SubScorpTile
09/18/2017 11:42 PM (UTC)
travelingwilbury Wrote:
SubScorpTile Wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed to not see my name on any of your shout outs (I'm kidding). It's always funny whenever I randomly pop by on this site these days I see a thread like this and I can't believe the names that I see were around when I used to live on this page.

I joined in like 2000 or 2001 or something I was a kid and made some obviously, timeless friendships I still think back to how influential some of the people I met on here were and how crucial of a time in my life that was.

I'm 28 years old now and I wonder and hope everyone I used to speak with is doing great.

I was such a troll at times it was ridiculous how I acted on here.

I remember Scott-Howell announced he was leaving the site as the owner on the Hot Seat (a forum where I used to interview people from the site), if I'm not mistaken?

Mick-Lucifer ran the wrestling chat room on the IRC lol.

Good times.. there was a lot of value added from this site and I am thankful to all in this community who influenced me during a time when I was becoming a teenager.

nKo 4 life. *cue wolfpac theme*

And also seeing as it's football season, it's that time for Beat the Blade for those old enough to remember the old pick em' game for the NFL season

Hey man how's it going? nKo 4 life kid lol. Those were funny days haha. Beat the Blade damn I hope that dude is doing good lol. How are you?
travelingwilbury
09/19/2017 03:12 AM (UTC)
SubScorpTile Wrote:
travelingwilbury Wrote:
SubScorpTile Wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed to not see my name on any of your shout outs (I'm kidding). It's always funny whenever I randomly pop by on this site these days I see a thread like this and I can't believe the names that I see were around when I used to live on this page.

I joined in like 2000 or 2001 or something I was a kid and made some obviously, timeless friendships I still think back to how influential some of the people I met on here were and how crucial of a time in my life that was.

I'm 28 years old now and I wonder and hope everyone I used to speak with is doing great.

I was such a troll at times it was ridiculous how I acted on here.

I remember Scott-Howell announced he was leaving the site as the owner on the Hot Seat (a forum where I used to interview people from the site), if I'm not mistaken?

Mick-Lucifer ran the wrestling chat room on the IRC lol.

Good times.. there was a lot of value added from this site and I am thankful to all in this community who influenced me during a time when I was becoming a teenager.

nKo 4 life. *cue wolfpac theme*

And also seeing as it's football season, it's that time for Beat the Blade for those old enough to remember the old pick em' game for the NFL season

Hey man how's it going? nKo 4 life kid lol. Those were funny days haha. Beat the Blade damn I hope that dude is doing good lol. How are you?

It's going alright man lol. Don't think either one of us qualify as kids anymore seeing as we're the same, old, tired ass age, but it does make me feel pretty when you call me kid lol. It's going good man. How have you been?

I've been thinking about some of the cool games and threads we use to do around here on the General forum like Boot and Immune, Beat the Blade for the NFL season (Fantasy Football as well), the several incarnations of the Drive-By Thread, your nKo interview section which I got the good fortune to do, and to top it off, MKS' MKO Idol. If I remember correctly, one year, I came close to winning it lol. Never came close though in BTB.

It's crazy looking back at some of my old posts and threads and how absolutely terrible they were. It's any wonder people around here tolerated my presence, borderline early Coltess posts lol. I kid. His posts have become enjoyable and great. It's funny to think back to the feuds we got in then. There have been a lot of awesome people that I use to be good friends with here (as good as friends as anyone can have on an online forum) and people that I thought just were constantly great posters. From you, Blade, MKS, Chan, Rijo (or GoddessofLight if you go back far enough), MK_Freak, Posty, CartmanSP, Sarcasm, queve, TomTaz, Hyuga, Chrome, Alpha, Tgrant, AfghanBlade, TakerMK, SmokeNC, SubMan, Niko, Jerrod, Shyriu, Garlador, Casselman, Dan, Zentile, mos3ph, Chard, Sub-Zero Masta, NeoScorpion, Marine, Erik, list goes on and on. Jesus Christ, I'm surprised at mysefl for being able to raddle all those guys and gals off.

