Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (28.2%)
Jade (43.5%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (23.0%)
Freddy Krueger (5.1%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • September 18th, 2017
    Raiden & Black Lightning Electrify in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • September 14th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Pop! Vinyl Coming Soon [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    Kombat Kon 2017 Returns This Month [Read On]
  • August 31st, 2017
    Speculation: Will Fighter Pack 3 Deliver Third Kombatant? [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/24/2017 01:23 AMStatus ::
E3 Coliseum Guest Ed Boon to Chat Mortal Kombat 25th

On Mortal Kombat Online we're already celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the franchise in our annual Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion voting tournament. At this year's E3; series co-creator Ed Boon will weigh-in on the quarter century milestone appearing in the E3 Coliseum!

Update (June 14th): Boon will be live on the E3 Coliseum stage at 12:45pm to talk about the last two and a half decades of MK! Watch it as it happens right here via the embedded live stream below!

Boon will be a special guest of the 2017 Electronic Entertainment Expo in three weeks, joining Geoff Keighly in the E3 Coliseum to talk twenty-five years of Mortal Kombat, and probably a little Injustice, too!

Fans looking for major announcements may want to temper their expectations until there's actually blood in the water. Injustice Fighter Pack 1 is soon to deliver Sub-Zero to the DC Comics fighter, with Raiden teased to follow. With a lot still to come from Injustice -- just released last week -- it's a little soon to be anticipating anything new from Mortal Kombat.

The E3 Coliseum takes place June 13-14 and while we aren't counting on a new game, it's sure to be a great focus point for nostalgic celebrations! With a movie also in development [read more], there's still hope for something new to mark the anniversary! The event will stream live to Facebook.

[Related Article: Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Tanya Challenge]

What do you hope to hear Ed Boon discuss at E3? Register and share your wishlist on the forums! Celebrate 25 years of Mortal Kombat by returning to vote and comment on daily character polls in the 2017 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion tournament! Support the kommunity by getting involved and liking & sharing stories via Facebook and @MK_Online!

Dennis1980Posted: 05/24/2017 08:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::131
Nationality::Netherlands
RE: E3 Coliseum Guest Ed Boon to Chat Mortal Kombat 25th

Is this the only thing to celebrate 25 years of MK?
As a huge MKfan I hoped they would do a PS4 port for the klassiks or something...but until now..nothing
Come on Ed, 25 MF years, you just cant let it go by!
That would be a little dissapointment...

Tetra_VegaPosted: 05/24/2017 02:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::2420
Nationality::Canada

Cool. He just had a short interview on Innerspace, a program on the Space channel last week or the week before, during an all video games episode.

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
Ninja_ArtsPosted: 05/25/2017 12:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::10491
Nationality::United States

It's funny, because we plan to have our MK Encyclopedia book done and ready to pitch by July. We will miss this one - which sucks, but we are hoping a completed book will change WB's minds about releasing it in October for the 25th anniversary.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
VolcanPosted: 05/25/2017 09:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::1
Nationality::Argentina

Yeah. They could do a big event with a lot of things for fans, the franchise and every character merchandise! It would be amazing.

whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
Sheeva_banner

DetoxPosted: 05/25/2017 09:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::4232

I hope they ask about how they come up with fatalities!!!

Ninja_Arts Wrote:
It's funny, because we plan to have our MK Encyclopedia book done and ready to pitch by July. We will miss this one - which sucks, but we are hoping a completed book will change WB's minds about releasing it in October for the 25th anniversary.

Best of luck to you!

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
Ninja_ArtsPosted: 05/27/2017 01:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::10491

Appreciate it. It's a lot of scrambling right now. Would be a shame if they didn't do anything officially for the 25 year mark aside from this.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
frabnPosted: 05/28/2017 07:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

At the very least, a major announcement about the next MK game in the franchise should be expected. I mean, it's the 25th anniversary for arguably the most well known, notorious and beloved American fighting game franchise of all time. E3 being what it is in the video game community in terms of its importance, I think a teaser or a discussion about the future of the franchise should be happening.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
lastfighter89Posted: 05/29/2017 08:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::5253
Nationality::Italy

Dennis1980 Wrote:

As a huge MKfan I hoped they would do a PS4 port for the klassiks or something...but until now..nothing

They did nothing for their 20 years anniversary, if not putting a watermark on some action figures box, don't get your hopes too high.

