Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/15/2017 01:59 AMStatus ::
E3 2017: Sub-Zero Battles Batman in Injustice 2 Trailer

Sub-Zero is gearing up to embark upon a rematch with the DC Universe! 2017 marks the 25th Anniversary of Mortal Kombat and the franchise icon is renewing hostilities with the DCU as the first downloadable guest character in Fighter Pack 1! Watch the Sub-Zero trailer below:

Sub-Zero looks amazing, benefitting from twenty-five years of accumulated gameplay! The ice warrior brings many of his famous attacks to the Injustice battle arena, including freeze blasts, ice sliding, and ice clones! With the right meters, these attacks can even be enhanced -- setting up treacherous ice clone obstacles, tossing them as projectiles, or even sending an ice slide clone across the battlefield! Sub-Zero also hones a deadly array of ice swords and daggers - the complete Kombat package!

The Lin Kuei Grandmaster is scheduled for a tentative release in July. He follows this month's addition of Red Hood -- who can already be accessed as a playable character in the current Multiverse challenge!

Iconic Teen Titan Starfire will no doubt follow in the near future, with six more characters expected per recent silhouette teasers. Among the characters first alluded to in the Fighter Pack 1 trailer is Raiden -- Mortal Kombat's resident god of thunder!

Both MK guest fighters faced off against the superhero universe as part of 2008 franchise crossover Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe. Ed Boon has called a sequel unlikely.

[Related Article: E3 Coliseum Guest Ed Boon to Chat Mortal Kombat 25th]

Is Sub-Zero the coolest fighter in Injustice 2? Register to share your thoughts on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Be here daily to vote for Sub-Zero and Raiden in the 2017 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion character tournament! Like & share these stories via @MK_Online and Facebook.

JasonVPredPosted: 06/15/2017 03:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::904
RE: E3 2017: Sub-Zero Battles Batman in Injustice 2 Trailer

Eh, he seems alright: the best moves are clearly taken from Noob Saibot so why not have him in Injustice instead? However, despite my general lukewarm reception of SZ I will be the first to concede that I wished his weapons, teleport and slides within MKX could have looked this good.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
BlakeTBRPosted: 06/15/2017 05:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::36
Nationality::United States

This Sub-Zero looks absolutely amazing. I have been waiting for Ed Boon to take the gloves off of Sub-Zero‚Äč and let him loose. It seems as though they have done just that.

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 06/15/2017 03:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::1794
Nationality::Ireland

JasonVPred Wrote:
Eh, he seems alright: the best moves are clearly taken from Noob Saibot so why not have him in Injustice instead? However, despite my general lukewarm reception of SZ I will be the first to concede that I wished his weapons, teleport and slides within MKX could have looked this good.

They could probably make a Noob skin for him.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
DetoxPosted: 06/15/2017 07:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

Tom Brady referred to this iteration of Sub-Zero as "Omega Sub-Zero". He may not have been far off. I feel like this could have been Sub in MKX if he didn't get hacked apart for the sake of the variation system. He looks like he's gonna be a nightmare on offense or defense. The fact that MB ice ball absorbs projectiles alone, in this game, is a huge deal.

I can't wait to see what gear they've cooked up for him. Crossing fingers for a Deception style Shredder mask. Can't wait for his release.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
ViserPosted: 06/15/2017 08:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::4847
Nationality::Ukraine

love everything i saw, i just hate the look Jim lee came up with. I hope i can get the suspenders outfit going, and ill be happy.

frabnPosted: 06/16/2017 12:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

I rather enjoy the fact that his win pose is a first-person-as-the-victim view of his classic spine rip fatality. Glad they also got Steve Blum to reprise the role. Sounds like he'll be the standard voice of Sub-Zero for NRS moving forward.

Gameplay was sick. Saw a lot of MKX familiarity plus all new dynamics to him.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
AgentKPosted: 06/16/2017 12:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::54
Nationality::Finland

What's up with NRS and their awful obsession with the hood look? I wish it could just end.

