Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]
  • October 4th, 2018
    Super Combat Fighter, 2D Digitized Fighting Game, coming soon! [Read On]
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (56.9%)
Out of kredits. (43.0%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

General Discussion

Discussing Anything and Everything That isn't MK.
Page of 1

MkSwitchBladePosted: 03/03/2018 07:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::135
Nationality::United States
What happened to this site?

I remember back when i used to be MKorn5 and Sorcererssoul there used to be hundreds of people logging into this site... Now there's hardly ever more than 3. :(

diirecthitPosted: 03/04/2018 10:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::5328
Nationality::Mexico
RE: What happened to this site?

The last MK game came out 3 years ago... Wait until they announce a new one and it'll be more active around here

MkSwitchBladePosted: 03/04/2018 07:42 PMStatus ::

I know man, it just sucks that people can't stick around in between games and write about things they'd like to see in the next installment.

diirecthitPosted: 03/05/2018 10:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::5328
Nationality::Mexico

MkSwitchBlade Wrote:
I know man, it just sucks that people can't stick around in between games and write about things they'd like to see in the next installment.

Yeah, especially because an Injustice game was released less than a year ago and still got DLC released for it last month, but i guess it make sense, this is a MK forum...

lastfighter89Posted: 03/06/2018 11:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::5394
Nationality::Italy

The forum used to be more crowded few years ago because we got a major MK related news every year, plus a MK game every two years. The news were more distribuited throughout the year as well.

Now we have major MK news every three years and a new MK game every four years. The only real news are at E3 and maybe game awards in june and december respectively.

Injustice killed the MK fanbase.

MkSwitchBladePosted: 03/07/2018 12:09 AMStatus ::

Yeah. I can see that. Well at least we can send a cheers out to the old days!

ZentilePosted: 03/11/2018 08:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::13934
Nationality::Portugal

diirecthit Wrote:
The last MK game came out 3 years ago... Wait until they announce a new one and it'll be more active around here

That's not it.
First of all, message boards like mk5.org are borderline obsolete these days thanks to social networks and websites like Reddit.

Regarding MKO specifically, it is a a dinosaur of a forum. It hasn't been updated in years and years, it works like ancient message boards from the stone age. You have to copy and paste HTML code in order to do simple things like links or post images. The emoticons haven't been updated since freaking MK4. Everything looks and feels like an old forum website from the early 2000s.

MkSwitchBladePosted: 03/12/2018 07:22 AMStatus ::

Zentile Wrote:
diirecthit Wrote:

That's not it.

First of all, message boards like mk5.org are borderline obsolete these days thanks to social networks and websites like Reddit.

Regarding MKO specifically, it is a a dinosaur of a forum. It hasn't been updated in years and years, it works like ancient message boards from the stone age. You have to copy and paste HTML code in order to do simple things like links or post images. The emoticons haven't been updated since freaking MK4. Everything looks and feels like an old forum website from the early 2000s.

Lol, that's why i like it so much! I don't like change all that much.

MrMephistophelesPosted: 03/12/2018 11:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::11

lmao I only use message boards with the freshest emojis and no BB codes. rofl

No new game or horse armor for the site so stupid fans get sleepy. Also no new emojis. lol

ZentilePosted: 03/13/2018 07:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::13934
Nationality::Portugal

MrMephistopheles Wrote:
lmao I only use message boards with the freshest emojis and no BB codes. rofl

No new game or horse armor for the site so stupid fans get sleepy. Also no new emojis. lol

I'm not talking about you, you're here. I'm talking about a mass audience.

TheUberNinjaPosted: 08/15/2018 04:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::1309

Reddit happened.

Sig made by Prodigy004
SwingBattaPosted: 09/12/2018 02:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::1720

Zentile Wrote:
diirecthit Wrote:

That's not it.

This, sadly. Especially the HTML, which is damn frustrating to deal with.

RiyakouPosted: 09/13/2018 01:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::5626

Injustice didn't kill MKO. MKO killed MKO.

The community just wasn't unified. There were always arguments and accusations of admins abusing power. Users seemed to pack themselves into groups and only spoke to certain people. It was like being in high school, only with no one to actually keep the peace.

I still frequent the Serebii.net message board today, and the site flourishes with hundreds to thousands of users. Yes, Pokémon is far more popular and successful, but the community is also stronger. Mortal Kombat has never had the best fanbase. Truly, no MK message board was destined to make it out of the 2000s, and from what I've seen, none of them have.

In my heart, I'll always be an MK fan, so I'll always return to the sites, even if only for a moment.

J-spitPosted: 09/16/2018 07:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::7312

Riyakou Wrote:
Injustice didn't kill MKO. MKO killed MKO.

The community just wasn't unified. There were always arguments and accusations of admins abusing power. Users seemed to pack themselves into groups and only spoke to certain people. It was like being in high school, only with no one to actually keep the peace.

I still frequent the Serebii.net message board today, and the site flourishes with hundreds to thousands of users. Yes, Pokémon is far more popular and successful, but the community is also stronger. Mortal Kombat has never had the best fanbase. Truly, no MK message board was destined to make it out of the 2000s, and from what I've seen, none of them have.

In my heart, I'll always be an MK fan, so I'll always return to the sites, even if only for a moment.

Here here.

Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
blacksaibotPosted: 09/28/2018 08:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

Admins & mods happened.
Better websites happened.
Social media happened.
Admins & mods happened again.

In that exact order.

Good day.

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.