Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

MindStrikesPosted: 04/27/2018 07:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::325
Nationality::Italy
Fighters IQ?

As an MK and martial arts fan. I had hard times to enjoy the fight scenes in MKx.

I feel like NRS could step up their martial arts knowledge a bit. Especially on how kombatants think/ behave in battle. It looks like they all share a similar low "fighter IQ". (if that makes sense =P)

Scorpion for example, is a ninja, but shows minimal signs of being an actual ninja when fighting. He should fight "smarter" and have faster "reflexes"

They all look so easilly fooled, it makes the fight scenes look forced. The differences in their behavier, reflexes and skills is minimal.

Raiden as a god should fight smarter. Make more use of his abbiltys. His experiance and knowledge should be more noticeable, atleast in comparison to regular fighters. Kotal Kahn is supossed to be the new emperer of outworld but is that easily fooled against Rain and Kano. Same goes for high skilled scorcerers etc.

As a fan of kung fu movies myself, i enjoy seeing smart techtical fights. I dont expect anyone to be that picky when it comes down to the fight scenes. But as this is a fighting game based on the best kombatants it should atleast look like they know what they are doing.
This effects not only the fighting scenes but the lore and characters in general.

I hope that NRS acknowledges this. I wish only the best towards MK.

JasonVPredPosted: 04/29/2018 11:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::1455
RE: Fighters IQ?

I think that the fighters could be tweaked for slightly more emphasis on "realistic movements" whether that translates to speed, fancy stances, defensive efficiency or rushdown prowess.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
MindStrikesPosted: 06/06/2018 11:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::325
Nationality::Italy
RE: Fighters IQ?

"Martial art intent is lost after MK2"

Words of Master Pesina

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.