MK11 a PS5\Next XBOX launch title?
posted08/20/2018 07:31 AM (UTC)by
RyanSeabass
Early PS5 dev kits have already been delivered to multiple game studios, could NRS be one of them? The next generation of PS and XBOX are heavily rumored to be released in or by the end of 2020, so would it make sense for NRS to hold off on the release of MK11 until the new hardware is available? This console generation already has a huge install base, so WB has a big decision to make. I personally think it will release on this generation of consoles, but will also be ported to the next generation as well to maximize profits.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

08/16/2018 08:10 PM (UTC)
History has shown that developing a title exclusively for next gen would ultimately be detrimental to sales of the game. For NRS that would be disastrous...they'd probably see a 70 - 80% drop in sales compared to MKX. Look how many people cried and threw tantrums over the lack of ps3/360 ports on these forums alone, meanwhile that gen had already been dead for nearly 2 years.

Consoles are prohibitively expensive for a lot of people, so at least a year or two into the lifecycle of a next gen system, there are still games coming out for the previous gen. MK11, I think, will be the swan song of NRS gams on this generation of consoles. Undoubtedly, I3 and MK12 will be next gen entries.
RyanSeabass
08/20/2018 07:31 AM (UTC)
frabn Wrote:
History has shown that developing a title exclusively for next gen would ultimately be detrimental to sales of the game. For NRS that would be disastrous...they'd probably see a 70 - 80% drop in sales compared to MKX. Look how many people cried and threw tantrums over the lack of ps3/360 ports on these forums alone, meanwhile that gen had already been dead for nearly 2 years.

Consoles are prohibitively expensive for a lot of people, so at least a year or two into the lifecycle of a next gen system, there are still games coming out for the previous gen. MK11, I think, will be the swan song of NRS gams on this generation of consoles. Undoubtedly, I3 and MK12 will be next gen entries.

Yep, I totally agree with everything you said. I've been watching different MK channels on YouTube lately and several of them believe MK11 won't come out until the next gen systems are released. That's still most likely 2 years away at the earliest and there's no way NRS will go that long without releasing a game. I think the break in the 2-year cycle is simply a matter of learning a new engine (Unreal 4) and creating a game packed with more content and longer more realistic looking cutscenes than ever before. And just like Injustice 1 being ported from PS3\XBOX360 to PS4/XBOX1, I believe the same will happen to MK11 being ported to next gen after those systems are released.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.