Anyone else hate Kintaros look in this game?
posted06/04/2018 02:19 AM (UTC)by
SynjoDeonecros
About Me

"Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?" "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Now, I may not be entirely impartial, since I'm a HUGE fan of how Kintaro looks and plays in MK Armageddon (though not really his story or ending), but I can't stand how they changed his look in MK9; he looks like Mr. Clean got a fursona and it came out wrong. I do like the characterization he was given in the game, and his fatalities and moveset were pretty good, but I can't get over that look. Anyone else have a problem with it, as well?
VIPirate
08/15/2017 09:00 PM (UTC)
I don't really have an issue with his look, but may have to take a closer look at past versions of the character and get back to you. What I dislike is the generic roar they gave him in his intro, even though he sounds exactly like Goro during the action sequences. Goro comes off as more menacing In his intro because of the way he sounds, in my humble opinion. I guess it's a small complaint, but still makes me groan a bit.
JohnBoyAdvance
10/06/2017 10:21 PM (UTC)
Hmm I had to look at the differences between Armageddon and MK9.

MK9 continues the cat features from Armageddon especially in the face. Never liked either of them.

MK2/Shaolin Monks he looks so much better. Meatier...
SwingBatta
10/28/2017 10:04 PM (UTC)
I thought he looked fine in MK9, but wish his face had looked a little more feline like in MK2 (limitations and all).
SynjoDeonecros
About Me

"Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?" "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

05/12/2019 07:31 PM (UTC)Edited 05/12/2019 07:39 PM (UTC)

The face is the worst part of it for me; he looks like Mr. Clean crossed with a kitten, to me, and it doesn't give off the ferocity he's supposed to convey. His MKA design is big, bulky, the face looks intimidating... it just works well for me. He LOOKS like a shokan crossed with a tiger, whereas MK9's looks more... I dunno, bad.

The two versions of Kintaro we're talking about, in case you guys are wondering...

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.