To quote Frank Reynolds, "those were the days....those were the days."
jack4813
09/21/2017 06:26 AM (UTC)
It has been a hot second.

Damn near nothing to add to this, lurked for a while, joined up, was active for a few years, and now I lurk again.

Did want to pop in here to say I have fond memories chatting with Mick, Ninja_Mime, mos3ph, j-spit, Killswitch and... A lot more, names just out of reach. Like I said, it has been a while.

Also, I'm trying to remember the details, but I know one time I logged on, saw a giveaway for what I think was described by Mick as a "thing," entered, and sure enough, won. The "thing" was a little Goro pin. It is currently on a shelf in the living room of my apartment.

Anyway, hope some of the cats I used to chat with are in here, and if you are, hello, this place is cool, still check consistently, but mostly just for news updates and occasionally to pop in to one of Mick's "Official (insert new movie/game) Thread" to see what people are talking about.

Oh, P.S., Killswitch, if you're reading this, why the fuck have we not played Gears of War 4 together yet? Good times.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

09/24/2017 12:20 AM (UTC)
jack4813 Wrote:
Oh, P.S., Killswitch, if you're reading this, why the fuck have we not played Gears of War 4 together yet? Good times.

I'm on it most of the time either alone or with my regular squad of sweat friends. Just hit me up. I'm down to play. They're also bringing Griffin back soon.
Torchia
10/25/2017 06:47 AM (UTC)
Darn. I’m a little disappointed I wasn’t memorable enough to make it on anybody’s list. Nothing quite like knowing you made no impact what-so-ever, haha. Regardless, there’s a ton of you here that I recognize, and it sure is nice to see some old familiar faces.

Like many of you, I started out here during the mk5.org days, as a child. I’d dabble in making (terrible) fakes - holy crap it’s weird using the word “fakes” again - and I even created a bunch of animated intros for the MK Pavilion. Shame ]{0MBAT and I never got to actually complete that project we were working on. I look back on that time and regret not doing more with all my spare time. I had so much of it! Where did it all go? I also used to spend a ton of time making signatures and such. Even competed in a few “signature competitions”. Those were fun, even though 90% of what I made shouldn’t have qualified as a signature.

I’m most likely notable for the way Bloodline said my name in the old... I want to say “tinychat” (?) rooms. Anyone else remember “TORCHIIIIIIIIAAAAAAA!”?

Great to see you all, and I hope for the best in everything you do in the future!

PS) I’m sure I’m not the only one who can feel their cheeks burning red when scrolling through their post history. What an incredible time capsule.
Baraka_MK
11/14/2017 07:53 AM (UTC)
Good to hear from you, torchia! You haven't been forgotten, old friend! And I'm sure you've made more an impact than you think. You were a valuable contributor to these forums!

Funny how we had so much free time way back when and didn't take advantage of it. Eh, I guess that's just part of being a teenager! Bloodline! That's a name I haven't heard around these parts in a long time! I'm glad to see you still check in on this place every now and then!
MKRocket
About Me

Wat.
01/03/2018 12:35 AM (UTC)
Lots of old names here that I haven’t seen in years...

torchia Wrote:
Darn. I’m a little disappointed I wasn’t memorable enough to make it on anybody’s list. Nothing quite like knowing you made no impact what-so-ever, haha.

TORCHIIIAA, I remember you, you big silly. I guess I’m in the same boat, but I suppose that’s my own fault for being inconsistent in my patronage to the IRC chat and never posting outside of the Fan Submission forum. Some people remember me, I promise!

As for me, my story will most likely get lengthy with a fair amount of haze in areas. Here we go...

