Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Ready Player One?
I smell her perfume! (65.7%)
I smell something... (34.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • August 17th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Next Week [Read On]
  • August 12th, 2017
    MK Warehouse Celebrates 15 Years [Read On]
  • August 11th, 2017
    Mod Koms: Fan Edit Breaks Injustice 2 Bones With X-Rays [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    Is Kitana in the Ready Player One Teaser Trailer? [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    IGN Crown MK Greatest Fighting Game Character [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Fan Submission

Discussing and Sharing Works by MKOmmunity Members.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/07/2016 12:34 AMStatus ::
Kombat Kon 2016: Kosplay & Kreations Spotlight

The inaugural Kombat Kon proved an outstanding success, gathering fans of all walks to celebrate the long running Mortal Kombat franchise. The event was headlined by an all-star cast responsible for the original arcade games, but that wasn't the only representation of kreativity at the event!

As outlined in MK Online's special report: the event invited fans to dress as their favourite characters, and join art vendors in paying tribute to the iconic fighting game franchise! In this article, we cast the spotlight on the warriors who took part in the Kosplay Kontest, and showed off their unique kreations! [Click pics to enlarge].

Among the costumed fans was Jade Parrish -- daughter of John Parrish, who famously played Jax in Mortal Kombat II and 3! Her Kombat kredentials were minted in green, dressed as her namesake: Jade!

Fans brought a wide array of characters to life in the kosplay parade. A movie inspired Scorpion and Mortal Kombat X Kung Lao were among the stand-outs, seen battling in front of a brilliant Dan "Toasty" Forden cosplayer in our main article. There was also a Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Kitana, Liu Kang, Raiden, Jax.

When the kosplayers thinned out, there was no shortage of sights to behold. Adam W. Michaels was in attendance to sell some impressive works of tribute art, capturing impressions of characters from Mortal Kombat X, Mortal Kombat: Legacy and other series, too. He also modeled shirts featuring the MK logo, fighters and Shirai Ryu insignia.

Rounding out the unique kreations was the Kombatpedia project championed by Myke Snow and Anthony. They had a mock example of the book, as well as various items supporting the fan fuelled cause. MK Online first reported on a petition for the book back in July, 2015. It has since gained the consideration of DK Publishing, but is allegedly yet to get the greenlight from NetherRealm Studios.

Finally, Galloping Ghost Arcade gym master supreme Doc Mack shows off his own kustom kreated fight stick [below]. Adorned in spikes, twin retractable blades, and the image of Kung Lao -- it's the ultimate arcade weapon!

Got fan-art, fiction, or kosplay of your own? MK Online celebrates fan kreation every day of the year! Register or login to submit your work for feature in the Fan Submission archive! You can also show your support by sharing feedback to works on the Fan Submission forum! Help spread the word by liking and sharing via @MK_Online and Facebook! Special thanks to ]{0MBAT for being our eyes at Kombat Kon!

frabnPosted: 12/07/2016 04:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::537
Nationality::United States
RE: Kombat Kon 2016: Kosplay & Kreations Spotlight

Yeah, Shang_Heihachi bought up a ton of Adam Michaels' art work. Apparently even his wife liked some of it, so he didn't have to just hang all of it in his man cave, haha. I'll probably be ordering from him myself.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Tetra_VegaPosted: 12/10/2016 03:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::2419
Nationality::Canada

Ah, good stuff, good stuff. Great costumes.

Is that Kitana with Rayden n Jax also kosplaying a certain famous painting?
First thing that popped into my mind was the Mona Lisa.

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
ViserPosted: 07/31/2017 10:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::4746
Nationality::Ukraine

Me and the wife are going to attempt and go in the next year or two. it would be a dream come true for me to attend. I'm hoping to meet John Turk, and fellow fans.

Baraka_MKPosted: 08/15/2017 04:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::3072
Nationality::Jamaica

Awesome article, Mick. Can't wait to see what's in store for year 2 of Kombat Kon. I have my heart set on going to year 3!

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.