The answer is in the keys in your Inventory
posted12/02/2004 12:57 PM (UTC)by
Cervantes
have you noticed that the keys that are in your inventory still after being used are colored?

Example:
old womans hut key is Red
Lost kids key is Blue
mysterious key is Onyx
dead body key is Platinum

which leaves 2 more keys a green one and a gold one.
Anyone know the locations of the of the other two, could be onto something here.
KenshiMaster16
10/14/2004 01:01 PM (UTC)
I never once thought of that. LOL Now I feel dumb.
serum
10/14/2004 01:04 PM (UTC)
where can i find the lost kids key and the dead body key?
BloodyJesus
About Me

Sorry about my english, i'm from germany :)

10/14/2004 01:06 PM (UTC)
I never noticed that before. Very interesting.
Btw. nice find
serum
10/14/2004 01:12 PM (UTC)
it's cool, but i don't think there will be a big significance with them because the blue key opens the kid's house and the red key opens some other hut. so unless the green and gold keys exist and do something cool, then i am not sure what else the keys that have already been used will be used for again, you know what i mean?
totaln00b
10/14/2004 03:36 PM (UTC)
The ones I have are Gold old woman's key, Red parent's hut key, Onyx dead body in netherrealm key, and Blue friend in 1st villagekey (which I returned to him). I can't remember what I did with the platinum one, and don't remember seeing a green one. You may be on to something though, I never noticed that before.
redcity
About Me

10/14/2004 03:41 PM (UTC)
Where do I find these Keys?
totaln00b
10/14/2004 03:48 PM (UTC)
Old woman's Gold key - punch her at the start of the game
Blue key - in the 1st village the bald kid who says he's your friend loses his key while playing in the park
Red parent's hut key - I think when you beat up the bully in the first village and go back to talk to the guy
Onyx dead body key - on a corpse in the netherrealm village with 3 oni standing around it
Platinum (mysterious) key - dissapearing kid in the 1st village

Green key - ???
Jacksonbriggs
10/14/2004 03:50 PM (UTC)
It was posted that everything you missed in the first village you would be able to find again later on in the game. For those of us who missed all that we will need to find these somewhere else. Atleast that's my take on it.
FinishMe
10/14/2004 03:56 PM (UTC)
Sorry if this has been posted (didn't see it). I think the colored keys have significance and has anyone else noticed that the key colors match the button colors of the Xbox buttons (Red-B, Yellow-Y, Green-A, Blue-X, Onyx-Black button, Platinum-white button). Probably nothing, but interesting maybe.
redcity
About Me

10/14/2004 04:03 PM (UTC)
I wonder how i can get these keys i missed from the village...
markimus_prime
About Me

Welcome to the desert...of the real.

10/14/2004 04:19 PM (UTC)
Very interesting. I never thought of that. Maybe once you get all the colored keys, the combination of all of them will unlock some doors that can't be unlocked yet. I don't know. Its a theory at least.
Cervantes
10/14/2004 04:20 PM (UTC)
any other key or item you use up in the game gets removed from your inventory, so why for that matter do you keep these individual ones that are color coded to the koins that you use in the krypt.

Im guessing that if you own these keys that are each the color of a koin you use in the krypt then wouldnt it make sens that once you have all the keys something does happen like the bak gate of the krypt perhaps.

The keys are linked to the color of the koins, the koins are only used in the krypt and im sorry but why have just koffins up to TT when they could have been numbered.

These coloured keys in my opinion are special and imperitive to the game and its unlockables.
DK1983
10/14/2004 04:27 PM (UTC)
Somebody on trmk.org have similar theory, but with the ten coloured squares of the Kodex, for 10 keys, so...

Look at this :

http://www.trmk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10789&start;=0

redcity
About Me

10/14/2004 04:42 PM (UTC)
Where do I use the Onyx key?
j3diMiND
About Me

catch me online as JEDIMIND or S-JEDI

10/14/2004 09:13 PM (UTC)
damn... i missed ALL those keys in the first village??? theres no way im gonna start all over for this. this is very dissapointingsad
Backslider
About Me

"It's only after you lost everything that you are free to do anything." -Tyler Durden
Xbox Live: Fecies of a Nun

10/14/2004 09:22 PM (UTC)
Don't worry about starting over.... I started over for the Kung Lao thing...and now I'm going to start over again tonight, if no one finds anything, for the Sindels Ring thing.

After you know all the quests and what to do for everyone, it took me about a good 4 hours to complete everything I previously completed and more.
totaln00b
10/14/2004 09:37 PM (UTC)
You may have had them, but then lost them again. You can return the blue ring to the guy for some koins or keep it. At the time I didn't see any reason to keep it, in fact I was looking to get rid of the old woman's key and the parent's hut key thinking it would help me.
molsen81
10/14/2004 10:16 PM (UTC)
I have more keys in my inventory than a school janitor. Could be a clue.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
10/14/2004 10:42 PM (UTC)
How do I start over? Do I simply create a new file? Also, the colors of the keys seem to coincide with the realms as well.
Jade-Earthrealm
Red-Netherealm
Gold-Chaos Realm
Blue-Outworld
Silver-Order realm
Onyx-Edenia
Perhaps each key will open up something in the other worlds. The Jade key may open something in Earthrealm.
JediRaiden22
10/15/2004 04:47 PM (UTC)
WOAH!!!

I think You are right!

But where can you get a Gold key, and the dead man's key you mentioned?
JediRaiden22
10/15/2004 06:02 PM (UTC)
> You can return the blue ring to the guy for some koins or keep it.<

I don't know if that key is important or is not... if so, damn I think I returned to the boy also. Can you get it back by punching him?
ok thats it i have missed SO much in the village that i am going to start AGAIN with a new profile i will kepp the old one to battle others but other than that i am restarting the whole thign to join the white loctuce and stuff
kaishaku
10/15/2004 11:22 PM (UTC)
i trained with Havik in Chaosrealm and after i trained with him i got a black portal key for the labrynth... obviously you dont need this key to walk into that labrynth..
totaln00b
10/15/2004 11:32 PM (UTC)
I think that one activates the purple teleporter ... without it, you just stand there. And it disappears right after you use the teleporter (just saying because I was just there a little while ago)...
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.