I started playing Mortal Kombat with my cousins during the holidays when I was about 4-5 years old. Sure, our parents thought it was violent, but they knew it was just a game, as such, I didn’t really encounter the taboo of violent video games until I went to buy MK4 for N64 in 1998 as a 9-year-old, resulting in the sales associate freaking out on my parents. Thankfully for me as a fan, my parents told the associate that I had been playing these games in the arcades and that they knew what I would be playing. This purchase led me to looking up move lists and cheats for the game, which took me back around the internet to some of the earliest MK sites that I had poked through on dial-up earlier on.
Not long after, I discovered the gamers.com boards... So many boards to post on and read other fans sharing stories, discussing lore, and posting fan made content. It was overwhelming for me at the time, but I made an account, MKRocket, because ~9-year-old me couldn’t think of anything better. I had also made a separate account at some point as Cable_Zero, but I’m not sure which truly came first. I mostly lurked, because I was much too shy to really interact with anyone.

That was until I came across the world of people making “fakes” with sprites from the games. People such as Minus_Zero and FatSatan posting these crazy pictures of “gameplay”. It blew my child mind, and I knew that it was something I wanted to take part in. I remember when Minus_Zero made the sprites he had cut out of MAME screenshots available on his website, and the fake pictures came rolling in. Most were not good, from what I recall, and I was one of the guilty parties that made stuff in MSPaint and thought it was gold. Eeesh, rough times for that type of fan art, haha.

But, it got people involved, and it got me more active in terms of posting and interacting with others on the different sites. I started cutting out my own sprites from the games and sharing those with people and Minus_Zero until he stopped really updating his website. Around this time MK5.org’s forums were simply one forum of madness. We got to see essentially everyone talking about stuff, which is something I miss, but I don’t believe it could ever work again unless we see a MK4 to MKDA level drought.

Anyway, I had met some people via the IRC chat, and began communicating with these internet buddies via AIM. Murdoink, Artanix (|NS|), Nengonen, and Potent_Seed were the first people I really connected with outside of the IRC and forums. Murdoink and Potent were working on the MKWarehouse, essentially the follow up to the MKVault and MKIntensive (or something like that?) of Minus_Zero’s (now going by RED_X). I provided MKW with sprites that I would cut out in my free time or ones I had utilized in the fake making process. They took me on as a sort-of team member and I remember helping to moderate the MKW forums for a time. This lasted awhile, and the site got bigger, and more sites started competing for fans’ attention. At this point, I was essentially on every other fan website other than MK5.org. I simply went where the fake community was deepest.

Though, on a sad note, I do remember coming back from a hiatus (probably school or sport related), and finding out that Potent_Seed had passed away. At that point (14/15 years old) I hadn’t really dealt with anything like that and it was a strange time for me and the others working on MKWarehouse in their spare time. Occasionally, even still, I do think about some of Potent and I’s talks and it makes me wish I could have been around more, but I’m sure a lot of you know how that all goes. Eventually for MKW and those involved, it all ironed out and Murdoink really did an amazing job of getting that website where it is today. I believe in this timeframe, I was going by |KAHN|.

Now, fast forward to about 2006 I believe, Artanix and |Khaos| (and his many other avatars, haha) convinced me to help them with a website of our own, to compete with MKOnline. Silly teenagers, but we made a solid effort to facilitate a good environment for those shunned away from the bigger MK fansites. We had a good run and I learned a lot about site building and IRC flooding scripting (thanks, Artanix =P). This was a period in time that I spent a lot of time in the IRC chats chatting with folks like Baraka_MK, Kahn91, Shoe, illu§ion, and others. I’m sure I’ve annoyed quite a few of you over the years, but hey, it was all in good fun. I remained fairly active when I could during my first year of college in 2007, but after the MKA and MKvDC game outings, I had lost a lot of interest in keeping up with the game and the forums.

Once MK9 started rolling around, I came back for a short stretch and participated in some fake making and IRC shenanigans, but not anywhere near the extent of my teenage years. Life gets in the way of hobbies and interests I found. This is when I had a rough few years and would poke back in just to talk with some familiar names when I couldn’t talk to anyone else. I don’t believe I ever mentioned anything as far as my depression went, but just having the people I’ve interacted with in the past there in the IRC got me through some dark times. One thing I do remember was VenoMark telling me during an AIM discussion that dark times make good art, so when I didn’t have or didn’t want to do anything else, I used sprite editing to keep my mind off things. Mortal Kombat has been a very good crutch at various points in that regard.

