Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (24.6%)
Jade (39.7%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (27.3%)
Freddy Krueger (8.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 7th, 2018
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • February 5th, 2018
    Injustice 2 Ninja Turtles Reveal This Week [Read On]
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/08/2016 09:25 AMStatus ::
MKX Mobile Adds Shao Kahn Tower, Freddy Krueger

The latest 1.11 update to Mortal Kombat X Mobile is changing up the game with a major new mode, and the addition of a character who fulfills a long requested fan dream match!

Freddy Krueger was a surprise guest fighter in Mortal Kombat (2011) and is finally coming to MKX! You can relieve the nightmare and finally duke it out with classic slasher rival: Jason Voorhees! It's the guest character showdown fans wanted on consoles, but will only get if they pull the nightmare into their portable device through the upcoming Challenge, or pay-to-play early access! Every town has an Elm Street. You're all his children, now!

The update also introduces Shao Kahn's Tower! A 100 rung ladder that challenges your team and allows you to earn Talent Points that will improve your roster through the Talent Tree. With Talent Points you'll be able to increase the impact of your damage, wield a stronger defense, and generally kick even more butt.

Along with Freddy Krueger, fans can look forward to more new additions to the character kard: Bounty Hunter Erron Black and Spec Ops Scorpion are coming to the DIamond and Gold Tiers [pictured above[. Elder God Kenshi will also draw his sword against players in an upcoming challenge!

All this, plus: Daily free kard packs for the holidays, double XP Bonus Events, Klassic Character variations in the Faction Wars Store, and scintillating new equipment -- Blaze's Life Force and The Devastator!

[Related Article: Neo Was Nearly The One For Mortal Kombat]

Will conquer Shao Kahn's Tower? Register to share tales of your glory on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Help spread the call by liking and sharing this story via @MK_Online and Facebook.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 12/07/2016 05:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::10144
Nationality::United States
Freddy and more have been added to MKX Mobile 1.11 Update

New additions include:

- Diamond Tier Bounty Hunter Erron Black
- Nightmare Freddy Krueger (Challenge)
- Elder God Kenshi (Challenge)
- Spec Ops Scorpion (Challenge)

- Klassic Sonya Blade and Kold War Sub-Zero challenges have been scrapped entirely due to bugs and glitches on the NRS end. Instead, the kards can now be pulled randomly from the Challenge Packs.

- Free Holiday Packs every day you sign in until the New Year.

- Klassic Sub-Zero and Klassic Scorpion have been added to the Faction War store for 1600 rubies a piece. Also added is 2 new equipment; Devastator and Blaze's Life Force.

-The Talent Tree has also been added, a brand new upgrade system that allows you to earn Talent Points that upgrade your characters in 3 categories; Offense, Defense and Support.

- Talent Points are earned in the brand new Shao Kahn's Tower, a ladder based system that rewards you with Koins, Souls and Talent Points. As you progress, the battles get more difficult and the rewards become more plentiful. You can, however, only complete 3 battles per day (or pay Souls to refresh the daily counter). Currently, the tower only goes up to 100 matches.

I believe that covers most of the important new additions. The Elder God Kenshi skin is bad-fucking-ass. Also cool that we finally got our first exclusive character (although why it had to be Freddy is beyond me).

Dragon Points:
AsesinoPosted: 12/08/2016 08:21 AMStatus ::

Visits::14218
Nationality::Bulgaria
RE: Freddy and more have been added to MKX Mobile 1.11 Update

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I'm wondering will they include all the extra content from the mobile game when they release KP3 ;)

frabnPosted: 12/08/2016 12:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::545

"Spec Ops Scorpion"

Come on NRS...enough with the Noob teasing already.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
OdemuitascastasPosted: 12/08/2016 08:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::946

Any chance Mobile content will be released later for PS4 / XBoxOne?

KenshiMaster16Posted: 12/08/2016 10:09 PMStatus ::

Odemuitascastas Wrote:
Any chance Mobile content will be released later for PS4 / XBoxOne?

Nope, this is pretty much just exclusive content for the mobile game since production has ceased on MKX. They did, and continuing to do, the same thing with Injustice Mobile with exclusive characters and skins never to be released for the console game.

In fact, I believe Injustice may have just gotten yet another exclusive character for its mobile game in its newest update as well.

PickleMendipPosted: 12/09/2016 06:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
New additions include:

- Klassic Sonya Blade and Kold War Sub-Zero challenges have been scrapped entirely due to bugs and glitches on the NRS end. Instead, the kards can now be pulled randomly from the Challenge Packs.

-The Talent Tree has also been added, a brand new upgrade system that allows you to earn Talent Points that upgrade your characters in 3 categories; Offense, Defense and Support.

Spec Ops Scorp isn't a challenge, he'll have his own pack with "a chance" to draw him like Slasher Jason, Relentless Jason & the Klassics used to (honestly, fix one problem...)

Where are you getting info from about Klassic Sonya & Kold War SZ? I know they are available from the packs but NRS really shouldn't just scrap their challenges entirely, they need to fix & put out after the working characters. It's seriously unfair to the people who are free-to-play who didn't get Sonya already.

There are a huge number of bugs that came with this update, people have been banned for no good reason (might be connected w/ no challenge but pulling KSB & KWSZ). Also FW points aren't being given out properly nor are ally points.

