Possible Box art and character leak
posted12/18/2018 02:30 PM (UTC)by
Fckmkonlineforums9889
Supposedly a guy on reddit got emails from NRS that states info about MK11. It provides details of the game modes, the box art, a new character, and states ronda rousey is sonya blade. I dont really believe this leak but here is the article on it and the reddit post.

https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-mortal-kombat-11-box-art-leaked-sonya/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/a65qw1/mortal_kombat_11_game_cover/
dengoline
12/14/2018 06:02 PM (UTC)
sounds legit...

all other leaks fake... if this is true...

and brutalities confirmed... yay

Geras sounds like a monster character...
Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

12/14/2018 06:04 PM (UTC)
Would be great if true! Sonyas my girl.
Box art looks rough but that’s definitely a good Scorpion render if fan made.
12/14/2018 06:22 PM (UTC)
There's nothing there anymore.

Also, Ronda Rousey playing Sonya just seems a bit bizarre, trollish even. Honestly, this might be Boon's doing.
barakall
12/14/2018 07:01 PM (UTC)
Very doubtful.
xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

12/14/2018 07:32 PM (UTC)
I think it is the most believable out of all the leaks. The box art has colour so looks like a tonal shift away from MKX even if the premise is the same. Not sure if I like the change of voice actors for Sonya but I digress, I do not think she will be playable. I have no opinion on the new character but I would okay with them showing new a new character early. Brutalities were a a good idea so not surprised they are returning. Krushing Blows seems like a guard break to me.
xysion Wrote:
I think it is the most believable out of all the leaks. The box art has colour so looks like a tonal shift away from MKX even if the premise is the same. Not sure if I like the change of voice actors for Sonya but I digress, I do not think she will be playable. I have no opinion on the new character but I would okay with them showing new a new character early. Brutalities were a a good idea so not surprised they are returning. Krushing Blows seems like a guard break to me.

I think some is true but not the rousey stuff. Also the box art doesnt even have the nrs nor WB logo. The placeholder box art for mk11 even has it. Maybe fake.
xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

12/14/2018 07:41 PM (UTC)
Fckmkonlineforums9889 Wrote:
I think some is true but not the rousey stuff. Also the box art doesnt even have the nrs nor WB logo. The placeholder box art for mk11 even has it. Maybe fake.

To be honest the box art does not leave much to the imagination. Realistically they were just going to put Scorpion on the box and call it day since he is the mascot character. Nothing strikes me out of the ordinary but still better to look at it with suspicion.
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

12/14/2018 11:53 PM (UTC)
I don't believe any of this, especially the Ronda Rousey/Sonya stuff. It just seems random. I could see Ronda as Cassie possibly, but Sonya? Seems like an odd fit to get a woman who's in her very early 30's to do the voice of a woman in her mid to late 50s. Not that it's impossible, it's just...random.

I really think Sonya, Johnny, and Jax could sit the hell out for one game. We don't need the Kombat Kids AND their parents. At least let the Kombat Kids get fleshed out and stand on their own for once.
wdm6789
12/15/2018 12:07 AM (UTC)
Fckmkonlineforums9889 Wrote:
Supposedly a guy on reddit got emails from NRS that states info about MK11. It provides details of the game modes, the box art, a new character, and states ronda rousey is sonya blade. I dont really believe this leak but here is the article on it and the reddit post.

https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-mortal-kombat-11-box-art-leaked-sonya/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/a65qw1/mortal_kombat_11_game_cover/

So it’s removed now. I missed it. What was the leak??

cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

12/15/2018 01:58 AM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16
12/15/2018 02:11 AM (UTC)
Yyyyyyyyeah I call bullshit on this one.
MikeyRu
About Me

12/15/2018 03:09 AM (UTC)
This is literally the only leak that sounds real. The email looks real, the language used is professional and doesn’t sound ridiculous like a fan would make (like a 30 person roster, months before the game’s release). Also what sounds very legit is that specific upcoming events are announced, like Ronda being revealed as Sonya at the Jan 17th event. People who make up leaks tend to be more vague about stuff like that so they won’t be held accountable when the date passes and nothing happens that corroborates what they said.
MikeyRu
About Me

12/15/2018 03:23 AM (UTC)
The Dropbox link for the MK Day reveal trailer in the email is real. Just typed it all out and checked, it’s a real song.

This leak seems all but confirmed, IMO. The song sounds very legit.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

12/15/2018 07:39 AM (UTC)
That boxart looks very fake. Way too cartoonish and bright for a dark, gory game. That alone is enough for me to call BS on this one.

And a Sonya reveal? God, that would be the most underwhelming, shitty reveal possible.
MikeyRu
About Me

12/15/2018 07:47 AM (UTC)
Demon_0 Wrote:
That boxart looks very fake. Way too cartoonish and bright for a dark, gory game. That alone is enough for me to call BS on this one.

And a Sonya reveal? God, that would be the most underwhelming, shitty reveal possible.

The box art doesn’t look fake at all. Maybe you don’t like it, but it certainly doesn’t look like fanart.

As for Sonya’s reveal - how is having it revealed that a very popular female athlete is voicing her “underwhelming”? That’s going to be really easy publicity, it’ll definitely get a lot of buzz. She’s been vocal in the past about wanting to portray Sonya.

It’s funny, the second a leak is disappointing to some people, it immediately becomes “fake”, lol...
Kitsune
12/15/2018 09:09 AM (UTC)
I like it when people discuss somewhat believable fake leaks. Generating or feeding the hype is one of the things I enjoy most. I have nothing to do with this "leak", but... am I lying or am I telling the truth?