Alas, from there, it has been hit and miss as far as my involvement with anything MK related. Sometimes I’ll pop on the forums and lurk around to see if there’s anything exciting. Occasionally, illu§ion will hit me up on Facebook and make me look at stuff or try to get me to participate in fake picture things, which is actually what got me back on here to see this post. Reading through, I wanted to kind of give a brief run down of my time. If I had a lot more time I could probably write a small book on a lot of things that I’ve witnessed and experienced. I could even do some fact-checking with some old IRC logs I still have, haha.

Anyways, in the past year, I have been battling unemployment and keeping my head afloat financially. Now, at soon-to-be 29-years-old, I currently have a solid job, which could eventually become a career if I stick with it. Plan on getting married and having kids with the woman of my dreams. I have dreams and aspirations, just have to find/make the time to make it all happen. I plan on checking out some of your guys’ current ventures online. Should be interesting to say the least, considering some of you characters =P

torchia Wrote:
I’m most likely notable for the way Bloodline said my name in the old... I want to say “tinychat” (?) rooms. Anyone else remember “TORCHIIIIIIIIAAAAAAA!”?

Oh, yes, I remember this. Never got old, I wish I still had some of those sound bytes and other goodies from the short lived tinychat (or whatever it was) experience. This may be a tad obscure, but I think it was around the same time, but does anyone remember when ]{ombat decided to hog the mic and participate in some political survey? Gods you were boring =P

In all, it’s been a long, albeit inconsistent, ~20ish-year ride for me, but I do appreciate all of the memories and internet friendships I have & had as a result of MKOnline and its IRC chat. Best of luck to you all!

I’ll be around sometime, eventually, maybe!
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

01/03/2018 06:17 PM (UTC)
MKRocket Wrote:
Oh, yes, I remember this. Never got old, I wish I still had some of those sound bytes and other goodies from the short lived tinychat (or whatever it was) experience. This may be a tad obscure, but I think it was around the same time, but does anyone remember when ]{ombat decided to hog the mic and participate in some political survey? Gods you were boring =P

What? LMAO, that REALLY doesn't sound like me. I don't remember anything called Tinychat either.
MKRocket
About Me

Wat.
01/03/2018 10:50 PM (UTC)
]{0MBAT Wrote:
What? LMAO, that REALLY doesn't sound like me. I don't remember anything called Tinychat either.

I did a quick Google search and I found PalTalk which jumped out at me. I think that's the client we used (though they own tinychat). You may not remember because it lasted two days I think and then everyone went back to the IRC chat.
LordSkarlet
01/04/2018 03:07 AM (UTC)
I first joined back when the DLC's for MK9 came out back in 2011-2012. I frequently posted on here for a few years but quietly left for about two years. Came back today to see what's new, don't know if I'm officially back but nice to be posting again! Edit: Where did all our signatures go? Lol.
Torchia
01/04/2018 07:02 AM (UTC)
MKRocket Wrote:
]{0MBAT Wrote:

I did a quick Google search and I found PalTalk which jumped out at me. I think that's the client we used (though they own tinychat). You may not remember because it lasted two days I think and then everyone went back to the IRC chat.

That was it! PalTalk! You got it! Well done.
STER0LIZER
03/28/2018 04:46 PM (UTC)
Well Damn!

BMK you forgot me, really?

Scott, you made an account to send my a private message on GameFaqs a few years back. I replied within the hour, then you never logged to your account again to check it lol

Glad to see everyone is doing fine! What have I been up too?

I went college on a wrestling scholarship. When I graduated a started a failed career in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) that saw me living our of my car for 3 and a half years, mopping mats for gym fees and desperately trying to get fights.