VolcanPosted: 06/16/2017 03:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1
Nationality::Argentina

I don't know. First teaser I thought Netherrealm were going to make him identical to MKX, but then I thought "It wouldn't have any special , why would want they bring same design"? . So ok. But I wish they kept him his face hooded. More misterious and the ice bright eyes looks cool.
Also the voice sounds very normal, when he clearly uses a breathing mask.

whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
Sheeva_banner

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 06/17/2017 01:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::13181
Nationality::United Kingdom

Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
JasonVPred Wrote:

They could probably make a Noob skin for him.

*shader*
Predicting right now - shaders for every MK ninja. They did it for Green Lantern and the emotional spectrum.

To be honest I dont know why Noob Saibot isn't the "SUPER HIDDEN CHARACTER" in Netherrealm Games. Since Injustice 1 anyway.

Also that was cool trailer - that victory pose is great. Because Imagination is always better than seeing it. Now want to see Scorpion in the game with the first person toasty fatality as his victory.

Warbro666Posted: 06/17/2017 08:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

I adore Jim Lee's design for Sub-Zero. Injustice Scorpion was one of my favourite designs ever and this doesn't disappoint. I much prefer the hoods and masks to the MK3 styled look. His moveset looks amazing with some nods to his older brother in there.

And yeah, if they have some Deception styled gear thrown in I'll be super happy.

AsesinoPosted: 06/18/2017 05:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::14140
Nationality::Bulgaria

Wow, MK character as dlc for another game! For 25th MK anniversary ? What a joke.

frabnPosted: 06/19/2017 11:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

Asesino Wrote:
Wow, MK character as dlc for another game! For 25th MK anniversary ? What a joke.

What the hell kind of odd mis-wiring or defect in your brain causes you to always spout this kind of utter nonsense?

No one ever said that Sub-Zero is being included as DLC for Injustice 2 to mark Mortal Kombat's 25th anniversary. As shockingly idiotic as this fan base can be, this was never a theory or rumor put forth by anyone...until now.

Sub-Zero is being included as DLC in Injustice 2 for the same reason that Scorpion was included as DLC in Injustice 1 - because it's a fighting game created by the same people who are also responsible for Mortal Kombat, and they are opting to use characters from their flagship series as extras in another game franchise that they produce. Just like Scorpion, Sub-Zero's look has been designed by renowned DC Artist Jim Lee, partly to make him more "compatible" with the DC superhero universe.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
J-spitPosted: 06/20/2017 06:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::7211

I know it doesn't matter, but this is definitely Bi-Han.

Looking forward to the day I get this game and these characters.

Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
lastfighter89Posted: 06/20/2017 12:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::5316
Nationality::Italy

The amount of recycled stuff is kinda reminescent of Midway days, with way more quality, of course.
I am not a fan of Subby's standard look, but I am looking forward to customizable option for gear and stuff. I want to see how different each Sub-Zero could look.
While for DC you have certain limitations (you can't have Batman without the mask, you can't have naked torso Superman, etc), Subby should grant totally freedom of look.
You can have him masked or unmasked, classic ninja or high tech ninja, human or cyborg, ninja or grand master, etc.

FROIDPosted: 06/20/2017 07:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::2111

J-spit Wrote:

nope it's second Sub-Zero.

OrangatangKangPosted: 06/21/2017 09:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::519

Nope...not even close....it's the blue Scorpion

WATAHHHHHHHHH!!!
JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 06/23/2017 03:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::13181
Nationality::United Kingdom

Can I join in on this?

Its clearly the Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Sub Zero. He has teleports in this.

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 06/29/2017 04:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::1794
Nationality::Ireland

J-spit Wrote:

Its Kuai Liang. He introduced himself as Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. Bi-Han was never a Grandmaster.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
Tazer_GunshotPosted: 06/29/2017 09:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada

JasonVPred Wrote:

They'll have all his specials from I2 in MK11, looking as good or even better. He will indeed have this skin as well in MK11.

J-spitPosted: 07/02/2017 12:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::7211

Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
J-spit Wrote:

Its Kuai Liang. He introduced himself as Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. Bi-Han was never a Grandmaster.

Fair assessment. I was convinced only by those specials that I now realize must be acquired through gear.

Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.