Mortal Kombat II Kung Lao Hat Throw Fatality 2 Question
posted02/13/2018 01:05 PM (UTC)by
trynax
About Me

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard

So I know and believe there are only 2 total Kung Lao Fatality moves in Mortal Kombat II. The slice and the throw. When Arcade Collections was released on X-Box Live and PSN I noticed that in the Hat Throw Fatality it lists to press Up or Down after the hat is thrown to do the finisher. When you pause the game and look at his moves it is listed. I thought this was an error or possibly a secondary way of cutting off the head with the hat. Then I stumble across a video on YouTube that shows pressing down cuts off the torso. Does Kung Lao actually have a third Fatality because I've tried numerous times to do it with no success. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Go to about 2:56 in this video to see what I think is supposed to happen but any info on why Down was listed in the moves list would be helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipE-SvWFdhI
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

02/13/2018 03:47 AM (UTC)
As awesome as this is, it is only for a fan-released hack called "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 2." Although the Down button has an effect after doing the Fatality motion, it cannot be used to successfully complete the Fatality motion in the actual officially-released MKII.
trynax
About Me

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard

02/13/2018 01:05 PM (UTC)
That was what I was wandering and was pretty sure I knew. Any reason why Down is listed in the moves list section of the PSN / X-Box Live versions?
Guilherme-0
02/27/2019 10:03 PM (UTC)

That channel of the link of the video is so awesome. Many MK nostalgia there.

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.