Ended up getting a fight with Bellator, but the guy didn't make weight and it was scrapped. I retired in 2015 and started working as a Game Tester for KABAM (Marvel Contest of Champions) I ended up rising to community manager, which led me to several other gaming companies.

I'm now the CMO for a Crypto Currency company that specializes in Influencer Marketing (particularly for gaming).

I live in Downtown San Francisco, I have a girlfriend...life is good!

Oddly enough, in my 3 years within the gaming industry I had the pleassure of working with such franchises as Street Fighter, Tekken, MvC, and Blazblue...but never Mortal Kombat. I almost got to do the mobile community management for Injustice...but that fell through. Maybe one day!

For work I attend E3, PAX, and just about any other major gaming conference, so if you ever want to meet up I'll always be there.

Cheers guys! This was a big part of my life between 1996-2004. Glad to see it was for others as well!
MkSwitchBlade
03/29/2018 04:09 AM (UTC)
I was MKorn5 back in the day. Joined shortly before mk:da was announced. Loved those days man. You have no idea (well some of you do) what it was like seeing that scorpion/jax fight forthe first time. I was so freaking excited. Well now I'm a truck driver and am in the process of buying my first home with my wife of 5 and a half years. Life is good friends. Glad to hear everyone is doing swell!
Chrome
About Me

03/30/2018 01:24 PM (UTC)
Some of us still pay attention.

MyQueenSindel
04/12/2018 04:31 AM (UTC)
I joined in 7th grade so that woulda been 2004. I was quite literally addicted to this site, always finding the next thread to post in and thinking up ideas for new threads, especially in general discussion. Going through my old posts is pretty cringy, but hey I was 12.

I made a handful of friends on here, one of which I still talk with and am friends with on Snapchat. I updated my profile recently and it just blew my mind when it showed "middle schooler" under occupation. Now I'm a salaried employee and I pay a mortgage and I have a life and shit. Kinda sucks.

But the MKO days were fun as hell. Would totally waste my adolescence on it again.
Knightmare
About Me

Scott Howell - Co-founder
scott@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience

04/15/2018 06:29 PM (UTC)
STER0LIZER Wrote:
Well Damn!

Scott, you made an account to send my a private message on GameFaqs a few years back. I replied within the hour, then you never logged to your account again to check it lol

Glad to see everyone is doing fine! What have I been up too?

I went college on a wrestling scholarship. When I graduated a started a failed career in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) that saw me living our of my car for 3 and a half years, mopping mats for gym fees and desperately trying to get fights.

Ended up getting a fight with Bellator, but the guy didn't make weight and it was scrapped. I retired in 2015 and started working as a Game Tester for KABAM (Marvel Contest of Champions) I ended up rising to community manager, which led me to several other gaming companies.

I'm now the CMO for a Crypto Currency company that specializes in Influencer Marketing (particularly for gaming).

I live in Downtown San Francisco, I have a girlfriend...life is good!

Oddly enough, in my 3 years within the gaming industry I had the pleassure of working with such franchises as Street Fighter, Tekken, MvC, and Blazblue...but never Mortal Kombat. I almost got to do the mobile community management for Injustice...but that fell through. Maybe one day!

For work I attend E3, PAX, and just about any other major gaming conference, so if you ever want to meet up I'll always be there.

Cheers guys! This was a big part of my life between 1996-2004. Glad to see it was for others as well!

Haha, glad to hear you are doing well Ster0lizer!
Baraka_MK
05/22/2018 04:53 AM (UTC)
STEROLIZER, I definitely didn't forget about you. You've been so long removed I never expected to see you around this place again. Sorry I failed to give you a shout-out! Glad to hear you're doing well. Remind me to never pick a fight with you irl! grin
SubMan799
05/22/2018 09:27 AM (UTC)
I love coming back here to see who else pops back up. This is such a cool thread and brings back so many fond memories of being a teen with too much time on his hands lol.
GrotesquetheBeast
About Me
I need a new sig, something with Kabal from UMK3 would be sweet. Just imagine that here
06/02/2018 11:24 PM (UTC)
I joined in middle school and was mostly just an annoying troll. Love this site and remember fondly the discussions we had on the forums when they were more active. Still visit from time to time for old times sake. Still love MK.
Jonin01
About Me

=Jonin01=

My DeviantArt Site - Check out my Artwork here

06/09/2018 09:01 PM (UTC)
STER0LIZER Wrote:
Well Damn!

