back to 3D gameplay, then Motaro's "sidestepping" could be done with him teleporting by turning to mist and he'd only rematerialize when standing still. He couldn't be damaged in that state, but he couldn't hurt his foes, either.

I'll conclude by saying that we should either get a four-legged Motaro, or no Motaro at all. If they want a bipedal Motaro, just introduce an actual Minotaur and maybe give it some of Motaro's moves, but for fuck's sake, don't make Motaro himself bipedal again.
MKfan99
About Me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

08/04/2017 03:02 PM (UTC)
Ive wanted to see Motaro come back in 3d since mk3. In full Centaur mode. It most definitely IS doable in 3d. Challenging maybe.. but better than having Goro shoved down our throats for the 10th time
You-Know-Who
08/28/2017 01:38 PM (UTC)
Motaro was my favorite sub-boss around the time of MK3, but I feel like he kind of had his time and place. It was a daring thing to try and get away from the Shokan sub-boss theme and have a playable one on the roster. But if you gave me the choice between Goro or Motaro and Sheeva, I think I know which one feels more "classic Mortal Kombat."
shrairyuwarrior
About Me

PSN:athlos23

01/29/2018 06:32 AM (UTC)
He should come back. I dont wanna hear excuses from devs lol. Hes dead so ressurrect :)

And they can animate him. Todays tech will allow that
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.