Whatever I say, people will believe me or NOT. So...

The Reveal event is coming soon. It's a fact: there will be something called "celebrity head-to-head" after the gameplay presentation. Hence the celebrity voicing Sonya and attending the event. ;)

Oh, we have a new character called Geras. But who is Geras? The ancient Greek "demon of old times". He's been created by the goddess of the night. Wink, wink...

So we have an "Oracle" "(elder) goddess" in MK11. Maybe, just maybe she created the demon Geras in order to enforce the old timeline with his help. Smart, isn't it?

See? Sometimes fake leaks are clever. However clever, they are still fake.

The box art is super low res. How convenient! Maybe, just maybe it's based on a filtered and slightly changed screengrab form the reveal trailer. Some of us are really good with Photoshop. ;)

The email thingy uses a PR template. Hence the "professional language". Hiding the sender's email account is supposed to be a "nice guy" move. "Hey, we don't want to ger him/her fired". And no one notices that the contents of the email actually reveal incriminating details about his/her PERSONAL projects.

All hints are present. They were left there on purpose. A real fake leak should generate some hype, but should not be too believable and cause disappointments down the road.

Did I mention I have nothing to do with the leak in question? smile
MikeyRu
About Me

12/15/2018 09:24 AM (UTC)
Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
I like it when people discuss somewhat believable fake leaks. Generating or feeding the hype is one of the things I enjoy most. I have nothing to do with this "leak", but... am I lying or am I telling the truth?

Whatever I say, people will believe me or NOT. So...

The Reveal event is coming soon. It's a fact: there will be something called "celebrity head-to-head" after the gameplay presentation. Hence the celebrity voicing Sonya and attending the event. ;)

Oh, we have a new character called Geras. But who is Geras? The ancient Greek "demon of old times". He's been created by the goddess of the night. Wink, wink...

So we have an "Oracle" "(elder) goddess" in MK11. Maybe, just maybe she created the demon Geras in order to enforce the old timeline with his help. Smart, isn't it?

See? Sometimes fake leaks are clever. However clever, they are still fake.

The box art is super low res. How convenient! Maybe, just maybe it's based on a filtered and slightly changed screengrab form the reveal trailer. Some of us are really good with Photoshop. ;)

The email thingy uses a PR template. Hence the "professional language". Hiding the sender's email account is supposed to be a "nice guy" move. "Hey, we don't want to ger him/her fired". And no one notices that the contents of the email actually reveal incriminating details about his/her PERSONAL projects.

All hints are present. They were left there on purpose. A real fake leak should generate some hype, but should not be too believable and cause disappointments down the road.

Did I mention I have nothing to do with the leak in question? smile

K, explain the song.
steffuz
12/15/2018 09:26 AM (UTC)
dont feed the lazy peon
Kitsune
12/15/2018 09:30 AM (UTC)
It's not a song. There's no singing in the track. There are no lyrics about MK.

It's a music track. One of millions that can be found on various online platforms.

BTW are you familiar with Frank Klepacki's music? ;) He does make great music for games. MK is not among them, tho.
MikeyRu
About Me

12/15/2018 09:39 AM (UTC)
Nothing to do with Mortal Kombat...except the “Moooortal Koooombat!” scream in it. LOL, k.

When you have any info that actually contradicts anything in the leak, get back to us.
Kitsune
12/15/2018 09:48 AM (UTC)
When you have any info that actually contradicts anything in the leak, get back to us. --- Nah, why would I do that?

Many people invested so many hours in this "leak" to make it as believable as possible. Glad it works. LOL ...yek eht si tra xob ehT
MikeyRu
About Me

12/15/2018 10:23 AM (UTC)
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

12/15/2018 11:53 AM (UTC)
MikeyRu Wrote:
Demon_0 Wrote:

The box art doesn’t look fake at all. Maybe you don’t like it, but it certainly doesn’t look like fanart.

As for Sonya’s reveal - how is having it revealed that a very popular female athlete is voicing her “underwhelming”? That’s going to be really easy publicity, it’ll definitely get a lot of buzz. She’s been vocal in the past about wanting to portray Sonya.

It’s funny, the second a leak is disappointing to some people, it immediately becomes “fake”, lol...

I say the boxart DOES look fake and more like fanart. It has nothing to do with me liking it or not. Look at the details on Scorpion on the MKX cover and then compare it to this one. I'd be very surprised if this turned out to be the real cover.

As for Sonya, yes, I don't like the character at all and think she should sit the next few games out. But aside from my personal opinion and bias, Sonya simply doesn't have the popularity to be the main focus of such an event. And the overrated Rousey voicing her is supposed to knock our socks off, really? I just don't see it and think they could impress us in tons of better ways.
Kitsune
12/15/2018 12:00 PM (UTC)

And now the new box art "leak" featuring Geras. My educated guess is that it didn't make the cut for a good reason. Would have been "too much of a leak" and Scorpion, as a character, is simply more recognizable and convincing...

Obviously the box art template is the same as the Scorpion one. It's even more apparent in the full size version of the images.

Someone said something about the "Mortal Kombaat" scream in the "demo soundtrack". There's a program called Audacity. I hear it creates miracles for free. WAV files are easily exported. WAVs are better than MP3s for many reasons, including the lack of meta data in the file, revealing its creator. :)

I'm losing interest in this leak. Moving on to the next...
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.