You ain't the only one...but he didn't forget me, he just left me out. wink It's ok, I remember him, and his coffee shop, and the women he wanted to date...hopefully it was the coffee shop one he wanted to back then that he's with now, he was always so torn on women. And on whether to delete stuff or not...lol!

I've been around here a long time....

*Drops mic*

Nah can't leave it at that, but was tempted to! wink

BTW...

Not many from here will remember that, but MKN people would..... Fertilizer! gringringrin

Big <3 to Sp00nie for remembering me and mentioning me here. (PS Happy Belated Birthday! Doubt you check DevArt anymore or I'd have posted it there on the day! smile )

As for my story, I will keep it as short as possible, even though I am probably one of the most talkative people you will ever meet, be happy it will be brief. lol

Anyhow, as I've said,I've been around here a long time, well before becoming a member of the site(s) various incarnations, I first started on Alt.games.mk you can find original posts by me on google groups there under a few alias such as =Scorp= and =Jonin= and later Jonin01 (it's a story on how I went from just Jonin to Jonin01 as it was irc chat related so I'll hold off on that) and a few other newsgroups mk or street fighter related before web forums were a thing.

I progressed to being on the Chatroom and becoming an OP there eventually before actively becoming a member here. And one time staff member of this site, I used to have God rank back then...but I feel a certain bird had influence on changing that with a spat of jealousy, and nobody consulted me on why my presence on site was dwindling as it wasn't for not wanting to support it, but that was in the past. I've had lots of free time these past years, though and a lot of people know how to get in touch. wink Also had a long running stint on MK Nightmares/ MK Earthrealm for a long time as a moderator too as Stero and others remember.

I used to run my own fanpage for MK and other stuff Jonin01's realm on the web, but my free host took me down after no updates for a month, but I kept everything archived and you can find it on http://archive.org/web/ and search for Jonin01.50megs.com Maybe someday I will redo it and publish a small site again, as I used to enjoy working at it and had lots of traffic in the day. (Even had Namco approach me to review Soul Calibur 2 for them and get a free review copy for my effort due to site traffic, but I saw the email too late to get in on that.) ]{ombat/Justin still has my old winamp skins from my site on his page if you want to have a look at those still IIRC. smile

I have a very keen longterm memory (poor shortterm though due to meds unfortunately) and the list of people I could give shoutout's to would be way too long since I had a regular presence in the chatroom for many many years and met people there and worked as overall Forum moderator for the site here and met many of you that way as well, as it was just part of doing the job, but those that matter or wanted to keep in touch have kept in touch with me, whether on Facebook, twitter, DeviantArt or even on console. smile

I have a ton of old MK friends on console still, but the vast majority have not logged onto Xbox live for some time, so I imagine they have jumped ship to Sony as to why. (Yes, I see you on your xb1 on fortnite Stero!) I miss the 360 days as a big group of us would get on MK(9) and do king of the hill for many hours each week...that was hella fun! grin
My Gamertag on xbox is..... Jonin01. So any of you older folk from years back that want to add or chat can do so, just lemme know who you were if the name/GT has no ties to your past name I knew.

I have a YouTube channel, with a mix of fighting game stuff, rpg stuff and other gaming related and life related things I update once in a blue moon and that is also easily found as it is Jonin01.

I have a twitch account too, also...Jonin01. grin

My overall activity generally depends on people interacting with me or the like, it's usually erratic but I can almost always be found on XB1 most nights.

Decided to come around again to see who was still here I'd known from before, also as the flames of the site are starting to rekindle again with a new game on the horizon.