Injustice is killing the MK hype.

Dennis1980Posted: 05/31/2017 07:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::131
Nationality::Netherlands

lastfighter89 Wrote:
Dennis1980 Wrote:

They did nothing for their 20 years anniversary, if not putting a watermark on some action figures box, don't get your hopes too high.

Yeah man...

I2 is a very nice game btw.

Maybe in the 4th quarter of this year they will do something for the 25th anniversary...

Ninja_MimePosted: 05/31/2017 08:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::20830
Nationality::Sweden

You'd think for a franchise so keen on reliving the past that there would be a bit more celebration for landmark anniversaries like this and the 20th. Hoping some cool stuff happens this year.

lastfighter89Posted: 06/03/2017 10:26 AMStatus ::

Dennis1980 Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:
Dennis1980 Wrote:

Yeah man...

I2 is a very nice game btw.

Maybe in the 4th quarter of this year they will do something for the 25th anniversary...

Yes, Injustice may be a good series, but it's killing MK.
Releasing a game every 4 years is a torture.

MKHYPEPosted: 06/04/2017 01:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::2

25 years is a great milestone and achievement but I doubt NRS has anything planned to celebrate it. An MK Encyclopedia would be dope AF though.

MindStrikesPosted: 06/15/2017 05:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::303

Ed said in responds to the question, if there will be a sequal to MK:SM, that they were working on MK: Fire and Ice. And went sofar they made a demo. Has anyone seen footage or info on the game?

lastfighter89Posted: 06/15/2017 09:07 PMStatus ::

MindStrikes Wrote:
Ed said in responds to the question, if there will be a sequal to MK:SM, that they were working on MK: Fire and Ice. And went sofar they made a demo. Has anyone seen footage or info on the game?

They team behind it just made a playable build of the game, maybe it was alpha.

Nothing new from this interview, even fan questions were dumb and stupid.

MindStrikesPosted: 06/16/2017 03:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::303

lastfighter89 Wrote:
MindStrikes Wrote:

They team behind it just made a playable build of the game, maybe it was alpha.

Nothing new from this interview, even fan questions were dumb and stupid.

Thats unfortunate. I was hoping to get some info on the Alpha demo.

I agree that almost all question were dumb af. The interviewer only chose woman.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/16/2017 09:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::10103

Loved that someone dared ask about a 3D character thats not Quan Chi or Kenshi. Surprised Ed didnt recoil in disgust.

With that said, I still say Ed seems like the type that is so cool and laid back, someone you could have a couple rounds with and have a good time.

lastfighter89Posted: 06/17/2017 03:51 PMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Loved that someone dared ask about a 3D character thats not Quan Chi or Kenshi. Surprised Ed didnt recoil in disgust.

With that said, I still say Ed seems like the type that is so cool and laid back, someone you could have a couple rounds with and have a good time.

He is just a good mannered PR who proved to have very little knowledge of the franchise he created and seems to be kinda tired of it.

Is just me, or did he looked bored and annoyed during the interview?

frabnPosted: 06/17/2017 11:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed WAS tired of the franchise after 25 years. He's worked on a number of other games, and got his start in programming the software for pinball machines, but no one really recognizes anything else he's done. Mortal Kombat is a major cultural phenomenon and he must be proud of that, but to continuously work on the same thing after 25 years can get boring.

I have loved the franchise since the first time it ate my quarters in the arcade back in 1992. But I loved it from the standpoint of a player. Ed is a developer. Not only does he have to deal with thre stress of people above him telling him how he should make his game, he then has to deal with one of the worst fan bases for a video game franchise there is...whiney, nitpicky crybabies who spend more time telling him he should drop dead on Twitter than actually praising him or thanking him for his work,or asking him good questions or just generally making friendly comments.

To be honest though, he always looked mad and bored. He's a very stoic and slate-faced individual.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.