Personally i like the Shao Kahn tower but it caused confusion to many people as to how it works, as did the talent tree. This thing needs to GO! It's a fucking terrible idea, i don't like it. Hidden stats, you can't upgrade them all = massive unfairness. Isn't the point supposed to be that you have a balance between you & your opponent?

I am glad they have stuck with their schedule of triborgs. I can get Sektor fused up 2 more times before getting Freddy!!

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
]{0MBATPosted: 12/09/2016 11:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::13791

I want to get into Shao Kahn's Tower.

Seems like a good callback to the classics, I like the aesthetics, but like PickleMendip said, the whole talent thing isn't all that clear. Maybe that will matter more later on.

Any word on what the reward will be, upon clearing the Tower?

KenshiMaster16Posted: 12/09/2016 10:49 PMStatus ::

PickleMendip Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
New additions include:

Spec Ops Scorp isn't a challenge, he'll have his own pack with "a chance" to draw him like Slasher Jason, Relentless Jason & the Klassics used to (honestly, fix one problem...)

Where are you getting info from about Klassic Sonya & Kold War SZ? I know they are available from the packs but NRS really shouldn't just scrap their challenges entirely, they need to fix & put out after the working characters. It's seriously unfair to the people who are free-to-play who didn't get Sonya already.

There are a huge number of bugs that came with this update, people have been banned for no good reason (might be connected w/ no challenge but pulling KSB & KWSZ). Also FW points aren't being given out properly nor are ally points.

Personally i like the Shao Kahn tower but it caused confusion to many people as to how it works, as did the talent tree. This thing needs to GO! It's a fucking terrible idea, i don't like it. Hidden stats, you can't upgrade them all = massive unfairness. Isn't the point supposed to be that you have a balance between you & your opponent?

I am glad they have stuck with their schedule of triborgs. I can get Sektor fused up 2 more times before getting Freddy!!

No official source on the KWSB and KSB challenges being scrapped but given they have yet again opted out and are giving us brand new characters instead (as well as them being in the packs themselves) a lot of people seem to be in agreement that that pretty much gives away those challenges won't be seeing the light of day. Maybe they will relocate them to the FW store eventually, who knows.

gorostilllivesPosted: 12/10/2016 12:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::4925

This is great news! Now we can see Freddy vs Jason or better... either against Leatherface! The ultimate horror mashup!

PickleMendipPosted: 12/10/2016 06:53 AMStatus ::

]{0MBAT Wrote:

Any word on what the reward will be, upon clearing the Tower?

No one knows as yet. What is clear, is the the final 20 challenges or so will be super hard.

As for KSB & KWSZ, i hope they aren't scrapped forever and will have proper challenges to unlock like we were promised. It doesn't matter if it takes a while to fix as long as we get a fair deal.

MacyG88Posted: 12/10/2016 12:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::2487
Nationality::Australia

That realization that NR cares more for the mobile version than console.

Still: Freddy! Fuck yeah!

KenshiMaster16Posted: 12/10/2016 02:44 PMStatus ::

MacyG88 Wrote:
That realization that NR cares more for the mobile version than console.

Still: Freddy! Fuck yeah!

This is true, but in reality when you think about it, the mobile version (as tame a gaming experience as it is) is really the perfect 'in-between' main installments for fans. It's the cheaper solution for NRS to keep players playing and giving them extra characters that would just be too timely to add into the console game what with balancing, fatalities, ect ect.

Considering how the Injustice mobile game has gone so far, and the fact they've gotten 6 exclusive characters up to this point; Darkseid, Static, Arkham Knight, Reverse Flash, Deadshot and Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, I wouldn't at all be surprised if we end up seeing the likes of some of the revenant characters, maybe even a revenant version of Smoke, and the remaining NPC's (Baraka, Rain and Sindel) show up before MK11 news drops.

BannacheckPosted: 12/26/2016 08:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::0
RE: MKX Mobile Adds Shao Kahn Tower, Freddy Krueger

I've gotten to 54/100 and the battles are certainly getting tougher!

lastfighter89Posted: 12/28/2016 01:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::5337
Nationality::Italy

For ]{ombat and all the other guys wondering what happens when you beat Shao Kahn's tower...

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Nothing happens. You are awared 30 souls and the chance to repeat it all over again for more talent points

Another disappointement. Another reason why this game needs to get rid of the f2p formula and add some extra gameplay mode like survival and test you luck.

Ah, better balancing of cards would be appreciated.

PickleMendipPosted: 01/01/2017 08:21 PMStatus ::

lastfighter89 Wrote:
For ]{ombat and all the other guys wondering what happens when you beat Shao Kahn's tower...
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Nothing happens. You are awared 30 souls and the chance to repeat it all over again for more talent points

Another disappointement. Another reason why this game needs to get rid of the f2p formula and add some extra gameplay mode like survival and test you luck.
Ah, better balancing of cards would be appreciated.

It's not exactly free to play. It's freemium. You can play without ever spending money but if you want the best characters & best odds at winning, you have to buy souls. And it really sucks but it's good that there is the option to spend no real cash (and just grind, grind, grind instead).

Honestly the character balancing wouldn't be nearly so bad without unfair AI matchups and worst of all... that fucking talent tree. It's a huge pain, horribly unbalanced, poorly implemented piece of shit. Needs to be scrapped entirely.

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.