Anyone from back in the day still even use the chatroom? I kept telling CaTigeReptile I'd come back on every so often as she asked me a few times in the past...maybe I will soon, dunno. tongue

KThxBai!

TPB where the hell are you? Banned still? ah well your birthday is soon and I'll get you on FB anyhow. tongue
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

08/21/2018 10:18 PM (UTC)
"Let me see if MKO has changed at all."

"Nope."

"Oh, BMK posted one of those memory type threads. I always liked that guy, he's funny."

"Damn, so many old names in here! Cool to see the faces from my era pop up again, but I don't think I'll reply."

"Well, jack mentioned me. Guess I have to now."

Here I am guys. An update on my life now: I'm in my early 30s and I'm getting married in just under two months. Man, time flies. Now to the point of the thread:

I joined this site, man it's gotta be at least 15 years now, but I had been lurking for a while prior to that. Back then, I was a stupid noob and I'm sure I was rightly called out for it by some of you in here. Eventually I became a functioning member of the site, and for reasons I still can't understand I was elevated and given responsibilities, and eventually I even got to have those two lightning bolts under my name that I thought were so cool when I first joined. I've seen a lot in my time here - leadership has changed hands a couple of times, the so called MKOpocalypse, MKO Idol (as well as my feeble attempts to revive it), so many iterations of Signature of the Week, Boot and Immune... but most importantly I got to make a number of friends who I still keep in touch with today, as well as grow up (and I guess now, old) with the crazy cast of characters who made this place so fun to visit.

I would be here all day and night coming up with a list of people who made this place fun for me, so I'll spare everyone... and who knows, maybe if this place ever gets the facelift it's needed for years, and if the front-facing leadership were to shift again to someone who... actually let's not go there. Odds are I'll still be absent. I am, however, interested in the reunion being planned for next year, and I'll be trying to make it there if I can. Wouldn't feel right for me to blow off the chance to meet the people with whom I've spent so much time laughing and talking about a franchise I still love.

Shameless self-promotion time (actually I just want some more skulls before I leave again):

Twitch (I'm an affiliate now! I mostly stream late at night)

Instagram (Follow my adventures with my soon-to-be wife and our 80 pound handful of a puppy)

I don't use Twitter, but if you want my Facebook, just ask. Not trying to link that here lol

It was good seeing you all again. Maybe I'll see you guys for real next year in Chicago.
NeoScorpion
09/12/2018 05:14 PM (UTC)
I joined mk5.org when rumors started and the was only an image of scorpion fighting jax. Since then I hung out a few years here meet some great folks. Shouts to garlador, ghost dragon, switcher, temporaryusername, bladetsung, reiko, kitana4ever, pink ranger, torchia, check, hyuga, ureiko, genitalvazquez, deadlysilence, deadly silence, thunder lord I think es his name. Anyway, best wishes.
Christmas_Milk
09/29/2018 05:37 PM (UTC)
I joined in 2015 back when MKX was announced under a different account. Never heard of this site before joining which is odd because MKD was my first MK game back in 2004. I saw guys like Razor getting trolled by Sharefrock, and that dreadful Tanya fucking account posting the most cringe inducing shit i've ever seen in my entire life. Joined the Neatherkast discord, and ive been there for a while now.
GoodBags47
10/01/2018 05:57 AM (UTC)
Wow! So a bit of random googling and I find this thread from over a year ago.

Most of you wont know who I am. That's cool. But maybe some of the MKN crew might and apologies for intruding

Anyway had a login here from god knows how many years ago, somehow remembered the password, and just had to post to say thanks Jonin for posting the vend-a-goat picture. I remember printing that off and taking it around High School the day after I first saw it.

Was cool seeing your name pop up too STEROLIZER.
golfguide
11/08/2018 04:16 AM (UTC)
Wow Scott, a debt of gratitude is in order for imparting this to us. Its entrancing to me to realize that sort of in the background stuff. Much obliged to you Baraka_MK for contacting a pack of us to come post in here. This is super amusing to peruse every one of these accounts from the past!
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.