Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.8%)
Jade (45.4%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (25.4%)
Freddy Krueger (7.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Justice League Gear & Events Hit Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • November 11th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveals Enchantress & TMNT [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    ELEAGUE Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveal Tonight [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/06/2017 03:20 AMStatus ::
Injustice 2 Teases Raiden, Atom, Black Manta & More

Injustice 2 has just received an update for June, and while its primary function has been to improve the overall gaming experience -- it's also updated the Character Select Screen with upcoming downloadable character Red Hood, and fresh teases for future characters!

EventHubs have featured a screenshot of the select screen [above], replete with silhouette placeholders for revealed Fighter Pack 1 characters Sub-Zero and Starfire, as well as six more mystery characters!

The distinct outlines of Black Manta and Mortal Kombat icon Raiden are easily spotted, much as they were in the Fighter Pack 1 trailer. A specifically diminutive figure seems to suggest iconic Justice League hero Atom!

Silver Age science hero Ray Palmer developed a method for shrinking himself after studying the properties of a white dwarf star. As Atom, he can condense his mass to deliver super-strong blows as a man of a few inches, enter small spaces as the size of an insect, or disappear from sight to ride the atoms of light and matter! Atom appeared in the Injustice comic tie-in, helping defeat Superman by entering his brain with a shard of kryptonite. He is an ally to Batman and the other resistence fighters.

The other silhouettes are more ambiguous, eliciting fan guesses of Enchantress, Circe, Katana, Huntress, Lady Shiva, Clayface and many more! Red Hood becomes the first downloadable addition from Fighter Pack 1 - this month!

[Related Article: Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 Character Renders]

Think you know who's next? Register to speculate and discuss DLC on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Support the kommunity by liking & sharing stories via @MK_Online and Facebook!

JasonVPredPosted: 06/05/2017 08:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::900
Atom and Raiden

So hyped for Atom, I mean I doubted his inclusion but it looks like NRS has truly overcome their hitbox troubles!

Raiden!!! Still, I do hope Black Lightning is a premier skin.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
Dragon Points:
JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 06/06/2017 03:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::13172
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Atom and Raiden

I reckon they have just given Raiden's hat to someone.

I just find it such a weird MK character to include.

Already got Black Adam for lightning shit. Plus Static and Black Lightning are heavily requested.

Then if you were going to put in another Mortal Kombat character - why not Shao Kahn? Hasn't been playable since MK Vs DCU.

Or Cassie Cage - seeing as she is the new hotness around in Mortal Kombat.

Just... I dunno. Whatever. I bought the fighter packs already.

DetoxPosted: 06/06/2017 02:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247
Nationality::United States

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:

Already got Black Adam for lightning shit. Plus Static and Black Lightning are heavily requested.

Then if you were going to put in another Mortal Kombat character - why not Shao Kahn? Hasn't been playable since MK Vs DCU.

Agreed. Happy for whoever is pleased about his inclusion, though. None of the other speculated names do much for me, other than Clayface of course.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
Ninja_MimePosted: 06/06/2017 07:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::20830
Nationality::Sweden

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:

As far as recognizable and iconic MK characters go, I would consider Raiden to be right under Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Raiden seems like a perfect fit to me.

Warbro666Posted: 06/06/2017 08:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:

I totally agree with Shao Kahn. But Raiden fits too. They both have godly powers.

At this point I'm mostly excited for Black Manta. I imagine the gear for him is going to be so sick.

frabnPosted: 06/06/2017 11:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

Red hood briefly appeared on the main menu as "available". Was disappointed to see that he wasn't there yet. Probably means he will be available soon, though.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
frabnPosted: 06/07/2017 12:13 PMStatus ::

Judging from the silhouettes (which could be intentionally misleading like the original roster teaser was about 7 months ago), I see the following:

Far Upper Left - Sub-Zero or Unknown (hooded/cloaked figure)
Near Upper Left - Unknown or Sub-Zero (helmeted figure - possibly Orion?)
Far Lower Left - Starfire
Near Lower Left - Black Manta

Far Upper Right - Atom
Near Upper Right - Ms. Martian
Far Lower Right - Red Hood
Near Lower Right - Raiden (or intentionally misleading)

Just remember that any of these portraits can be intentionally misleading. Looking at the layout of these silhouettes, they are far more "up close" when compared to the rest of portraits, which depict full torsos, so again - intentionally misleading.

Note that there's also only 8 total mystery boxes here (not counting Darkseid beneath the "?"). My guess is that the 9th and final DLC will be Spawn. It has been confirmed that the licensing for Spawn is in WB's hands so that they can use the character in a video game. NRS mentioned that there would be more guests, and Spawn would be a very fitting guest (as he has crossed over with Batman in the past) and would probably be the first ever example of a guest character in a NRS game that truly fits in and belongs in the universe.

Warbro666Posted: 06/07/2017 10:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

frabn Wrote:
Note that there's also only 8 total mystery boxes here (not counting Darkseid beneath the "?")

There are 9 silhouette boxes (10 if you count Darkseid). Red Hood is above the "?" select button and then the 8 on either side.

I'm not sure about Spawn. I know the demand is high and NRS does have permission to use him but I feel he fits way more in an MK game where can go all out with the violence.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/08/2017 01:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::10118

Final six are most definitely (at least in my opinion);

Raiden (obvious)
Atom (obvious)
Manta (obvious)
Enchantress (crescent shape on top of the head)
Constantine (upturned collar)
Azrael (bulky male figure, earlier glimpse at full figure looked like him)

frabnPosted: 06/09/2017 09:41 PMStatus ::

Aaah, I see it now. Thanks!

MKKitanaPosted: 06/12/2017 08:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::5560
Nationality::Scotland

I really don't think the silhouettes are real.

Boon is a known troller with this sort of thing and I think the big deal everyone made out of them in the DLC Pack 1 launch trailer that he is playing on it. They are just images at the minute and really wouldn't take a lot of work to change when the actual characters are released.

Could be wrong tho.

I really wouldn't be happy with Raiden in the game, mainly because there are so many good DC characters that would miss out on a spot if it he got in. Plus didn't they learn from MKXL that too many guests pisses people off (probably not lol). Plus Im not the biggest of Raiden anyway so there is that too.

DetoxPosted: 06/12/2017 06:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

MKKitana Wrote:
I really don't think the silhouettes are real.

Boon is a known troller with this sort of thing and I think the big deal everyone made out of them in the DLC Pack 1 launch trailer that he is playing on it. They are just images at the minute and really wouldn't take a lot of work to change when the actual characters are released.

Could be wrong tho.

Normally, I'd absolutely agree and have even stated a similar sentiment not too long ago. However, the fact that these silhouettes made it into the game(via the update) makes them hard to dispute. They have disappeared again over the weekend, so who the hell knows at this point. The only thing that's for sure outside of the first dlc pack is, nothing's for sure

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.